Great movies that don't get the attention they deserve

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
henritje said:
personally I can't really say BR or THG is better but I think it has allot more impact to fight your classmates then some random people.
Well it's in my own opinion that BR by far the superior film, but the thing that that makes me the most angry is a lot of people, and again a lot of my own friends, are constantly comparing the two. I just want BR to be watched and enjoyed without being constantly compared to THG.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Gabanuka said:
The Princess Bride.

That film knows what its wants to do and does it perfectly. I will always love it.
Still a regular friday night movie in my house, love the whole thing.

HardkorSB said:
Big Trouble in Little China (another one of Carpenter's best):

Greatest Movie Ever! No honestly, any film with the line:

"If we're not back by dawn, call the president"

Deserves the title of Greatest Movie Ever!

Oh and my two pence worth, greatest Disney film.... the emperor's new groove... this guys my hero

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Well this is well known but Poltergeist is very often left of high ranking lists because they didn't find it scary. There are so many great scenes in that movie and that's the crappy criticism I see it get often. It's still one of the most powerful experiences ever.

Also, Death To Smoochy no one mentions at all.

TWRule

Dec 3, 2010
PsychedelicDiamond said:
TWRule said:
I have a ton, but...

The Trial (1993) with Anthony Hopkins

Yeah, it's based on Kafka's book by the same name, and one could argue that book has had its share of attention, but if you haven't read the book, the movie gets the point across quite well. Everyone should see it at some point.
Bro, the Orson Welles version is way better. You should totally watch it, it's amazing.
I haven't seen it - the reason I watched this one is because my mentor recommended it because of...something about the way it interpreted the book (I don't remember what specifically) - I'll check out that version sometime. The point is, everyone should know about The Trial haha.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
Titan AE

I haven't watched it in years, but it was this really cool Sci Fi animated movie... :D
That's a good movie, i have a copy on DvD and i still watch it every once in a while. It's a rather important film to me too as well though and i love it even to this day.

henritje said:
the only reason Battle Royall seems to be getting attention is thanks to it,s comparison to THG
THANK YOU! You just made me remember that fucking Manga that this series had made for it..

Now if you'll excuse me, i have some repressing to do.

captcha: Stop wasting time....well, ain't that just nice!

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
TheBobmus said:
Law Abiding Citizen

I enjoy that movie so damn much, and couldn't recommend it highly enough. It got an unfairly low metacritic score in my opinion, especially seeing as every person I've seen it with has enjoyed it immensely as well. Seriously, give this movie a go.
(It's got Gerard Butler in it. And <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY>Jamie Foxx.)
Awesome movie! and really asks some good questions on what is enough and what is right and wrong :)

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
shewolf51 said:
I would have to say 13th Warrior. I'd never heard of it up until a few weeks ago but I love it.

oh god yes! i still have the VHS somewhere.. also have it on Bluray :) love this movie saw it in theaters back when released. And yes more people should see it!

still got this on my comp(from waaay back :p):

"Lo, there do I see my father.

Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers

Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.

Lo, they do call to me.

They bid me take my place among them in
The halls of Valhalla

Where the brave may live... Forever
-The 13th Warrior"

Sh1nobu

Nov 23, 2009
neversleep said:
Look as usual this is going to be ignored. But if you love movies, especially ones like "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" please, please, please ,please... Check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXH-MIPzZQ
It's called Mr nobody and some of the people I recommended it too thought it was the best film ever made.
Thank you for making up the 3rd most memorable movie night so far (There has been one every friday for a very long time, so you can imagine how big of a compliment that is.)

EVERYBODY. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVE, FIND A WAY!