Guild Wars 2 BETA!!! (A real one, for once)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
https://beta.guildwars2.com/

Are you excited? I'm excited, and I don't have access to my PC for the next month. So I can't actually do this.

*sad panda*

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I guess I'll sign up. Seems alright from what I've seen so far.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
There aren't any words for exactly how depressed I am that my PC is in storage for the next month.

[sub]REALLY, REALLY, REALLY annoyed -_-[/sub]

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
This one guy said:
Why do they need to scan my computer?

Probably to check that you can run it/to collect system stats like Steam

There's a 99.9999999% chance that it isn't malicious. This is the game franchise that gave everyone God Mode for a year.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This one guy said:
Why do they need to scan my computer?
To see if your computer spec can run the game. You don't think it will run for anytype of computers do you? (Well in a perfect world.)

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
This one guy said:
Yes well this computer obviously cant run it, but I'll be getting a new one soon but by then it could be too late.

Yeah but then you'll be able to play the actual game :p

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Scarim Coral said:
To see if your computer spec can run the game. You don't think it will run for anytime of computers do you? (Well in a perfect world.)
Actually, I'd hazard a guess that it has more to do with them wanting to get a wider range of systems, software/patches/drivers and components for their beta.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ohhh myyyyyyyyy goooooooood.

If I get into the beta I will be really happy.

I am now gonna be looking at my inbox every day like a hawk. Thank you OP, you are probably going to ruin my life.

...yeah I was a big fan of guild wars, and from what I've seen, GW2 is just plain better than the original.

GrandmaFunk

Oct 19, 2009
this will probably be spread out over several beta event weekends like the one held for the press last weekend.

and ya, the scan is so that they can spread out the test across as many system specs as possible

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Signed up. If only in the hopes that I can confirm my almost-certainty that this is just another massively overhyped game that is bound to dissapoint.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG!!

PLEAZE (non exsistent) GOD, let me get in in this one.

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Signed up as well. Really hope I can get in because all I want to do is see how WvW works and if it works on my mid-range PC.

Also from the vids [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.351584-Guild-Wars-2-Press-Beta-Loads-of-Gameplay-Videos], the game really looks fun to play.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
This is great news! Guild Wars 2 is one of my most anticipated games this year. Just signed up, hope I'll get in but I guess that a lot of people have signed and we don't know how many they're going to accept.
Still, I'll keep hoping. :D

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I signed up! Didn't play the first, but I have liked what I have seen so far. Hope it keeps me interested longer than ToR did.