GTA V Ending Discussion (Obvious Spoilers)

Jul 10, 2013
Which ending did you choose?

Among my friends, we all chose the 3rd Option (Kill everyone who wronged you) except one who chose to kill Trevor. I want to know what everyone else did.

For the record, I don't think that Ending A or B are the canon endings. They are too...unresolved. Ending B is straight up depressing considering that Micheal has a family, and all the villains get away with they're lives in Endings A and B.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
TheScottishMexican42 said:

Among my friends, we all chose the 3rd Option (Kill everyone who wronged you) except one who chose to kill Trevor. I want to know what everyone else did.

For the record, I don't think that Ending A or B are the canon endings. They are too...unresolved. Ending B is straight up depressing considering that Micheal has a family, and all the villains get away with they're lives in Endings A and B.
Death Wish has all sides marked for death.

Jul 10, 2013
gyrobot said:

What do you mean?

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
the hidden eagle said:
gyrobot said:

What do you mean?
He means all three characters will have everyone gunning for them now.
Well, the only positive is that Merriweather decides to actually THANK Michael, and Dave basically goes away. I can see the Chinese coming after him, and if the feds don't know he killed Steve and Devin (I can see Dave covering this up somehow), he's scot free apart from the Chinese.

Trevor only had the feds and the Chinese after him, perhaps Madrazo, but he seemed terrified of Trevor after the mission where he returned his wife.

Franklin really only has to worry about the Chinese (What with killing the leader), and the Ballas, since he got Stretch killed.

So... All three might have to answer to the Chinese, and Franklin may have to worry about the Ballas. they're in a LOT less shit than before, I think.

If I had to choose between Mike or Trevor, I would probably have to take out Trevor. Not only does he share a scary likeness to my stepdad (give him a mustache and the mullet cut, and remove all his tattoos, and it's a VERY uncanny likeness), but he is probably the more dangerous of the two. I'll have to replay the final mission again.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I chose the third one, which not only did I think was a more satisfying conclusion, but Having all three characters hold their ground against an army of both Mariweathers and FIBs, and then have them go after the men that wronged them is pretty badass.

Also, I didn't want to kill either Michael or Trevor, because not only did I like both of them, but that would also mean that 3.33% of the game's content would be gone. I'd be losing more then I'd be gaining, although I haven't played either of those options so I don't know if that's true.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The third ending. I would prefer to go out in a blaze of glory rather in killing one of my friends (But everyone who did that ending knows what happens).

The third option has that climax too, but I did think it kinda ended weakly.
As everyone else is say, other people might come after them, but remember that Rockstar isn't done with the game and probably will have many expansions to add on. :D
(Although I don't know if we will play as another trio ... I doubt it)

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
I went with the 3rd option thinking it would condemn Franklin instead of the other two. Instead it gets them all off Scott free, which left me wondering why anyone would choose the other options. Personally I think things where wrapped up much too neatly in a very short space of time.

All in all I'd say the game had 3 very well written characters with great dialogue in a pointless story with too many threads and poor pacing. I was very much with it for the first 2 thirds but by the last act I was left thinking what the point of it all was. Was it just to make these guys richer? No one really progressed substantially, by the end they're left pretty much where they started as people, apart from Franklin maybe.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I chose the 3rd option as well. It was okay but I felt like everything was horribly paced. Stretch and the Triad should've played a bigger role in this game or at least should have had more missions involving them. I've never even seen the Triad boss! The fact that you kill all loose ends so quickly in one mission makes everything feel horribly rushed. I was left feeling like I missed out on a lot more than I did. Then there's the epilogue mission involving Trevor's mother who just leaves again making you feel like shit just like Trevor.

I'm just hoping the online is where the real meat of the game will be even though I have no idea how it will play out.

Treaos Serrare

Aug 19, 2009
I was kind of hoping I would get to torture that rich prick,I really hated that guy. I chose option C as well, obviously, I liked Michale and Trevor they were both opposite sides of the same coin in criminal terms

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I thought there'd be some kind of sacrifice for choosing the third ending, like Franklin would die or something. But it just results in a shoot-out followed by pushing a car down a cliff. The end.

Seeing as option A and B meant killing either Michael or Trevor, you'd think there'd be a catch to option C. But since there isn't, why even have the option? Atleast GTA4 had two endings condeming one of two people close to Nico to death. Now we just have a game that ends with the status quo. No real reason for returning to it, since there's no point to anything that happens in the story.

But then Rockstar never had a good track record with satisfying endings, except for Bully.

jowell24

Jun 13, 2010
Chose the "Death Wish" mainly because I don't want to lose out on that completion and I'd hate to be barred from playing one of the characters post game but I still made a save to play the other two options. Killing Michael was a bit sad but mehh, however I really felt bad for trevor when killing him.

Should note to those who haven't tried the other options but Franklin can die instead in one of them.

EPICGunner

Mar 26, 2011
I chose "C" mostly because I had become attached to the characters and also the endings seem to say something about Franklin as a person, I'm still trying to process it though and I will agree that the ending could of been paced better.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
They called option C "Death Wish"
Who on earth WOULDN'T pick that one, amirite?
Anyway, by this point in the game, Michael pissed me off, but not enough to want to kill him, and Trevor was still terrifying, but strangely sympathetic. I'm glad I spared them. Plus their after-ending banter whenever you have them hang out is worth it.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
What happens if you choose another option other than C surely youve just lost a load of content if you do that

purplemonkey555

Aug 23, 2013
I actually sat there for a good fie minutes wondering if picking C would get Franklin killed. That's the one I ended up going with in the end, but I made sure to save just in case. Not because I would be upset with Franklin dying (even though I would), but because I didn't want to miss out on all of his missions.

Off topic: Tried replaying mission C like 12 times trying to get a gold medal (If you die or fail it won't save your time or accuracy). Finally beat it, while also doing all the special requirements, only to have missed the time by 21 seconds. :mad:

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
I chose to kill Trevor because I'd heard somewhere that one of the endings involved Trevor kicking Michael's head in. That was wrong obviously (must've gotten him mixed up with the biker or the guy who said it was wrong/lying) but even still, Trevor was a psycho and had to go IMO.
Then something weird happened, Trevor called me out on what I was doing and I felt pretty bad. Trevor was denied his dream job of flying in the Army and then falls into a life of crime, a life where his friends either sell him out, cut him loose or die. He's nothing but loyal and honest to his friends and they repay him by killing him. They don't even seem too shaken up about it either. And it's all to save the life of some miserable alcoholic sleazebag who betrays and uses his friends.
Course if I'd known what the third option was I'd have picked that since it seems to tie up the story much better.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
I did both A and C in that order, and found the latter to be much more fully realized. Gameplay-wise, there's not a hell of a lot to Choice A: you chase Trevor around for a while until he drives into a cutscene, then BBQ his balls as he throws his last defiant curses at you. A fitting and rewardingly bleak end, but a little undercooked (pun intended). In contrast, C was a bit too pat for my liking. Two of the four hits on the gang's enemies are laughably easy and everybody's getting along a little too well at the end. That said, the Steve Haines hit was fairly satisfying.

(Edited to expand on content).

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
purplemonkey555 said:
You know you can gold a mission by just doing one thing a time? Like say 2 objectives for a mission are "get 25 head shots" and "complete in 1 minute", play it once and get the head shots then play it again speed run style.

On topic. I figured it would be Micheal dies, Trevor dies or Franklin dies but wasn't sure so even though I like Franklin, I picked C and I know it's the canon ending. I think Trevor is a fucking awful character but I wanted all 3 guys alive.