Gwen Stacy May Survive Longer than Expected in Spider-Man Reboot

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Falseprophet said:
The Youth Counselor said:
People still debate how Gwen Stacy died? Marvel editorial made it official that it was the jerk of the whiplash years ago.

So says science!
I love Kakalios's videos. But one thing always bugged me about Gwen Stacy's death. Admittedly it's been a few years since I read it, but I don't remember Gwen having any movement or dialogue between when Spider-man first confronts Green Goblin on the bridge, and when Goblin throws her off it. How do we know she wasn't dead before Spider-man even showed up? Did I miss something?
That's always been part of the mystery. Was she just drugged by Osborne or did he already kill her and was messing with Peters head? Honestly when the later comics revealed that (ugggh) Gwen had an affair with Norman and bore his children (see kids, this is why Quesada needs to be removed as EIC), I kind of retconned it myself that she was already dead (since she had a secret that Norman didn't want out yet) and Pete accidentally broke the neck of a dead woman.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Truly-A-Lie said:
What is with this series and getting redheads to play blondes and vice versa?
Emma Stone isn't a natural redhead, but yeah I get what you mean. And I would totally take Bryce Dallas Howard over Kristen Dunst anyday anyway.

Sparrow said:
Fuck yes. Emma Stone is awesome, Gwen Stacy is awesome... why not have that awesomeness last for longer?

Dexiro said:
Wait why are they rebooting it? The original films were fine. Or are they doing it to fit the whole Avengers thing better?
It'd make sense, I suppose. Spidey is part of S.H.I.E.L.D in the Ultimate Spidey world and the film is supposedly based off of the Ultimate books with the Ultimate writer ultimately helping to write the ultimate script.

The Youth Counselor said:
People still debate how Gwen Stacy died? Marvel editorial made it official that it was the jerk of the whiplash years ago.
As well as the book Marvels, in which the main character views it happen and there's even a little "snap" that appears as Spidey catches her with his web.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh, so Spidey has some mixed guilt? Wondering if he caused her death by trying to stop it?
That's Spidey in a nutshell for you. Like how he blames himself for Uncle Ben's death, he also blames himself for Gwen's death. He blames himself for basically everything - probably why he's so loveable.
Actually in the original story The Amazing Spider-Man #121 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Gwen_Stacy_Died] the snap sound effect was already present. However in subsequent reprints it was removed because of controversial debate whether that meant the webbing snapped her neck or not.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
1) Emma Stone
2) Emma Stone > that last redhead that played Gwen Stacy
3) What the hell is wrong with casting directors?? Why is Mary Jane a natural blonde and Gwen Stacies redheads?
4) Interesting observation. Emma Stone is with Andrew Garfield (Spidey), Andrew Garfield played Eduardo Saverin to Jesse Eisenberg's Mark Zuckerberg in the Social Network. Jesse and Emma were in Zombieland.

Nate Corran

Dec 26, 2009
She can't die in the end of the film (at least by way of the Green Goblin) because the villian has been confirmed to be Curt Connors A.K.A. The Lizard.