Greatest final boss theme?

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
The Final Fantasies have already been mentioned, thus I present to you Eternal Sonata's final battle theme:

Regardless your opinion of the actual game (I kinda liked it), that theme is EPIC.

Also, FF Mystic Quest:

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Bebus said:
All very good songs. But I have yet to hear one with the sheer heart wrenching awesome of this.

Ok, not quite a final boss theme (more like an approach to final boss theme) but I thought this was much more of an ending than the actual boss!
That's the one I would've picked as well, UNTIL I remembered this

I'm amazed no one picked that yet. Can't really explain why I like it so much, I guess it's because it reminds me of all the MGS games and how much fun and emotional they where.

ZahariasX

Jun 25, 2008
RaNDM G said:
Culex's theme from Super Mario RPG.
Not the last boss, but certainly a bastard to fight even at high levels.
This music is actually originally in Final Fantasy IV (II on SNES in NA). It's just regular boss music in the game but still good boss music. Thought you might be interested since FF IV predates Super Mario RPG by 5 years.

I do believe Culex is the optional boss behind that locked door. He was a ***** to fight that's for sure.

EDIT: Just noticed I got beat to it.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Xhoyl said:
Agreed. One-Winged Angel is decent, but not particularly amazing. Dancing Mad, on the other hand, is incredible. Can't believe I forgot to link that, thanks for putting the video up. REALLY long, though. In practice, you'll kill him way before the song is over, complete pushover of a boss.

scrambledeggs

Aug 17, 2009
Irriduccibilli said:
Bebus said:
All very good songs. But I have yet to hear one with the sheer heart wrenching awesome of this.

Ok, not quite a final boss theme (more like an approach to final boss theme) but I thought this was much more of an ending than the actual boss!

I'm amazed no one picked that yet. Can't really explain why I like it so much, I guess it's because it reminds me of all the MGS games and how much fun and emotional they where.
I was sifting through the 4 pages and couldn't find this, thankyou thankyou thankyou this easily wins if you are a MGS fan, it's just so epic.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Skoldpadda said:
Another fantastic one:

I prefer the final theme from Hordes of the Underdark myself. It's just so damned... well, terrifying. It's got this great sense of oncoming horror and impossible odds. Which is appropriate considering you were fighting Mephistopheles within the burning streets of Nerverwinter as demonic hordes invaded. Very dark and brooding! That theme was just too cheerful sounding for my tastes, undeniably epic yes, but it didn't have the same sort of foreboding weight behind it as this one.

The final battle theme for Neverwinter Nights 2 was also damned epic in much the same way.

I like those sort of foreboding boss themes.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
The Madman said:
I prefer the final theme from Hordes of the Underdark myself.
Yeah, it's a great theme. I've heard it, but I never actually reached the end of HotU, so it felt wrong to mention it. ;)

Whelp, I'm off to finally beat HotU!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Sephiroth's theme at the end of FF7 and the Suicide Mission music from Mass Effect 2 are my favourite I think.

Heres an orchestral version of Sephiroth's as I realise it was ninja'd long ago

Nobuo Uematsu is an amazing composer

Also not a end boss theme but it should be; (It's heard near the end at the final form of Ultimecia aswell I believe)

Gunhappy

May 2, 2011
The theme from the final stage of the Lavos battle from Chrono Trigger has already been mentioned, but I kinda prefer the theme played in the battle before that: World Revolution.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, but for the sake of making a new contribution...
here you go.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Irriduccibilli said:

That actually just made me cry a little bit! Haha, oh good times, good times...

When the HD remasterings come out I am so booking a week off work and going through them to cry all over again!