Guys; I've had enough.

May 21, 2009
I'm sure that if a beautiful woman such as your self would have no problem getting guys to go out with you if you just asked

I would go out with you if you asked

Apr 28, 2008
NaturalCauses said:
Because, we're scared. Thats about it really. We're interested in you and want to get to know you, rejection makes us sad pandas. Granted thats more of a generalized answer and of course can't apply to everyone since everyone is different. Stupid nature making us all different...

Anyway, you look fantastic, and if you lived somewhere near me I'd like to get to know you, maybe go out sometime.

You wouldn't happen to live in Vermont now, would you?

God that sounded creepy and stalker-ish...

Apr 29, 2010
Well, I could never work up the courage to do so, because I'm the quiet introvert who thinks all you girls are out of reach, or taken. Which..actually means the same thing.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
Guys are stoopid in that way. But don't give up, guys need a learning curve and will figure it out.
I can't figure out for the life of me why guys don't try. Sometimes you learn more from bad experiences or even if she says,"no". Figure out why she said no and change.
Girls are like the lottery.
You can't win if you don't play.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
khaimera said:
khaimera said:
I'll go out with you.

That was the point of this thread, right?
I wish it was that easy.
It is that easy if we make it so.

I just asked, and was ignored. On to the next random girl. They're everywhere.
I like your style.
Thanks,

Lets hope she does too.

This ones for you both.

&#9829

NaturalCauses

Sep 2, 2010
khaimera said:
khaimera said:
I'll go out with you.

I wish it was that easy.

Well, you know. It is the internet. Serious business. Internet relationships are a fickle thing.

Irridium said:

Erm... That's in the U.S., isn't it? o-o' Nnnnnnnnope!

Just to let you guys know,

Thanks. This thread has helped me, and given me a lot to think about. There... is a guy in my Medieval Europe class who I really like since we met. He's into video games, he's really cute, and we even wore matching converse.

I think I'm going to ask him if he wants to 'do something sometime' on Monday, when I'll see him again. Thank you guys. :] It's easy to see why the Escapist is a great community.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
Because I'm a clinically-diagnosed avoidant.

It pretty much means I'm always awkward being around people.
It's like a really really bad case of introversion.

But hey, if:
1. I wasn't insanely shy
2. I wasn't aviodant
I would have asked someone I really fancied out.
Oh, and if she wasn't already taken :p
But hey, in the wise words of Frank Sinatra, 'That's Life'.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
NaturalCauses said:
khaimera said:
khaimera said:
I'll go out with you.

I wish it was that easy.

Well, you know. It is the internet. Serious business. Internet relationships are a fickle thing.

Irridium said:

Thanks. This thread has helped me, and given me a lot to think about. There... is a guy in my Medieval Europe class who I really like since we met. He's into video games, he's really cute, and we even wore matching converse.

I think I'm going to ask him if he wants to 'do something sometime' on Monday, when I'll see him again. Thank you guys. :] It's easy to see why the Escapist is a great community.
I DEMAND A FOLLOW-UP THREAD DETAILING THE EVENTS AS THEY UNFOLD!

Trent Lynch

May 12, 2009
My advice, as i guy who's been with the same woman for almost two and a half years. Is ask the guy out. Intelligent gamers will (mostly) see themselves as unattractive geeks and nerds, and judging from your picture, they think they aren't good looking enough for you.

So go looking around campus for guys that look like what you're looking for and see if you can catch one of them looking at you. Then walk over and (here is the important part) establish a friendship.

Why is friendship more important than asking for a date right out front? He could be taken or just too busy to date, but friends are always welcome. Once your in the friend zone and he is comfortable talking with you, let him know you like him and ask him on a date.

This is what my girlfriend did. It worked for her and I know I would have been to shy to ask her myself. From reading above posts that's what most everyone else admitted, everyone of us is shy.

Edit: Looks like my post came a bit late as you seem to have started this already.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
This is where the bullshit about "nice guys finish last" comes from. These so-called "nice guys" are too shy and intimidated to ask out the pretty girl, or simply just don't know how to talk to girls, and as a result they fail and the girls end up dating the guys who do know how to talk to girls... Who are often assholes. But what do these "nice guys" fucking expect?? It's not because they're nice its because they are not confident and they're wimpy, which is unattractive to girls.

My advice? Well first I must ask why you want to date nerd guys in the first place? Most of them are immature misanthropes with delusions of intellectuality who fit perfectly into my description above. Look for the middle-ground guy, an interesting person with more than one hobby who is confident enough to talk to you and treat you well. Or, just date older guys.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
AverageJoe said:
This is where the bullshit about "nice guys finish last" comes from. These so-called "nice guys" are too shy and intimidated to ask out the pretty girl, or simply just don't know how to talk to girls, and as a result they fail and the girls end up dating the guys who do know how to talk to girls... Who are often assholes. But what do these "nice guys" fucking expect?? It's not because they're nice its because they are not confident and they're wimpy, which is unattractive to girls.

