Greatest hunter mother nature has to offer

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
This is a simnple thread, in your opinion, what animal is the best hunter in the animal kingdom?

In my opinion the spider has to be up int he top ranks. Beautiful craftsmanship in their webs and absolute endless patience. Just...waiting for their prey. No tot mention their insane speed and tuned senses.

In second i would say the owl, like the spider, lots of patience just listening in the dead of night for the slightest noise. Pin point their prey down and then silenly fly through the sky and *pluck*, dinner.

EDIT: I should of made this more clear. When i say greatest, i mean most impressive and not the most succsessful (which is Man). Although man can still be an answer, just don't drone on it. Be a bit more creative unless you have an argument to point out how epic we are.

DrStupid87

Mar 17, 2011
I'd say the "Pistol Shrimp".

This murder machine has two very powerful hand cannons that it uses to stun its prey then eat it.
If humans had such hand cannons (built in, not pistols), wars would become very strange.

Behold this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPrGxB1Kzc

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
little.09 said:
obviously the Predator
Damn ninjas, they're frikkin' everywhere!

Besides the Predator, the cheetah is pretty badass, if only because it can run really really fast.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Ninjas, obviously. You may argue they're not a product of nature, but humans are part of nature, so whatever. Also, they use swords: natures knives.

I hope I ninja somebody with this response, because I like getting all meta and whatnot.

Lord Legion

Feb 26, 2010
the most obvious one in the room...
US!
Humans... seriously... and if we get eaten by some other animal, we band together and eradicate as many members of the species as we can find.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Distorted Stu said:
This is a simnple thread, in your opinion, what animal is the best hunter in the animal kingdom?
Well it's clearly us, we cause extinctions without even trying.

Plus, other animals have the equipment they're born with, that they evolve over milions of years. We dream up new bits of equipment all the time, first it's pointy sticks and rocks, then pointy sticks we can throw, then nets, knives, guns...

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Wikipedia said:
Apex predators (also known as alpha, super-, top-level predators or top predators) are predators that have no predators of their own, residing at the top of their food chain. Apex predator species are often at the top of long food chains, where they have a crucial role in maintaining the health of their ecosystems
And from the list of Apex Predators? Which one takes the cake?

Wikipedia said:

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
1 Man

Bear Grills

he Kills Bears with his own Piss then drinks it

Isgandar

Jun 5, 2011
DrStupid87 said:
I'd say the "Pistol Shrimp".

This murder machine has two very powerful hand cannons that it uses to stun its prey then eat it.
If humans had such hand cannons (built in, not pistols), wars would become very strange.

Behold this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPrGxB1Kzc
Sorry to be a stickler but I think it only has one very powerful hand cannon. I would imagine a puma with some sort of laser canon on it's head would be quite formidable.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Chicken...
seriously, how many people have they killed by being undercooked?
THE HORROR, OH THE HORROR!
:p
Either that or the 50ft spider that lives in the cave under my house.
[sub]i must give sacrifices or he will kill again...[/sub]

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Crocodiles i mean just look at them there like a dragons that have lost their wings and decided to swim.