GTA V Trailer Offers A Look at Antihero Trio

Feb 22, 2009
SO, SO EXCITED

*asplodes*

This is only the second trailer and I am already absolutely certain this will be my favourite game ever. Holy shit.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I love almost every game rockstar has ever made and now this I was goinig to buy anyhow but now... just take my money damnit! Looks great and cannot wait :)

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Was that a... a... a DOG? It was! Now I'm even more excited for the game than I was before.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
THERES FUCKING DOGS IN GTAV???!?!?!?! This game just went up on my list from Insta buy to Super Insta Buy.

Also Im loving the idea of having three protagonists, it could add an interesting twist to things

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
GTwander said:
Because GTA4 is old hat, we're all hipster now, and this is the next big thing.
Perhaps the irony in that is too much for you.

Don't worry, though, everyone late to the party will be sure to know how we were there first and got over it once the plebs showed up.

~Oh yeah...

"grandpa hat"
ROFL. I thought it was fun back then it is fun now, old or new. People accusing it of being too gritty missed a lot of fun moments the game had.

I see this one is going in the same direction, not a bad call, if you ask me. But we will have to wait until its release.

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
carnt wait for this GTA:SA was my fav of the lot. I hope they dont mess up the music.
Also wonder if area 51 will be in there and some of them cool side quest Chase the cock.
Hope the PC port will eb good and chopper flying is fixed. didnt see any motor bikes or BMX's that where in SA. Hope they in there they always a fun.
hope there plenty of references to other GTA games with the people i wonder Who they will get for voice acting.

cannot wait. Not gonna pre order not falling for that again

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Omega500 said:
carnt wait for this GTA:SA was my fav of the lot. I hope they dont mess up the music.
Also wonder if area 51 will be in there and some of them cool side quest Chase the cock.
Hope the PC port will eb good and chopper flying is fixed. didnt see any motor bikes or BMX's that where in SA. Hope they in there they always a fun.
hope there plenty of references to other GTA games with the people i wonder Who they will get for voice acting.

cannot wait. Not gonna pre order not falling for that again
Beat The Cock you mean...oh Rockstar, you play with words so funny....

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Mcoffey said:
The Great Purtabo said:
Mcoffey said:
The Great Purtabo said:
Mcoffey said:
this isn't a very informative trailer in regards to visuals and gameplay because there's simply no way in hell this was shot on an Xbox. I wish Devs would stop doing that. We're not that stupid.
Well, it could have only been on an xbox or a PS3; as there is no PC port on launch. Since the visual fidelity gap between the 360 and PS3 is very slight, one can assume that the game on xbox will look like this. Also, on most trailers, there is a disclaimer saying something along the lines of "Images taken ingame from PC, this is not representative of console versions".
Not necessarily. Just look at most of the stuff they demo at E3, which were being run on PCs. They were console games. I dont doubt that it will look nice, but stuff like this is just misleading.
You may be right in regards to games which are actually released on PC, but we are talking about this specific game. The games that don't have PC ports do not use PC to display the game because it doesn't run in an optimized manner on PC. I will concede if you list some examples of console exclusives run on PC's at shows; but I do not believe there are any.
That's a good point. However the game is being built on computers; it's not too hard to imagine them prettying up some sections with higher res textures and 60 fps for the trailers. It gets even easier when we consider that a PC port is likely, considering every game they've developed has been ported to the PC eventually.

Still though, you may be right. Goodness knows I've been wrong before.
It is entirely plausible and possible to demo a console exclusive game in a PC. PC hardware > Console hardware, and the argument of not being optimized for PC doesnt hold. In fact, its quite the opposite. Something as optimized as console games run even better on a PC, and regardless, youre building them on a pc, of course you can test it and run it there(hell in the case of the xbox they have the same framework so you barely need an emulator for it)

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
1nfinite_Cros5 said:
Am I the only one who noticed this?
What's funny is that what little we've seen of the characters so far matches up with those positions. Trevor is a stereotypical psychopath who sees nothing wrong with what he does, Mr Family Man is probably trying to avoid his life and his son (can't hear anything) and the black guy looks likable so far, but clearly his words and his actions don't always match up if we're to believe his female friend.

Subtle imagery is great.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Looks like they understand what was missing GTA IV, but I won't get it if they don't make a proper PC version this time, because I can wait for Saints Row 4 if they won't.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
AlwaysPractical said:
Looks like it'll be more like GTA IV, but with more charm. And thank god for some more colour.

And please please please make a proper PC port.
That hopefully isn't delayed by eight months like GTA IV was. I must admit I am kind worried that GTA V won't have a PC port and will be console only. It does give me more incentive to get a PS3.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
dancinginfernal said:
A psychopath, a snitch, and an ex-con walk into a bar...

denseWorm said:
One thing...

Hilariously bad voice acting.
A GTA staple.
WTF ? Lost and Damned had grat voice acting, so did The Ballad . GTA IV used accents but once you get used to it, you can feel the emotion that the narrative was going for .

bimon_1234567

Mar 15, 2012
The big sign at about 00:26, is that supposed to be a joke about American beer / Budweiser?

Because the word is (almost) German for "piss water".

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Balkan said:
dancinginfernal said:
A psychopath, a snitch, and an ex-con walk into a bar...

denseWorm said:
One thing...

Hilariously bad voice acting.
A GTA staple.
WTF ? Lost and Damned had grat voice acting, so did The Ballad . GTA IV used accents but once you get used to it, you can feel the emotion that the narrative was going for .
Not entirely what I meant, Rockstar has the habit of hiring amazing voice actors, but there's always that one guy who is so bad that his selection has to have been intentional.