Guilty Gear Strive

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Been grinding the beta super hard, made it to the 15th spot in the celestial lobby win rate with Chipp who people said was weak. Fun times.

If anyone wants to play some matches while the beta is up we should arrange it btw.
Of course people say Chipp is weak. Hes a combo based character with the lowest hp and weakest hits where you really have to control the fight which is hard to do but if you can then hes super annoying to deal with.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Of course people say Chipp is weak. Hes a combo based character with the lowest hp and weakest hits where you really have to control the fight which is hard to do but if you can then hes super annoying to deal with.
He's always been that way though and he was high tier in Xrd and before in +R even and people were aware of that, maybe it's just that he's different now and people haven't figured out the new stuff and just notice what he can't do any more.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
He's always been that way though and he was high tier in Xrd and before in +R even and people were aware of that, maybe it's just that he's different now and people haven't figured out the new stuff and just notice what he can't do any more.
Probably. You will always get people fighting over who is op and who is weak. Especially with an established fanbase/community like this.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So I sorted through my replays of random interesting matched on the way to lvl 400. Ended up with about 3.5 hours of footage haha!

Here we go:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Strive is ONE DAY away!

Strive opening:

Final trailer:

Happy Chaos is likely gonna be the first dlc in July, then there's one more coming in August and we'll see from then on.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
First new char announced, it's our burger loving secretary of state no less!

Been almost 2 months but much silence here, how are people finding the game? Also since the netcode is so good we could set up some player rooms sometime.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
First new char announced, it's our burger loving secretary of state no less!

Been almost 2 months but much silence here, how are people finding the game? Also since the netcode is so good we could set up some player rooms sometime.
I admit that I've been busy. I've played mainly Arcade and Survival mode. I got some time off now, but I will let you know when I'm available.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I wish they had a real campaign mode without the 4 hour anime thing with no fighting. But the online multi is good, turns out I'm better then I thought since I'm pretty solidly floor 7 or 8 without much effort, but I haven't really played it in a few weeks so I'm rusty.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I wish they had a real campaign mode without the 4 hour anime thing with no fighting. But the online multi is good, turns out I'm better then I thought since I'm pretty solidly floor 7 or 8 without much effort, but I haven't really played it in a few weeks so I'm rusty.
You wanna check out arcade for that (boss Nagoriyuki is all kinds of fucked), storymode is basically just a movie to wrap up the story of Sol.

And this game's best feature for newer players is letting people play with folks of their similar skill level below a certain point. The floor system is like their usual colored square system, only it comes with like a protective field which puts same colors in their own pocket dimension so unless a lower floor player chooses to go to a higher floor they will not be matched with someone stronger.

It does begin to crumble once you get to the secret 11th floor since in there you have people who range from folks who just managed to get there after a month by the skin of their teeth, to literal top level pro players, all in the same pool, but I figure anyone good enough to get to the heaven floor should be ready for anything by that point XD.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You wanna check out arcade for that (boss Nagoriyuki is all kinds of fucked), storymode is basically just a movie to wrap up the story of Sol.

And this game's best feature for newer players is letting people play with folks of their similar skill level below a certain point. The floor system is like their usual colored square system, only it comes with like a protective field which puts same colors in their own pocket dimension so unless a lower floor player chooses to go to a higher floor they will not be matched with someone stronger.

It does begin to crumble once you get to the secret 11th floor since in there you have people who range from folks who just managed to get there after a month by the skin of their teeth, to literal top level pro players, all in the same pool, but I figure anyone good enough to get to the heaven floor should be ready for anything by that point XD.
I have gone through arcade, its just ok. I suppose I wouldn't be as hard on it if I hadn't played Thems Fightin Herds, that game has an incredible campaign that leaves all other fighting campaigns in the dust.

Yeah the floor system is handy, I like that I'm getting matched mostly against people who will just dominate the match.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
So the Goldlewis breakdown is out.

Seems like a pretty technical character, I'm loving all the variations on the typhoon special. Also his unique gauge is basically a don't spam special gauge. It will reward patient and precise play.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Goldlewis evoking his inner schoolgirl powers.

Screenshot 2021-07-25 at 05-55-41 Goldlewis Starter Guide - Guilty Gear -Strive-.png