Great Cancelled TV Shows

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
NeedAUserName said:
Heroes [sup]Its first season warranted at least a fourth season just to see if they could get back to original form[/sup]
There was a fourth season. And kinda. Certainly it was better than 2 and 3 (it amuses me that the writers actually apologised for how bad the first half of season 3 was). The first season was amazing though!

Snake Plissken said:
The Tick, on the other hand, was great. 6 episodes?! Seriously ?! Only 6?!
Only 6? Huh. I may actually have seen them all then. But not for years now...

Katratzi

Jan 16, 2009
As well as those already mentioned ...
Farscape
Caprica
Stargate Universe
Charlie Jade
Flashforward
Threshold
I'm sure there are more, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Fayathon said:
Not usually the first to get to it, but mine is definitely MEGAS XLR. I would have loved one more season of that show.
This, so much. And Samurai Jack. I will never get over it.

From non-cartoons, Firefly of course and John Doe. I also liked Dead Like Me, but I watched it years ago and I didn't really remember it was cancelled, somehow I had a feeling it ended normally. Apparently, it didn't.

Edit: I noticed someone mentioned Rome, and despite I haven't watched it yet, I am already sad about it having only two seasons and being cancelled. I simply know I'll love it, being an insane antiquity lover, and then end up disappointed because they cancelled it.

wolfchylde

Nov 19, 2010
Babylon 5 doesn't count - it ran its course and ended the story. Crusade sucked and Legend of the Rangers didn't get a chance :(

Symbionic Titan - now THERE's a show I wanted to continue :( At least they didn't completely leave us hanging... but MAN I wanted to see where it was going *cries*

brutus3933

Aug 3, 2009
Arrested Development
Invader Zim
Dead Like Me
My Own Worst Enemy (It was just starting to find its place!)
Moonlight

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
King of the Hill...oh wait no that had like 13 or 14 seasons. Hmmm, well then I can't think of any.

hypermage

Feb 13, 2010
My Name is Earl and Arrested Development off the top of my head.

It's rather amusing that everyone's mentioned Firefly despite the OP, as though the mere fact that it's a given is somehow not enough.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Pretty much Toonami itself (90's - mid 2000's content)

Code Monkeys

King of the Hill

There some REALLY old cartoons - SWAT Kats and Captain Planet just to name a few

Da_MoA

Mar 29, 2009
Stargate SG1, the movies just don't cut it you cant cram a seasons worth of stuff in to an hour and a half.

Also Stargate Universe was finally getting good and now its been cancelled. :(

ssManae

Aug 13, 2009
J03bot said:
NeedAUserName said:
Heroes [sup]Its first season warranted at least a fourth season just to see if they could get back to original form[/sup]
There was a fourth season. And kinda. Certainly it was better than 2 and 3 (it amuses me that the writers actually apologised for how bad the first half of season 3 was). The first season was amazing though!

Snake Plissken said:
The Tick, on the other hand, was great. 6 episodes?! Seriously ?! Only 6?!
Only 6? Huh. I may actually have seen them all then. But not for years now...
Pretty sure they meant the live action version. It... didn't really last long at all. Might have been a victim of the writers' strike, though? The animated version lasted at least a full season.

Have to agree with the Space: Above and Beyond. Really loved that show when I was younger.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Its been said at least 4 times before, My name is Earl. Whoever the hell left the tv series on that insane cliffhanger ought to be hanged and burned at the stake!

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
Starship Troopers Chronicles....left us hanging and closed before the final 3 episode, HHNNNGGG!!!

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
ace_the_poet said:
How has Arrested Development not been mentioned yet? Best show ever.
This. The number of great shows that Fox has cancelled is beyond belief. Firefly, Futurama, Arrested Development, Sarah Conner Chronicles, etc.

The really sad thought is most of the great shows Fox cancels are ones that are very well recieved. All four that I mentioned won awards during their first seasons, but still eventually got canned. Thankfully Futurama rose from the ashes, Firefly got it's ending in Serenity, and Arrested Development movie should be out soon.