GTA Online Stimulus Not Here Yet

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
GTA Online Stimulus Not Here Yet

Rockstar's trying to fix all its bugs first.

The half-million stimulus package [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128609-Rockstar-Creates-GTA-Online-500k-In-Game-Stimulus-Package] to help get Grand Theft Auto Online players back on their feet has yet to arrive. "Stay tuned," is all Rockstar's prepared to say at the moment, as it's trying to get Online's bugs under control before it starts handing out the cash.

The funds should appear automatically as soon as the stimulus rolls out. Rockstar had hoped to get the first installment out by the end of this week, but the deadline's looming and no announcement has been made yet. Update 1.04 is rolling out on Xbox Live; perhaps after the update takes effect, there'll be a cash influx. Your lost character and ranks still aren't coming back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128650-Rockstar-Missing-GTA-Online-Characters-Are-Gone-Forever], so hopefully the cash will ease the pain.

There should be a Rockstar Newswire alert as soon as the update is complete, at which point the stimulus package should be delivered. Here's hoping!

Source: OXM [http://www.oxm.co.uk/64412/gta-5-update-104-begins-roll-out-on-xbox-360-no-sign-of-free-gta-online-money-yet/]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If they're waiting to fix all the bugs first, I'm very likely going to be level 100 before then.

And have the best apartment and vehicles.

And have retired from the game.

Skrimmy

Jul 1, 2013
I hate it when companies set deadlines for themselves and can't deliver. There is something to be said, however, about them wanting to fix the bugs first before handing out the dough. There'd be no point if the 500K just poofed away too.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
There is a rockstar comment on the article about the latest patch:

" Hey guys, in regards to questions about the first deposit of GTA$. We're aiming to make the first deposit of $250,000 in all players accounts early next week once we've confirmed that any remaining game progress issues have been fixed for the community in this latest title update. Thanks for understanding and stay tuned to the Newswire for more details. "

So yeah, they're wanting to fix the bugs first. Which I can respect. <3

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
And then there is the stealth change they choose not to mention in their patch notes. The one where you now only get 50% of payment for a mission if you've completed it before.

If you're unfamiliar with the game, if you want to do the co-op element you're in for a lot of repeated missions as there are entire level gaps with very few unique missions. This change has made some of the harder missions a complete waste of time since your reward for a long hard mission, with various stages and some trying gameplay, will be less than that of knocking off a 7/11 if you have done it before.

Especially feel for any newer players who are not into competitive gameplay modes. Those starting missions were already ridiculous for the payout they gave and had to be repeated a lot to power past those opening levels. And now they will give half that tiny amount.

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
Skrimmy said:
I hate it when companies set deadlines for themselves and can't deliver. There is something to be said, however, about them wanting to fix the bugs first before handing out the dough. There'd be no point if the 500K just poofed away too.
But then they couldn't they just give out the money again? I really don't see the problem with giving it out now

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Elijin said:
And then there is the stealth change they choose not to mention in their patch notes. The one where you now only get 50% of payment for a mission if you've completed it before.
It's absolutely ridiculous, it just shows to me that R* are being money grabbing wankers giving the game much more of a pay to win feel.
It also makes no sense that they are now punishing those that do missions for money... rather than the many cheap tactics, glitches and exploits in the game. If the mission variety wasn't appalling I could maybe understand because then at least it wouldn't feel like a grind.