Guild Wars 2 May Be The End Of The Franchise

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Thyunda said:
Duuuude the only class I can't nail in PvP is a damn thief. I play an engineer, and between my tornado assaults (bust the gate open with battering rams and then Elixir X it into the courtyard. Defenders get thrown across the courtyard before they even have a chance to react) and my shield, nobody can take me one on one.

With one exception.

This bastard thief who just materialised behind me every time I killed an opponent. Stabbed in the back, dead. Every goddamn time. He even hung around waiting for my partner to get too far away, then showed up again. DX
Never said Thief was bad in PVP, it's where they are the best. They just generally suck in PVE content, as all melee that aren't Warrior/Guardian tend to get stomped on, meaning they either go boring ass Pistol/Pistol or Shortbows, which are both utility roles instead of dps. In PVP Thief can go Dagger/Pistol, Dagger/Dagger, or Sword/Pistol and completely destroy anyone in a 1v1 fight.

Also keep in mind that Engineer is widely agreed on to be the weakest class by a fairly large margin right now. Necro being not far behind, as both only really excel at one thing, not dying quickly. (Which is why you should still win 1v1 on both, except against Thieves)

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Jennacide said:
Thyunda said:
Duuuude the only class I can't nail in PvP is a damn thief. I play an engineer, and between my tornado assaults (bust the gate open with battering rams and then Elixir X it into the courtyard. Defenders get thrown across the courtyard before they even have a chance to react) and my shield, nobody can take me one on one.

With one exception.

This bastard thief who just materialised behind me every time I killed an opponent. Stabbed in the back, dead. Every goddamn time. He even hung around waiting for my partner to get too far away, then showed up again. DX
Never said Thief was bad in PVP, it's where they are the best. They just generally suck in PVE content, as all melee that aren't Warrior/Guardian tend to get stomped on, meaning they either go boring ass Pistol/Pistol or Shortbows, which are both utility roles instead of dps. In PVP Thief can go Dagger/Pistol, Dagger/Dagger, or Sword/Pistol and completely destroy anyone in a 1v1 fight.

Also keep in mind that Engineer is widely agreed on to be the weakest class by a fairly large margin right now. Necro being not far behind, as both only really excel at one thing, not dying quickly. (Which is why you should still win 1v1 on both, except against Thieves)
Oh you just inflate my already oversized ego. When I was lv65 I had to rescue my lv80 friend from a load of jungle trolls - in that area where there are sugar pumpkins and an oversized champion troll. But if I'm bossing it with the weakest class. Well.

Baha.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:
How long that might last is anyone's guess,
EVE Online uses this model and has lasted 10 years, while there are "expansions" they are effectively large free patches which update or add content. There has been no EVE II or anything and no paid expansions, they continually improve whats already there.

So its plausible Guild Wars could do it too.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Thyunda said:
Oh you just inflate my already oversized ego. When I was lv65 I had to rescue my lv80 friend from a load of jungle trolls - in that area where there are sugar pumpkins and an oversized champion troll. But if I'm bossing it with the weakest class. Well.

Baha.
Like I said, they're great at not dying. ;) I had done similiar stuff on my necro, but when I changed to Warrior I really saw the difference in power. On necro I could take a small group of mobs, but it would take a while to kill them. On warrior, I actively piss off as much stuff as I can, spin through them, turn around and hit 2. Everything then dies about instantly. Hundred Blades OP.