GTA V Trailer Offers A Look at Antihero Trio

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Mcoffey said:
this isn't a very informative trailer in regards to visuals and gameplay because there's simply no way in hell this was shot on an Xbox. I wish Devs would stop doing that. We're not that stupid.
Well, it could have only been on an xbox or a PS3; as there is no PC port on launch. Since the visual fidelity gap between the 360 and PS3 is very slight, one can assume that the game on xbox will look like this. Also, on most trailers, there is a disclaimer saying something along the lines of "Images taken ingame from PC, this is not representative of console versions".

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
As good as that trailer looked on many levels (mainly it seems like things have gone back to the more silly tone of the pre-GTA IV games, hey I still like IV but more silly is VERY good) I can't help but say... Was- was that an Aston Martin DB5 (or the fake in-game version at any rate) ??? I can finally accurately do what I always do in GTA and pretend I'm James Bond??? I love you Rockstar! More than words can say!!

Captcha: new york city
No captcha, that was the last one. Silly captcha.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but I'll still be disappointed if they don't bring back JETPACKS!

The Great Purtabo

Aug 16, 2010
Mcoffey said:
The Great Purtabo said:
Mcoffey said:
this isn't a very informative trailer in regards to visuals and gameplay because there's simply no way in hell this was shot on an Xbox. I wish Devs would stop doing that. We're not that stupid.
Well, it could have only been on an xbox or a PS3; as there is no PC port on launch. Since the visual fidelity gap between the 360 and PS3 is very slight, one can assume that the game on xbox will look like this. Also, on most trailers, there is a disclaimer saying something along the lines of "Images taken ingame from PC, this is not representative of console versions".
Not necessarily. Just look at most of the stuff they demo at E3, which were being run on PCs. They were console games. I dont doubt that it will look nice, but stuff like this is just misleading.
You may be right in regards to games which are actually released on PC, but we are talking about this specific game. The games that don't have PC ports do not use PC to display the game because it doesn't run in an optimized manner on PC. I will concede if you list some examples of console exclusives run on PC's at shows; but I do not believe there are any.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Vie said:
Watch the bit between 0.50 to 0.53, what's the car?

It's a GTA version of an Aston Martin DB5.

Just for that, ignoring how much I enjoyed the rest of that trailer, I know I'm going to love this game.
San Andreas had a Jaguar E-Type called a Windsor. I bet it's GTAV's version of that.

OT: Seriously looking forward to this. Been waiting for that trailer for way too long.

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Guys, no one is gonna mention the DOGS!?

Better add some text just in case. I loved the trailer, seems like everyone forgets that GTA IV was fun, what it wasn't was Outlandish like San Andreas were.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
Looks pretty entertaining, a little crazier like the older games. Anyone remember "Damnation! No Donation, No Salvation!" or "Shotgun!"??

Anyways, I hope R* decides to release this title on PC. RDR was fucking genius, I'm glad I had a chance to play through it on a buddy's 360. PC players who haven't missed out big time.

Very nice lighting effects too...textures are muddy as shit though.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Earthfield said:
Seems like everyone forgets that GTA IV was fun...
Because GTA4 is old hat, we're all hipster now, and this is the next big thing.
Perhaps the irony in that is too much for you.

Don't worry, though, everyone late to the party will be sure to know how we were there first and got over it once the plebs showed up.

~Oh yeah...

"grandpa hat"

pretzil

Jan 30, 2010
They need to make a GTA game where you can play as Mike Ehrmantraut from breaking bad...
I would play the shit out of that game!

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I wonder if we'll be able to change clothes on any of them.
Not a big fan of walking around as a Johnny Knoxville clone in a dirty Andrew W.K. tee.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I'm just glad that all three of our protagonists don't seem anywhere near as depressing as Niko was. He was one of the reasons that GTA 4 felt so fucking depressing, he never had any kind of fun at all.

But I will admit that I'm a little disappointed that with three protagonists we still don't have a playable female lead in GTA, oh well, I can live.

AND OMG FFTATKFASD PLANES ARE BACK!