GTA IV made me lose weight?

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
You think GTAIV made you lose weight, try out WoW for a while, I think I gained 10 pounds when I quit.

ear8dmg

May 31, 2008
Rob Sharona said:
So what you're saying is that when you lost weight, you did a lot of exercise and happened to be playing video games at the time, so the reason you slimmed down is because of the video games?

I have a similar story. I lost a lot of weight last year when I joined a gym and did a lot running. I was also wearing a red hat whilst doing this exercise so obviously the reason I lost weight is because I was wearing a hat.
It's not entirely coincidental. Sensible Soccer sparking my interest in football provided motivation that I wouldn't have had in other circumstances. Without that, I honestly think I could have been too big to leave the house by now.

The later instances are a combination of co-incidence and forgetting to eat.

Edit: In other news - I have lost 4 lbs since Saturday and spent precisely no time gaming. There goes the theory...

Wolfdale

Apr 28, 2008
Oh man, the title of this just grabbed my attention like a random nudist running at full speed through my cubicle-crammed work place; interesting, but unexpected to the point where I damn near fell out of my chair!

If it seriously made you lose weight, you must have either a.) forgotten to eat or b.) been eating small portions of food whilst gaming. Unless you have some kind of wasting illness or a colony of tape worms, which I would recommend getting examined...

Vidiot

May 23, 2008
Anyone ever wanted to play games on one of those exercise cycles hooked to a generator, that's hooked to a tv? I've always wanted to see just how much juice it takes to boot up a console like 360 or PS3 in terms of muscle power rather than wattage.