Greatest RPG Ever.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Xandus117 said:
Knights of the Old Republic. Morrowind is also pretty good though.

Froxin said:
The two I heard most were Final Fantasy VII and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
As awesome as it is, Ocarina of Time is NOT an RPG. Anybody who thinks it is has obvious never played an RPG in their life.
I agree with you on Kotor. It is my favorite RPG of all time so obviously I think it is the greatest RPG ever. Also in my top 3 for best characters in a game.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Fallout 3 and the Pokemon series would be my two favs...

Rickyvantof

May 6, 2009
Fallout 3; best atmosphere ever.
PokƩmon (Gen. II); I just love how you can assemble your own team to fight, and "hunting" for strong PokƩmon.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
Baldur's Gate II.

Don't oppose me. I will invoke the No True Scotsman and I am willing to call upon Godwin's Law to defend this statement to the death.

TO THE DEATH.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Golden Sun anyone? That was one of my first RPGs, and it's still my favorite. Paper Mario: TTYD is also very high on my list. I really need to play Morrowind and Fallout...Dragon Age is fantastic, but it's only impressed me in terms of the extent to which my actions change the story. Pretty much basic fantasy fodder outside of that.

Cryofthewolf

Feb 28, 2008
I never really saw any of the Zelda games as RPG's, but more as puzzle platformers.

My favorite RPG? That would have to be tied between TES: Morrowind and TES: Oblivion. I loved the Morrowing storyline and some of the polished features of Oblivion. Put the games together and you get a masterpiece.

tucci

Jul 9, 2008
In no particular order

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 3(or 6 or whatever they call it these days)
Fallout 3
Persona 4
Morrowind
Final Fantasy 2
Fallout 2
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Mount and Blade

bladeofdarkness

Aug 6, 2009
fallout 3 or dragon age
depending on if you like FPSs or top-down games more
dragon age is probably my choice, since fallout 3 suffers with regards to characters when compared

Crops

Probably more bored than you
Aug 16, 2009
Xenogears

Chrono trigger was a close second, but definately Xenogears.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I dunno there's to many to choose! In all honesty I really can not decide!

rayskyrift

All that is man
Oct 29, 2009
My favorite game, and hence RPG of all time is Suikoden 2. Such a good story. But in terms of "best" even a genre like RPG can be sub-divided. JRPG? Probably the "best" would be FFVI. The "best" Western RPG is most likely Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, or KOTOR.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
Hmm of the top of my head; Fallout 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Gothic, SW:KOTOR, Morrowind, the Witcher and many many more. You can't just list one name and say it's the best RPG ever, the genre is too divers.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Hm...I am not sure. But one of the most epic gaming experiences of my life was ME2. Sure, the game was not without faults. But the whole experience left me breathless. It was fantastic. An imperfect ten.

Others that are similar in quality:

Diablo II (Which might STILL have the best intro sequence ever made, I got chills ALL over the first time I saw it).

Planescape: Torment: Fantastic setting, awesome characters and a story that can make you drool.

Final Fantasy VIII: Sure it was a bit emo, and its probably colored by my late puberty nostalgia but I found it awesome and extremely touching at times. (The space scene was particulary great).

Dragon Age: Origins: Largely due to the STELLAR start story of the dwarven nobles. My dwarf princess was one of the coolest characters I've ever made/played and the backstory just gave her a huge amount of flesh and culture.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Three-way tie between:

-The World Ends with You
-Final Fantasy VII
-Mass Effect