Guillermo del Toro F**king Loves Videogames

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
JeanLuc761 said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
"Oh thanks grandma! I fucking love cookies!"
Is it odd that I read that in an Irish accent?
Yes and racist. My 2 irish aquientaces would be very mildly offended : P. Actually when i had typed it i thought it in an irish accent as well.
Nah don't worry about it! I'm not offended by it at all, (cocks rifle) honest!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Bravo! Mr. Del Toro is a great director, and hopefully he will prove to be a great game developer as well. I'll definitely keep an eye out for his game.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Fantastic! Great respect points for the man for been so outspoken!

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
As ever, Mr Del Toro proves he is on the right side. He also gains +1D10 respect from me. And that, ladies and gentleman, is quite a lot.

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
i love del toro, pans labyrinth is fantastic and i hate that some people just wont watch it because its subtitled

plunderbunny

Sep 6, 2008
Love his films; he's an interesting guy. I'm very curious about the kind of games he might create.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
One of the better directors of our time adores video games? Ya don't say.

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. I doubt anyone with his kind of visual direction (which is damned brilliant, by the by) would have a distate for games.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Hey, you'll bound to find people that play and love videogame as much as haters.

Worgen said:
suddenly I have high hopes for this game that he is making
Still, he's a movie director and not a game creator. It's like asking a Fighter Jet pilot to take care of a Seven Eleven. I'll pass on his game.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
He likes shooters and his movies are so rich in detail: I would love to see Bethesda hand him the GECK and ask him to make another Fallout 3 spinoff a-la New Vegas but of whatever city he wants.
He's already tight with Ron Perlman.

Also, this is what I've been saying for years: that the backlash against video games is just like the backlash against any popular pastime of the youth of the day: heavy metal, D&D, rock n roll, comics, Jazz, literature... and the list goes all the way back to Socrates who was forced into exile/suicide for corrupting the youth.
It all comes down to parents and authority figures looking for any excuse so they don't have to blame themselves when a young person does something harsh.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Prof. Monkeypox said:
He's a bit too eager, maybe, but I really like his enthusiasm. Plus, he's made some great films.

Good luck del Toro! The people of the escapist support your endeavor (I'm assuming).
Your god damn mother fucking right! See, now I'm swearing like crazy now.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
man..what a fuck'n awesome guy. I hope his video game endeavors go well. I have no doubt that they will. He is an awesome director, he understands movies and he understands gaming as not just entertainment but art as well. All the luck to him. Del Toro fuck'n Kicks Ass!! I have nothing but the highest respects for him...the absolute highest.