Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
GGPO beta test period extended for a whopping 2 more weeks. Hurray!

(does anyone else here play +R? it's easily one of the best versions of GG and fighters in general)

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I just got Xrd Rev 2 in the Steam sale, I'm having a lot of fun with it although I've not jumped into the arcade mode proper yet, just getting used to a couple of characters first since I've never played a Guilty Gear before. Also I have decided Elphelt is a whole precious BABY, is she in the new one at launch?

Reactions: BrawlMan and Worgen

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just got Xrd Rev 2 in the Steam sale, I'm having a lot of fun with it although I've not jumped into the arcade mode proper yet, just getting used to a couple of characters first since I've never played a Guilty Gear before. Also I have decided Elphelt is a whole precious BABY, is she in the new one at launch?
So far, unknown. Ramethal is back, so we will see, but I know she is more popular than Elphelt.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
I do wonder who's the last character to be revealed. Roster's been missing some pretty popular characters like Johnny, Slayer and Baiken . there's been a desire for characters to return like Bridget and Testament

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
So far, unknown. Ramethal is back, so we will see, but I know she is more popular than Elphelt.
How is she more popular then Elphelt? Elphelt is the best!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Dark-skinned/black woman with blonde hair, has dummy thicc thighs, and goes bare footed with toe-less socks. Not that hard to figure out. The fact that she made it high on the popularity poll and made it in Strive before Elphet says otherwise. I have nothing against Elphet and I like her, but between the two, I prefer Ramethal more. She's more fun to play. When Strive comes out, Ram, Giovanna, and Nagoriyuki are going to be my three mains.

Last edited:

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dark-skinned/black woman with blonde hair, has dummy thicc thighs, and goes bare footed with toe-less socks. Not that hard to figure out. The fact that she made it high on the popularity poll and made it in Strive before Elphet says otherwise. I have nothing against Elphet and I like her, but between the two, I prefer Ramethal more. She's more fun to play. When Strive comes out, I'll be Ram, Giovanna, and Nagoriyuki are going to be my three mains.
Oh right, I guess Elphelt doesn't have dark skin, I tend to use skin 6 when I play her.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
I'm genuinely surprised they kept Anji's butterfly. I guess this game is not entirely moving away from okizeme but the butterfly is just an okizeme tool so I expected it to go the way of May's dolphin traps lol.

Either way, he looks surprisingly like his old self movement-wise. Tons of guard points and fuujin through stuff for days. Also I love his geta, they have just a single plank like in those No theater performances.

Ramlethal's story has more cute moments, like the part where Sin teaches her what love is through burgers with that sappy Birthday Train song is just peak GG storytelling lmao.

Elphelt is prolly gonna be in this too though, maybe just not yet. Ram was in Xrd first as well (back when it was an arcade game) and El came out when the console game was being released.

You're going about this the right way, you mainly wanna do tutorials and missions first to learn all the various systems.

And yeah Elphelt is both adorable and one of the best chars in the game, that shotgun stance when mastered is absurdly difficult to deal with and she has unblockable setups with the sniper rifle. Also her close slash (the champagne bottle) is an amazing antiair.

Dark-skinned/black woman with blonde hair, has dummy thicc thighs, and goes bare footed with toe-less socks. Not that hard to figure out. The fact that she made it high on the popularity poll and made it in Strive before Elphet says otherwise. I have nothing against Elphet and I like her, but between the two, I prefer Ramethal more. She's more fun to play. When Strive comes out, Ram, Giovanna, and Nagoriyuki are going to be my three mains.
I don't think it's the ganguro look as much as the gap between her hardass getup and soft personality that makes her popular. Never forget she started out as a villain out to wipe out humanity and now in Strive her winpose is her playing with a puppy. Such char growth is precious XD.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm genuinely surprised they kept Anji's butterfly. I guess this game is not entirely moving away from okizeme but the butterfly is just an okizeme tool so I expected it to go the way of May's dolphin traps lol.

Either way, he looks surprisingly like his old self movement-wise. Tons of guard points and fuujin through stuff for days. Also I love his geta, they have just a single plank like in those No theater performances.

Ramlethal's story has more cute moments, like the part where Sin teaches her what love is through burgers with that sappy Birthday Train song is just peak GG storytelling lmao.

Elphelt is prolly gonna be in this too though, maybe just not yet. Ram was in Xrd first as well (back when it was an arcade game) and El came out when the console game was being released.

You're going about this the right way, you mainly wanna do tutorials and missions first to learn all the various systems.

And yeah Elphelt is both adorable and one of the best chars in the game, that shotgun stance when mastered is absurdly difficult to deal with and she has unblockable setups with the sniper rifle. Also her close slash (the champagne bottle) is an amazing antiair.

I don't think it's the ganguro look as much as the gap between her hardass getup and soft personality that makes her popular. Never forget she started out as a villain out to wipe out humanity and now in Strive her winpose is her playing with a puppy. Such char growth is precious XD.
I am more than aware of her character progression. I've already seen her cute moments. It's a combination of all factors.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

"Venom is not a very exciting character"

Lmao, only someone who hasn't fought a good one ever or even looked up what he can do would say that.

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
This trailer doesn't really have much new stuff, it's kinda like a compilation of stuff we know for those who are not too closely following the game.

But it DOES show Ky's new lightning color. He really is turning more and more into a gear after all huh. That little tint of red in the stunedges reminds me of Sin's electricity and how it was mostly red but had some black tints to it too.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Sneak peek at new animatins of some chars, including respects and taunts!

Ram still has her 3 minute conversation with her familiars and Zato rips the flesh out of his arm off, business as usual.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

Open beta on the 17th! It will have training mode and local vs and netplay too. Also 13 chars, no Anji and final unknown char. This is basically the whole game minus storymode and those 2 chars. Gonna be mad hype! :D

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Open beta on the 17th! It will have training mode and local vs and netplay too. Also 13 chars, no Anji and final unknown char. This is basically the whole game minus storymode and those 2 chars. Gonna be mad hype! :D
And it's only for those that pre-order digitally. I won't be playing then, because I preordered my game physical. I ain't driving another 60 bucks for a beta. Let me know how it is.