Graphic Dismemberment Axed From Japanese Black Ops

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
I think the moral of the story in all of this ratings noncense.. Germany, Japan, Austrailia, (US your next!)

is:

Government: you are retarded, GTFO.

it is ok my freinds. Duke Nukem 3D was released 14 years ago. so 10 year olds, 15 year olds playing it then will be 24, 29 now... its only a matter of time until the governments are filled with them!

on the other hand... who in their right mind EVER would have thought Arnold "if it bleeds, we can kill it" Schwarzenegger would EVER be one of the crazy 'censor violence' types...

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
GamesB2 said:
dogstile said:
I thought they said they weren't going over the top with gore, or are the japs a little squeamish? In which case I lol at them.
They just have strict laws involving dismemberment.

OT: Two editions? Surely Dub V. Sub should just be a Language option...

Oh well.
Then MGS Rising is going to be a barrel of laughs when that comes out. No wonder there's so much choppedy chop. The dev is making himself feel dirty and rebellious.

OT: I wonder if it's the same as COD:W@W. I mean, PTRSing someones leg of it's socket was pretty graphic (But still totally awesome).

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Dexiro said:
I'm from the UK and i can't stand seeing violence against animals D;
I stopped playing the Overlord 2 demo prematurely coz it kept askin me to kill baby seals :C

Maybe that's just me though ;D
It's likely just you. I find it hard to believe that animal cruelty is a taboo for UK gamers, though, especially because I've lived here all my life and it's the first I've heard of it.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Japanese game that depicts Dismemberment; OK
GAIJIN game that depicts Dismemberment; NO

Oh Japan, your so tsun tsun

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
CpnBeef said:
Too much gore in a standard FPS?

All this Nintendo has made you weak Japan.
Nintendo just got away with graphic dismemberment in Zangeki no Reginleiv.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
coldalarm said:
Crazy_Bird said:
In the UK it is violence against animals
Since when?
One of the rather recent examples would be Watchmen. Here are the rating from all over the world:

UK:18
USA:R

Czech Republic:15
Australia:MA
South Korea:18
Netherlands:16
Finland:K-15
Singapore:R21
Singapore:M18 (edited version)
New Zealand:R16
Ireland:16 (re-rating on appeal)
Canada:13+ (Quebec)
Canada:14A
Canada:18A(Ontario)
Germany:16
Canada:18A

As you can see it is rather highly rated in North America and the UK. In the USA the sex scenes might not have helped whereas many people attributed the high rating in the UK to the slaughter of dogs.
When talking about the a little harsher taboos in culture's many things are about gut feelings since these cultural taboos work on a more subconscious level. Hence it is hard to directly attributed one to another.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Crazy_Bird said:
One of the rather recent examples would be Watchmen. Here are the rating from all over the world:
*snip*
Most of them are 16 rated, which is one we don't have. It's 15 and then 18, so if it's too violent for a 15 (even marginally so) then it has to be an 18.

Crazy_Bird said:
As you can see it is rather highly rated in North America and the UK. In the USA the sex scenes might not have helped whereas many people attributed the high rating in the UK to the slaughter of dogs.
When talking about the a little harsher taboos in culture's many things are about gut feelings since these cultural taboos work on a more subconscious level. Hence it is hard to directly attributed one to another.
I don't remember the dogs being killed that violently in it), but there's plenty of films that are rated sub-18 with the "murder" of animals. Resident Evil has the zombie dogs who are killed, and that's a 15.

The BBFC report [http://www.bbfc.co.uk/CFF250940] doesn't even mention the killing of animals, so that one can be chalked up to the violence alone.