My advice? Well first I must ask why you want to date gamer guys in the first place? Most of them are immature misanthropes with delusions of intellectuality who fit perfectly into my description above. Look for the middle-ground guy, an interesting person with more than one hobby who is confident enough to talk to you and treat you well. Or, just date older guys.
NOOOOOOOOOO! I have enough trouble getting chicks without you telling them to go for more interesting/older guys!

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
NaturalCauses said:
giant snip
Well as everyone has said, it's not so easy.

But my reason for that is slightly different.

The thing is, we guys just can't ask a girl out right away. We have to get acquianted with that girl. If not, we are simply a stranger asking a girl out. Of course she'll say no.

Now for me, I do have the courage to ask a girl out, but my problem is I can't approach or simply talk to girls. Since I am in college, everyone is independent and keeps to themselves. Yeah we get to know some people every once in a while, but since all of us are there for our education, we don't have much of a chance to talk to others, especially when the pretty girl sits a few chairs away. What am I gonna do? Walk all the way over to her and sit next to her to try and talk to her even though she's a total stranger? That's very normal.

P.S. You do look very cute, I definitely would wanna go out with you if I was able to but 1) meeting someone irl that I found on the internet is never a good idea to begin with and 2) you never stated where you live. You don't have your location on your profile. If you actually wanna go out with someone from this site you should give your home country, state, and city. The closer, the better.

Apr 28, 2008
NaturalCauses said:
Irridium said:

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!
Where did you move to anyway? Europe, Mexico, Canada, Alpha Centauri?

Well good on you! Hope it works out.

NaturalCauses

Sep 2, 2010
AverageJoe said:
Well first I must ask why you want to date gamer guys in the first place? Most of them are immature misanthropes with delusions of intellectuality who fit perfectly into my description above. Look for the middle-ground guy, an interesting person with more than one hobby who is confident enough to talk to you and treat you well. Or, just date older guys.
Because gaming is my biggest passion. I have never met a guy who adores gaming as much as I do. I even have connections in the industry and want to get into it myself. I feel like if I did 'get with' a guy who was more into sports and that typical sort of stuff, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the same things.

In fact, I talk about gaming too much for my own good...

kman123 said:
I am now inspired to ask out a chick. Thank you ma'am!
I'm glad, that's what I was hoping for. :)

I DEMAND A FOLLOW-UP THREAD DETAILING THE EVENTS AS THEY UNFOLD!
SUDDENLY, IRRELEVANCE, IRRELEVANCE EVERYWHERE.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
NaturalCauses said:
AccursedTheory said:
you're in high school, and the sad fact is that most of the people your age (Including yourself) have not evened out yet socially, or personality wise.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about such things until your 20. Any relationship below that will, most likely, be pointless practice anyway...

Ugh... 6 years...
Do I seriously look that young? The hell. I'm 19 and what is this
Whoops, missed the fact that the prom was LAST summer. My apologies (Though, yes, you DO look that young, combined with my refusal to get involved with those younger than I).

Hmm... this is more serious than I initially perceived...

First off... I'd argue that 50% of the population of the Escapist would not ask you out due to shyness (Sorry guys), and 40% would not due to age (Sorry, geezers).

But that's not the point...

At 19... its time to get proactive. Modern society has neutered men in many ways, primarily in the area of sexuality (And, in affect, flirting). So its time to use what feminism has given you: the right o ignore gender roles. Pursue what YOU want, instead of relying on male forwardness (Rare), or female 'hints' (Men don't notice most of those anyway).

The TL;DR response: There is no expected gender role in flirting and courting anymore. Take a shot at it.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Paksenarrion said:
My question to you is, why not go out hunting yourself? I chose my quarry carefully, tailing him a bit, then pounced. For most guy gamers, you just have to make yourself clear. I told mine, "I'm hunting you. You are mine. You have no choice." And he said, "...okay."

It helps that we're both into anime, and know the social formula for relationships: aggressive girl gets bespectacled guy.

I suppose it's not really expected of girls to go out hunting for boys. A pity.
Damn straight. I wouldn't mind if a girl asked me out, I don't see what the problem is with it anyway.
I think it's some sort of centuries-old social contract whereby it is the role of the "Man" to actively court the "Woman". To step out of such socially accepted roles is to invite ridicule.

You know what, though? I like kind, gentle guys. He defends my honor despite not being physically imposing, and that takes guts. He is the bravest person I know, short of Mr. Rogers, who happens to be Chuck Norris' grandfather.

That's why I claimed him, and that's why he's mine. And that's why I'll nut stomp anyone who says otherwise.