Groom accidentally kills three relatives at wedding

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Marmooset said:
Of course I'm racist. But I admit it, and I'm trying to better myself rather than attempting to validate my prejudices.
"Better yourself"? Why not just abandon your racist beliefs altogether if you have them? I mean it's not like they are based on much in the way of scientific findings, so why bother yourself with racism at all?

Marmooset said:
Now, no sidestepping. Name your nationality. Otherwise, your argument loses what little weight it holds.
"Sidestepping"? Im not sidestepping, I just find it irrelevant what my nationality is. But I'll humour you, im from sweden. I beg you to find as many instances of irresponsible firings with automatic weapons made by civilians as a "celebratory action" over here. And I sincerely wish you good luck in finding them because you'll certainly need it. :)

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Bigfootmech said:
Uncreative said:
PrinceTyke said:
Housebroken Lunatic said:
FightThePower said:
It's tradition :/
You can't justify something as inanely stupid as blindly firing a lethal weapon into the air with "oh we've done it for years". I don't give a toss how long they've been doing it for, it's an incredibly dumb idea.

Progression > Tradition.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
FightThePower said:
Bigfootmech said:
Uncreative said:
PrinceTyke said:
FightThePower said:
It's tradition :/
You can't justify something as inanely stupid as blindly firing a lethal weapon into the air with "oh we've done it for years". I don't give a toss how long they've been doing it for, it's an incredibly dumb idea.

Progression > Tradition.
Do you stop every person tossing rocks into the water at the seaside or river? No. Could they kill? Yes.

It's all about responsibility. In this case, the individual wasn't responsible enough.

Would you say that the pre arranged marriages of some cultures are a good idea? What you might think of as the norm, others don't. So don't complain when people call you xenophobic when you react in this sort of manner.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Bigfootmech said:
Would you say that the pre arranged marriages of some cultures are a good idea? What you might think of as the norm, others don't. So don't complain when people call you xenophobic when you react in this sort of manner.
You seem to have missed the point.

This has nothing to do with culture or tradition. Nothing to do with nationality. If this same incident happened in any other country, my reaction would be identical -

"What a fucking moron".

Note: Moron. Singular. As in one person, not an entire nation. And considering he was arrested, the Turkish authorities must have thought it wasn't a good idea either.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Marmooset said:
Of course I'm racist. But I admit it, and I'm trying to better myself rather than attempting to validate my prejudices.
"Better yourself"? Why not just abandon your racist beliefs altogether if you have them? I mean it's not like they are based on much in the way of scientific findings, so why bother yourself with racism at all?

Marmooset said:
Now, no sidestepping. Name your nationality. Otherwise, your argument loses what little weight it holds.
"Sidestepping"? Im not sidestepping, I just find it irrelevant what my nationality is. But I'll humour you, im from sweden. I beg you to find as many instances of irresponsible firings with automatic weapons made by civilians as a "celebratory action" over here. And I sincerely wish you good luck in finding them because you'll certainly need it. :)
Do you at all sense the irony here? You're saying something needs to be done about these dangerous islamist countries, and you're telling me to "just say no" to racism like you're freaking Nancy Reagan. And before you wrap it in semantics by saying "it's a religion, not a race," lemme cut into that by saying intolerance is intolerance, it doesn't matter how you define the group you dislike.

The first step to bettering one's self is admission. As Michael Jackson might say, you might want to take a look at the man in a mirror.

Oh, and Sweden, you say? Fine. I'll play. Would suicide be the most Darwinistically stupid act one could do? If so, Sweden better be glad Russia's around to take the title.
Pick your next country.

MachoFern

Jul 20, 2010
Its not really an accident when your shooting a gun at something now is it?
In this case its just stupidity, and a lack of grip on the rifle barrel

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Marmooset said:
Do you at all sense the irony here? You're saying something needs to be done about these dangerous islamist countries, and you're telling me to "just say no" to racism like you're freaking Nancy Reagan. And before you wrap it in semantics by saying "it's a religion, not a race," lemme cut into that by saying intolerance is intolerance, it doesn't matter how you define the group you dislike.
"Intolerance"?

Listen, im not here to sanction military invasions and forcing our western ideals on other countries or anything. However, I do find the smart course of action would be of the turks themselves to put a stop to this irresponsible and retarded behaviour. But they don't. Thus I find them to be morons in general, but that doesn't mean i don't "tolerate" them.

