Guitar Hero 5 setlist complete

Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
A big red rooster said:
Oh, Peter Framton's here! NICE!
and The Sword! That's kind of an underground metal band to be on guitar hero, but then gh2 had Voivod. Nice setlist.
The Sword was also on GH2, GH: Metallica, and Smash Hits, with "Freya" on GH2 and Smash Hits, and "The Black River" on Metallica.

DeadlyGlitch said:
guitar hero 5?!?!?!?! when did they make guitar hero 4! dang there making those faster then final fantasy games
Last November. It's called "Guitar Hero: World Tour".
 

Dread_Reaper

New member
Dec 4, 2008
111
0
0
Wow, so at long last they include my favorite band, Rammstein, and then like idiots, they use one of their worst songs. Du Hast was their big break into the American market in the 90's but their music has progress so far beyond that as an art form with their more recent albums. Boo, I should have been expecting this, but I am still slightly displeased.

Still, a lot of good additions in there. Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Bon Jovi, and the others, nice selections! Might get it.

-Dread_Reaper
 
Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
Dread_Reaper said:
Wow, so at long last they include my favorite band, Rammstein, and then like idiots, they use one of their worst songs. Du Hast was their big break into the American market in the 90's but their music has progress so far beyond that as an art form with their more recent albums. Boo, I should have been expecting this, but I am still slightly displeased.
Maybe on GH6, they'll have Moskau.
 

TaborMallory

New member
May 4, 2008
2,382
0
0
Donnyp said:
TaborMallory said:
Lets see here... Nope, still sucks.

Blink-182? AFI? Gorillaz? Come on Guitar Hero, you can do better than that.
Hey 2 of those 3 are good. I still think they should of called the game "Colour Co-ordination Songs" At least when you play dance dance you get exercise lol.
Indeed. While I won't doubt those artists for their music, I just don't think they belong in a game originally made to show off guitar talent.

None of that matters anymore, though. They stopped doing that quite a long time ago. Guitar Hero, I mean.
 

A big red rooster

New member
Jul 9, 2009
311
0
0
thebobmaster said:
A big red rooster said:
Oh, Peter Framton's here! NICE!
and The Sword! That's kind of an underground metal band to be on guitar hero, but then gh2 had Voivod. Nice setlist.
The Sword was also on GH2, GH: Metallica, and Smash Hits, with "Freya" on GH2 and Smash Hits, and "The Black River" on Metallica.
Really??? Dang, I didn't know GH had a thing for obscure doom metal.
 

The Rockerfly

New member
Dec 31, 2008
4,649
0
0
Mercernary said:
Where the hell is Stairway to Heaven? I wanna battle the God of Rock!
Robert Plant (lead singer of Led Zepplin) hates guitar hero with a burning passion
Same with Jack White but both of them are very uninformed and dislike GH for no good reason

OT: Meh setlist, might get when it hits £25 but I like the idea of people being able to play the same part, no more people fighting over guitar and drum parts :)
 

Captain Lag

New member
Jun 29, 2009
173
0
0
The Rockerfly said:
Mercernary said:
Where the hell is Stairway to Heaven? I wanna battle the God of Rock!
Robert Plant (lead singer of Led Zepplin) hates guitar hero with a burning passion
Same with Jack White but both of them are very uninformed and dislike GH for no good reason

OT: Meh setlist, might get when it hits £25 but I like the idea of people being able to play the same part, no more people fighting over guitar and drum parts :)
If Jack White hates Guitar Hero then why is there a white stripes song in there?
 

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
1,676
0
0
Hmmm some of those songs look good but its not exactly enough to make me want to buy the game.
 

Arkhangelsk

New member
Mar 1, 2009
7,703
0
0
I was actually impressed, contains more songs that I like than I'd expected. Might get it at retail a few years after it's release.
 

aruseusx

New member
Apr 22, 2009
865
0
0
Still no Symphony X (Sea Of Lies, Seven, Dragon's Den people) or Fear Factory(540000 degrees, Transgression and Archetype please). Picked a bad Megadeth song. Also some Black Tide would be sweet.

Fun fact : Fear Factory's Burton Bell is one of the teens in Smells like Teen Spirit music video by Nirvana. Thank you wikipedia.
 

m_jim

New member
Jan 14, 2008
497
0
0
Sonic Youth's "Incinerate" on there is the only one that gave me pause and made me want to buy the game. I was listening to that song just the other day, thinking how badass it would be to have it in Guitar Hero/Rock Band.
 

The Rockerfly

New member
Dec 31, 2008
4,649
0
0
Captain Lag said:
The Rockerfly said:
Mercernary said:
Where the hell is Stairway to Heaven? I wanna battle the God of Rock!
Robert Plant (lead singer of Led Zepplin) hates guitar hero with a burning passion
Same with Jack White but both of them are very uninformed and dislike GH for no good reason

OT: Meh setlist, might get when it hits £25 but I like the idea of people being able to play the same part, no more people fighting over guitar and drum parts :)
If Jack White hates Guitar Hero then why is there a white stripes song in there?
Not entirely sure, maybe he got his head out of his arse and realised that it's a great way for people to discover new bands, new genres out of mainstream music and he can make some money at the same time
 

FrozenPhoenix13

New member
Jul 13, 2009
8
0
0
it's just... meh

I mean every now and then one song caught my eye and I'd remember like 3 or 4 lines of it and move on but nothing to get super excited about


also I didn''t know every song in that list so if someone could point out the "through the fire and flames" or "the devil went down to georgia" kind of difficult one I'd appreciate it
 

Ben Legend

New member
Apr 16, 2009
1,549
0
0
meh.... I've stuck with Guitar hero up until Rock Band. I chose Rock Band because I believe it to have a much better set list, despite it being dearer at release.
I enjoyed GH2 much more than 3, but lately... I've decided to stop buying them all together so as not to get bored played a new one every 6 months.
I'll just stick with Rock Band and download new songs I like.