H3H3 being sued

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4349864/ethan-klein-h3h3productions-fair-use-protection-account-fupa/%3fsource=dam?client=ms-android-metropcs-us#

http://www.forbes.com/sites/fruzsinaeordogh/2016/05/26/popular-youtubers-h3h3-productions-prepare-to-defend-fair-use-in-lawsuit/#19b00dc6d1c4

So yeah, looks like this is the big one. Winner takes all. H3H3(AKA the Kool Aid guy from Jontrons Food Games ep and the guy who got in some feud with someone named leafy) is being sued for making a video about someone else's video.

What do you guys think?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
I was going to do some google searching, so as to better provide an opinion. But then this showed up almost immediately somehow.

I know it has absolutely nothing to do with H3H3, or their lawsuit, or anything else, and it showing up was a complete fluke. But I don't care. I'm out of here.

ilikeyou

May 27, 2016
Ive seen vids of girls rubbing their piss on their tits, but that has erotic connotations. Why did she drink her own piss? Whats going on. I don't understand. What is the benefit? If you piss it out your body has no use for it. Thats like going to the rubbish tip, digging up garbage and putting it in your trash.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
ilikeyou said:
Ive seen vids of girls rubbing their piss on their tits, but that has erotic connotations. Why did she drink her own piss? Whats going on. I don't understand. What is the benefit? If you piss it out your body has no use for it. Thats like going to the rubbish tip, digging up garbage and putting it in your bin.
Are you R Kelly or something.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'm subbed to h3h3, so I've been aware of it for a little while now.

While normally not a fan of "Youtube drama" (I didn't care at all about their spate with Leafy. Yeah he's an asshole, but the internet's full of them), at least this one has the potential to change things for the better. Folks shouldn't be using copyright law as a weapon to bludgeon other content creators they happen to dislike. It's a real class act for Mr. DeFranco to take a stand against it, and even more so for the Kleins to use the extra funds to help content creators fight future abuses of the system.

It should speak volumes that Youtubers of all stripes have put aside any personal grievances and pitched in to assist. Hell, even The Fine Brothers (aka "we tried to trademark the word 'react'") have stepped up to the plate and donated $10,000.

AccursedTheory said:
I was going to do some google searching, so as to better provide an opinion. But then this showed up almost immediately somehow.

I know it has absolutely nothing to do with H3H3, or their lawsuit, or anything else, and it showing up was a complete fluke. But I don't care. I'm out of here.
It probably came up because h3h3 roasted one of her videos and they've been light-heartedly ribbing one another ever since.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I'm glad that it finally made a bunch of youtubers do what they should have done ages ago, and work together to fight for Fair Use.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I find it hilarious that a channel that actually makes content gets hit with a copyright strike over the hundreds of reaction channels out there that actually break fair use laws.

Good for you, H3H3! Don't personally care for your videos, but if it means the channels I like may finally be able to make the videos they want without fear of being shut down, You'll have my thanks.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
RaikuFA said:
ilikeyou said:
Im not R Kelly. I don't see what the benefit is of drinking your own piss though.
Ask Bear Grylls he'll know.
Er for your information Bear Grylls drinks the liquid from his ass or squeezes the juice from animal shit, thank you very much.

What the fuck did I just type and why did I know all of that. Delete from brain, DELETE FROM BRAIN!!

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Parasondox said:
How did this thread turn into a convo about drinking piss so quickly?
Pretty easy to explain - I am the worst user on the Escapist, and I bring misery and de-rails where ever I go.

Here's an animated simulation to show what I do to threads.

ilikeyou said:
I don't see what the benefit is of drinking your own piss though.
There isn't any. It can actually be dangerous, as well.

Barbas said:
Please step away from the piss.

That's a targeting computer that failed to actually hit it's target. I'm assuming I'm supposed to read between the lines, and NOT step away from the piss?

Anyway, I guess I do owe an answer, after all the damage I've caused. So...

1. I'm not a fan of anyone involved in this lawsuit
2. The lawsuit is, as far as I can tell, bullshit
3. It's pretty neat he's starting a fund for youtubers who are getting sued

EDIT: That is, of course, based entirely on OPs links. Still not googling this again.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Huh, so we may actually get some case law out of this, interesting.

Out of curiosity, how much of the other video was the video that got the strike using? EDIT: in proportion to the original's length, I mean, and was is contiguous?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Zeconte said:
altnameJag said:
Huh, so we may actually get some case law out of this, interesting.

Out of curiosity, how much of the other video was the video that got the strike using? EDIT: in proportion to the original's length, I mean, and was is contiguous?
About 3 minutes of a 13 minute video.
Hmm, depending on which quarter or the video they were showing, plus what, exactly, their "commentary" entailed, that could actually be pretty damning. Be interesting how Fair Use shakes out of this one.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
Parasondox said:
Pretty easy to explain - I am the worst user on the Escapist, and I bring misery and de-rails where ever I go.

ilikeyou said:

Barbas said:

That's a targeting computer that failed to actually hit it's target. I'm assuming I'm supposed to read between the lines, and NOT step away from the piss?

EDIT: That is, of course, based entirely on OPs links. Still not googling this again.
First off, where is that gif from?

Second, what were you typing cause I just put in "h3h3 lawsuit".

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
RaikuFA said:
AccursedTheory said:
Parasondox said:

ilikeyou said:

Barbas said:

First off, where is that gif from?

Second, what were you typing cause I just put in "h3h3 lawsuit".
First, Rail Wars, I believe. My understanding is that it's 100% fan service.

Second, I can't recall, and I'm not checking.