Guitar Hero 4 Adds Drums, Create-a-Song

Nov 28, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
Xwii360 said:
"Make your own song" Guitar hero wins all rhythm based games period. Can't wait to play Ramstein.
You do realise you could do that as far back as the original one, right? There are instructions for this are floating all over youtube, and the proof of it is on youtube too.
Well, yeah. But now I don't have to hack my X-Box to do it.

Jayact

May 18, 2008
They call it Guitar Hero for a reason.. I don't like how Activision is trying to make money on Rock Band's success by copying it in every way.
Anyway, I like the whole song writing idea.

Nov 28, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
thebobmaster said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Xwii360 said:
"Make your own song" Guitar hero wins all rhythm based games period. Can't wait to play Ramstein.
You do realise you could do that as far back as the original one, right? There are instructions for this are floating all over youtube, and the proof of it is on youtube too.
Well, yeah. But now I don't have to hack my X-Box to do it.
So hacking you Xbox is harder than making the $110 this game will set you back? I want your job.
No, but I'm technologically uninclined, and hacking your 360 bans you from X-Box Live, which I do not want to happen.

Duckz

May 14, 2008
i doubt I'll buy Rockband in the Britain , its way to expensive - £180 !!! if I was to buy id import from the USA for about £120. Being British can be Such a rip off at times. I hate to see the price of GH4 when it gets released over here, that "drum kit" will not be cheap....probably be cheaper buying a real set of drums judging by how much Europe gets fucked over price wise.

Still, it does sound very fun.

Nov 28, 2007
Just read the Game Informer article. There is also going to be a Create-A-Rocker thing, a free-form career mode, and the article strongly hinted at Dream Theater being in. Also, all the songs are going to be master tracks.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
thebobmaster said:
Just read the Game Informer article. There is also going to be a Create-A-Rocker thing, a free-form career mode, and the article strongly hinted at Dream Theater being in. Also, all the songs are going to be master tracks.
Master tracks = Win

What does "free-form" career mode mean? You choose what order to play venues?

To people complaining about ripping off Rock Band: If Guitar Hero 4 offers more and better functions then Rock Band 2 it will be the better game? No? The games industry is based around taking the best parts from other people's games and making it better.

NoNeedCaptain

May 24, 2008
thebobmaster said:
There is also going to be a Create-A-Rocker thing, a free-form career mode, and the article strongly hinted at Dream Theater being in. .
Dream theater kicks my ass in like 40 different places at once. I'd happily shove out another $150-200 bucks to play anything by them.

Nov 28, 2007
sammyfreak said:
thebobmaster said:
Master tracks = Win

Basically, you have several choices of the next gig you go to, and after finishing that gig, more choices open up. Therefore, you will not have to play a song in the game if you do not like that particular song.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
thebobmaster said:
sammyfreak said:
thebobmaster said:
Master tracks = Win

Basically, you have several choices of the next gig you go to, and after finishing that gig, more choices open up. Therefore, you will not have to play a song in the game if you do not like that particular song.
Cool, they might be able to spice things up by adding diffirent types of music styles. Your choices of music stlye could change the way the avatars look like. Maybe they could add diffirent campaigns, Indie/Classic Rock/Metal/Blues/Latino. An optional band management thingey might even be cool.

I guess if they would add cool stuff like that then it would need to be optional, Guitar Hero still needs to be about rocking out afterall.