guitar hero 5 or 3?

Spekter068

Sep 4, 2009
I haven't played 5 yet, but I do have 3 and World Tour, and if I only judge it on gameplay, 3 beats WT hands down. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are pickier than Nazis in World Tour, and if anything scratches the tap strum bar, you're fucked, because the game will think you're tap strumming all the time and you instantly fail every song.
If I judge it by the setlist, 3 is, again, much better than World Tour.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
It's like 1, 2, 80s, Aerosmith, Metallica and the RB games never existed...

My favourite was Aerosmith, but if you want a non-band game, I'd recommend Rock Band (either 1 or 2).

If you MUST pick between 3 or 5, pick 3. You pretty much answered your own question: the songs are better.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
aninsclone said:
The question should really be between 5 or 2.

2 had a much more enjoyable songlist than 3, and IT STILL HAD CLIVE WINSTON.
Didn't they bring him back for GH 5? I hope they did. He could levitate.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Get GH: Metallica. By far the strongest songlist. It's called Guitar Hero, so the songs should be about guitar work, and Metallica rules for that.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
It all comes down to that boring old internet Get Out Clause of personal taste but I found GH5 to be utter bollocks. The track listing is arse and even on hard it felt like you were actually just pushing buttons rather than playing. I'd go for 3 if it's just the Guitar you're interested in but if you do want a band experience go for Rock Band 2. Hell, even if you just want Guitar, got for Rock Band 2.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Guitar hero 5 is great fun full band, or 2 guitars and a drummer or whatever you like.
The set list doesn't have that many classics as GH 3, but it is much more fun. You can just get smash hits with 5 if you really want.