Green Lantern, bad as a movie or bad as an adaption of a comic book?

Leonbow

Jun 16, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
I think that having a ring powered by your imagination is damn ridiculous,
No matter the adaptation you can't make something good out of it.
I don't think the source material is good to begin with.
Don't crucify me.
Please.
Interesting, but you have read it? So that's fair enough sure. Do you like other comic series? What sort of heroes do you like then? I do prefer the fantastical stories myself. Although a good mix is always good. Would you look forward to the Avengers?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Leonbow said:
TheIronRuler said:
I think that having a ring powered by your imagination is damn ridiculous,
No matter the adaptation you can't make something good out of it.
I don't think the source material is good to begin with.
Don't crucify me.
Please.
Interesting, but you have read it? So that's fair enough sure. Do you like other comic series? What sort of heroes do you like then? I do prefer the fantastical stories myself. Although a good mix is always good. Would you look forward to the Avengers?
I fiddled with some editions my friend has, and after reading a few I didn't enjoy them.
bear in mind, comic books are damn rare here. He flew to america and bought over forty different comics while staying there.
I don't enjoy the superhero genre. The reason is that a hero isn't the sole property of the author but the publishing company, meaning that sometimes other authors can pick it up and play with it, jading the character and sometimes making it talk and act out of the intended route.
See Spiderman, Deadpool. I like Spiderman and Deadpool but at some point it becomes such a cluster-f*ck that you can't tell who is wearing a costume and who's a transvestite.
(* Black Panther = FAIL. Overcompensating much?)
I can't find any favorites at the moment that pop into mind.