Guilty Musical Pleasure?

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
What are your "Guilty Musical Pleasures", or artists you consider to be a guilty pleasure of yours?

For me?

I like Limp Bizkit. Not all their stuff, but not all of it is bad either.

And I enjoy Trivium.

Your turn?

EDIT: I forgot... I like Metalcore. And even "underground" rap and old school rap. I enjoy dubstep but I don't think it's guilty of me. :D

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Some 80's Hair Metal, mostly like Motley Crue. But that's about it

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Definitely some dubstep.

Guilty because so damn many seem to hate it. Pleasure, because, well, it can be so totally awesome, too.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I listen to the Super Mario Bors. soundtrack sometimes. World 1-2.

Also I have some songs that piss me off. I always change them (my playlist is always on shuffle) when they come up as they drive me up the wall.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Mentors.

By all accounts, I really shouldn't like them. "Joke" bands is something that I just can't get my head around, yet Mentors really get me going. Musically, they're very solid. The lyrics and vocals make me smile too.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Nickelback is probably the biggest guilty pleasure of mine, followed by Creed and Limp Bizkit.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
The old boy-bands.

This being the big one.

One day, my older sister will pay the price of putting girl music in my head for eternity.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I always find these threads difficult, as not only is it difficult to say what you should and shouldn't be guilty of enjoying but if you enjoy it you generally aren't guilty about it. Still, I unironically enjoy (greatly) the following songs:

I also loved the spice girls back in the day. I also inherited from my mother the disposition to sing constantly and not give a damn about it.

El Dwarfio said:
My musical guilty pleasure is musicals.
A thousand times this! From Bye-bye Birdie to Oliver! To Copacabana I love 'em. Shame they aren't making any big, technicolour Hollywood musicals anymore, I mean you'd think with the success of things like Wicked and Glee they'd be all over the place.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Marter said:
Ke$ha, I suppose.

Do I win the thread?
You know, I was going to post something, saw this, and knew I lost. She is seriously the only individual in the making sounds industry that I cannot bear to listen to for even the shortest extent of time, even as a joke. You totally do win this thread in my opinion.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
The only thing that comes to mind now is Aphex Twin.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
JoshTheREfan said:
The only thing that comes to mind now is Aphex Twin.
But aphex twin is awesome :3

OT: I don't find Lady Gaga and find some of her music rather good, even if it is pop.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have a personal philosophy about music that I don't care too much about what the song is about nor what the message is so long as I like the song.(there a a few exceptions, but I'm not going to bother with those)

I don't give a damn if it's MLP related. Good songs are good songs damn it.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
I listen to Skream quite a bit (he's mainly dubstep but he's written JAZZ goddangit). Oh, and Throbbing Gristle. If you honestly want to know who they are, look up "Slug Bait".