Guilty Gaming Pleasures

xerofayte

Apr 15, 2009
PaRappa the Rapper. I go back to it once and a while... and everyone looks at me like this o_O

B4D 9R4MM3R

May 15, 2008
[sup]Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky...[/sup]

So, yeah... [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SoYeah]

claw38

Jan 27, 2010
Paulie92 said:
claw38 said:
(For example, I'll admit, I like one or two Attack! Attack! songs, even though they're quite awful)
Dear god son have you no soul? My guilty pleasure would have to be Spartan Total Warrior
haha I don't think I have one anymore for publicly admitting I like a few of their songs.

And I didn't expect to see Fable 2 up here this much..I liked it a lot..crap..that's probably why it's a guilty pleasure =O

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Games I enjoy and have no problem admitting I enjoy even though everyone hates them

Cod 3
Cod 5
Fable 2
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Smackdown Vs Raw(whatever version, I buy them every 2 years)
Skate 1
Skate 2
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Saints Row
Saints Row 2
Sonic Heroes

I seriously love the used games pile, the gems you can find for little to no money are amazing. I found Bayonetta for 20 euro preowned last week, was cheap because the disc was a bit shit but it plays fine.

tklivory

Oct 20, 2008
My guilty pleasure is Prince of Persia 2008. I just love the art style. I even got the DLC. I also love playing with the skins (especially the Altair skin)

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
somelameshite said:
Maplestory >.<

It started out as just a source of income, level up accounts, sell accounts, make lots of money... but after some time I realized I was actually having fun with it
huuuuray im not the only one addicted.

claw38 said:
Same with the old school Pokemon games for the old school Gameboy. Many people I know tell me how stupid they are, but I can't ever stop loving them.
dude, EVERYONE i know loves the older pokemon games.ur not alone.

OT:Harvest moon is my guilty pleasure. everyone is like "OMG,all u you do is farm how is that fun?!?!?lolzhax."(dramatization)
but i love them anyway, and most other farmlike games, another example would be Innocent Life.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
The Rascal King said:
Dynasty Warriors 3. It's just so mindlessly fun!

Also, I still like playing music games even though they're about as dead as disco
Disco isn't dead listen to the Gorillaz new album Plastic Beach it is influenced very heavily by disco...

OT:My guilty pleasure is E.T.for the Atari 2600 but seriously it has to be Kingdom Hearts playing Jrpgs in front of your foamy mouth Xbox owning friend is awkward but when it has colorful disney characters it just gets embarrassing...

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
My guilty pleasure is the Harvest Moon series. I just find them so fun, but many of my friends don't get the point.

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
9NineBreaker9 said:
Koganesaga said:
Nobody I knew liked Patapon outside maybe one or two people, but I loved it, it was the first rhythm game I liked, and is still the only one I like.
I love Patapon! And Patapon 2! I want to hit my friend for not liking it (though his reasons are entirely valid) and everyone else for not playing it.
Pata pata pata PON! :3
My favorite dance to do: pata pon don chaka just because it's called (something) of 1999
Favorite combat dance: don don chaka chaka, because there is nothing more useful that just outright jumping over all your opponents attacks
I hope they make a third.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
Sronpop said:
Games I enjoy and have no problem admitting I enjoy even though everyone hates them

Saints Row
Saints Row 2
People hate Saints Row?!?!?! Even more bizarre people hate Saints Row 2!?!? Those games particularily 2 have had some of the best single and co-op gaming moments for me. Honestly where else can you take out an asain gang warlord dressed as a hotdog?

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Paulie92 said:
Sronpop said:

Saints Row
Saints Row 2
People hate Saints Row?!?!?! Even more bizarre people hate Saints Row 2!?!? Those games particularily 2 have had some of the best single and co-op gaming moments for me. Honestly where else can you take out an asain gang warlord dressed as a hotdog?
I know!!! Severely overlooked/bashed for no reason games. They were unfairly labeled gta rip offs, and so people played them like a gta game(aka a fun action game with a very serious narritive) leading to an ok but underwhelming gaming experience for many. When really you should be playing it as over the top as possible just to see the possibilities. When you do that they become a blast and a lot more 'fun' than most gta games.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
Custom Robo for Gamecube, Robot Alchemic Drive for PS2, and the apparently heretical Team Fortress 2 on PS3.

Admittedly, the first two are less "guilty pleasures" than "pleasures I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who's ever heard of".

Okay, you want my real guilty pleasure? (Don't tell anyone!) Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007. (Although that's not because the '07 game is great and more because it's the most recent one I own.)

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
Sronpop said:
Paulie92 said:
Sronpop said:

Saints Row
Saints Row 2
I know!!! Severely overlooked/bashed for no reason games. They were unfairly labeled gta rip offs, and so people played them like a gta game(aka a fun action game with a very serious narritive) leading to an ok but underwhelming gaming experience for many. When really you should be playing it as over the top as possible just to see the possibilities. When you do that they become a blast and a lot more 'fun' than most gta games.
After GTA IV I switched to saints row because the gameplay is more fun and the story isn't so obsessed with being nitty gritty and emotional. My favourite GTA game was Vice City Tommy Vercetti for the win!

edthehyena

Oct 26, 2009
I loved Yoshi's Story. I've played it several times.

I don't even consider pokemon a guilty pleasure. I'm playing Heart Gold right now, and I'm playing openly. I even carry my pokewalker around.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Operation Desert Storm for xbox, damn it was bad looking back on it but I had a ton of pun playing 4 player co-op, oh also Gauntlet 64 for the same reason

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Fable and Final Fantasy X-2 are my guilty pleasures. I feel like such a stereotypical "girl gamer" for the latter, but it's a genuinely fun and light-hearted game.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I like playing "Lips" alone.

That's right. I play a karaoke game sober. And alone.
You do that in your own home? Wimp. I rented a karaoke room once, by myself and sober. The hotel people looked kind of confused.

...I seriously wish that was a joke.