They can shoot eachoter and blow eachother up for all I care as long as they keep their shit in Turkey, so im very much tolerant towards their "ways of life" (regardless of how stupid I might think that they are).

That said, if they are to be allowed into the European Union, they should have to prove themselves worthy of it.

Are you actually trying to convince me that it is "wrong" of me to consider them idiots, when they act like idiots? Would you rather have me try to hold hands with them and kiss their asses all the way if only in order to not come off as "intolerant" in the eyes of people like yourself?

If so I say: Fuck you. I have no need to impress you or making friends with spineless people who prefer to put their heads in the sand.

I say let he turks do whatever they want, but I sure as hell won't be lenient when it comes to pointing out accountability.

Marmooset said:
The first step to bettering one's self is admission. As Michael Jackson might say, you might want to take a look at the man in a mirror.
I do that every day, and I like what I see. Not that im the most handsome fellow around or anything (according to my own opinion that is, since I've found other people to think otherwise), but because of other factors.

And if you feel tha im saying this to rub it in someones face or anything then, too bad for you.

Marmooset said:
Oh, and Sweden, you say? Fine. I'll play. Would suicide be the most Darwinistically stupid act one could do? If so, Sweden better be glad Russia's around to take the title.
Pick your next country.
Suicide doesn't compare. It's a premeditated action to end ones own life. An obvious longshot from adopting a stupid attuide towards the use of firearms.

Like I said, do show me instances where Swedes do similar things to these third world idiots do with assault rifles and in the same magnitude. It would be very interesting to read about...

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
summerof2010 said:
How the hell did he "lose control" long enough to kill 3 and wound 8? that's gotta be at least 11 bullets, so he emptied half the clip into the reception. WTH?
Bullets can go through people (especially assault rifle rounds) and it fires about 10 rounds per second so he only had to lose control for a second

Oh That Dude

Nov 22, 2009
Oh That Dude said:
"They're" As though you're not one of us. Anyway, none of that contradicts equality or "being human", so what you said before was something completely different. Anyhow:
No I didn't say I wasn't human, that's just a silly presumption you make on your own.
You're right, you didn't say it, but you implied it and at from your tone it's clear you feel superior anyway.

The thing that contradicts equality is this bullshit nonsense about "human rights" and that all humans somehow do or should have access to them. Rights only exist for the people who claim them. If they don't, then tough shit.
Go and read the UDHR. Twice.

Oh That Dude said:
When was the last time you tried to get your government to put a stop to something? Seems you have a lot of experience in the matter...
I have some experience in the matter, yes. But that's not the point. The point is that the only viable rason why a government should have any sort of power over the people is in order to SERVE the people as well. If the government doesn't fulfil that duty but still take it upon itself to lord over others it has to be overthrown.
I'm pretty sure no Government in history has ever acted solely to serve the people in their best interests.

My own government hasn't really been able to do much to limit my lifestyle. If it did however, I'd have to rebel against it, as any intelligent civilian should.
Lol, so by your argument, the Turks are stupid because they do this kinda stuff but if the government tries to stop them they are stupid if they don't go the other way and completely disagree and indeed overthrow the government in return.

Oh That Dude said:
Right, so your point is that the Turkish people aren't clever enough to overthrow their fucking government because they haven't yet prevented idiocy and guns mixing. I'm sorry but that argument is full of shit.
Well, opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and they all stink.

Just because you SAY that my argument is "full of shit", it doesn't necessarily make it so. I say, PROVE IT before coming with accusations...
1. Something this small isn't worth overthrowing a government for.
2. This isn't really relevant anyway considering the original statement and my response:

"Turks are as dense as rocks."

"That was xenophobic."

That is a legitimate statement.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
chiefohara said:
and Cameron wants them to join the EU
For bloody good reason too.

OT: A prime example of why gun control is needed.
From what i've been told one of the hidden reasons Cameron wants Turkey in the EU is because the US wants a muslim nation in the EU.

Because the US wants this is one of the hidden reasons that France, Germany etc. doesn't want Turkey in.

I personally dont imagine it happening until the Turkish government changes a whole heap of domestic laws, lives up to the UN declaration and EU interpretation of human rights and admits to the genocide it committed...

Which i say will be a fair while yet.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
DON'T FIRE RANDOMLY INTO THE AIR! IT'S A FUCKING STUPID IDEA!
Best case senario is that you'll have bullets raining down at terminal (A PUN! A PUN!) velocity.