GTA V re-release on next gen consoles to cost $75

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Is RDR2 Online pay to win like GTA V?

I don't have RDR2 because I found the controls on PS4 to be awful. Sold my copy after a few hours with the intention of one day getting it on PC. Figured my mouse and keyboard would make it a little better.
Yes it is.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Is RDR2 Online pay to win like GTA V?

I don't have RDR2 because I found the controls on PS4 to be awful. Sold my copy after a few hours with the intention of one day getting it on PC. Figured my mouse and keyboard would make it a little better.
I have it on PC too but haven’t played much. Still in the first chapter. It runs surprisingly well (GTX 1070 8GB), and I have most settings at Ultra with only shadows at Medium and other things like reflections and draw distances pared back a bit. I think I’m using only FXAA too, so that helps. If I play any more it’ll probably be in first person mode because that seems to fit PC play better.

Yes it is.
It not nearly as bad as GTAV though.

Plus the community is like night and day difference.

I commented on it in the other thread not too long ago, so basically that, plus this.

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Well that sure is a shitty thing to do.

Im curious as to what they do to GTA5 that they feel justifies the price hike, but I would be surprised if it was much more than a bump to 4K on consoles, and maybe ray-tracing.

ZCAB

Jan 15, 2013
Country
Netherlands
The shop page shown in the tweet is from the Dutch branch of a multinational retailer from Germany, but the other national branches of the same company do not even list next-gen versions of GTA V, let alone at €75. On top of that, I can only find one other retailer where it's priced at €75 (also Dutch), and a third where it's €70 (Dutch yet again). I can't find any other shops in or outside of the Netherlands that even mention a price for next-gen GTA V, nor any other mention of prices for the game outside of the tweet and the video in the OP that discusses it.

I'm not saying the game won't be $75, and there may be other sources I've missed, but I'm going to need more than the three Dutch web shops, one random twitterer and one youtuber I did find to be convinced this is true.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The shop page shown in the tweet is from the Dutch branch of a multinational retailer from Germany, but the other national branches of the same company do not even list next-gen versions of GTA V, let alone at €75. On top of that, I can only find one other retailer where it's priced at €75 (also Dutch), and a third where it's €70 (Dutch yet again). I can't find any other shops in or outside of the Netherlands that even mention a price for next-gen GTA V, nor any other mention of prices for the game outside of the tweet and the video in the OP that discusses it.

I'm not saying the game won't be $75, and there may be other sources I've missed, but I'm going to need more than the three Dutch web shops, one random twitterer and one youtuber I did find to be convinced this is true.
It might indeed be wrong. It is telling that nobody really doubts this because it's exactly the kind of greedy shit the industry is so fond of. Rockstar along with Activision/EA/UBISOFT/ETC have all been deep in this, Rockstar in particular because of it's Shark Cards for GTAO and Gold Bars in RDO.

Reactions: BrawlMan

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
It might indeed be wrong. It is telling that nobody really doubts this because it's exactly the kind of greedy shit the industry is so fond of. Rockstar along with Activision/EA/UBISOFT/ETC have all been deep in this, Rockstar in particular because of it's Shark Cards for GTAO and Gold Bars in RDO.
Like the Gorilla Channel. Whether it's true or false doesn't matter as much as the fact that it's in question at all.

OT: I already own two copies of GTA5 and one of those is on PC, meaning that if I want to play it with super-texture mods and the like, I can do that already without paying any extra for a game I don't even like that much.