Habbo Readies For "The Great Unmute"

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
evilneko said:
Scrustle said:
Why do I get the feeling this will somehow not be the rapturous awakening and enlightening of virtuous and reasonable human beings they are expecting it to be?
I totally want to go over there and declare my love for meeting and cybersexing like-minded people! I mean, where else can I find so many of them?

[small]This post made of 100% jest.[/small]
Every time I see you post, I get a small urge to get back into manga. Your avatar is from the first manga and proper anime I ever saw ;D

OT: Anyone else want to play Neopets lately? All this Habbo talk has reminded me of my childhood.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
EeveeElectro said:
If Habbo shuts, the pedos will go elsewhere.
Keep it open and use it to catch predators.

I suppose better moderation is the only thing that can save it.
Also teaching kids not to meet dodgy sounding people off the Internet is a good idea.
Probably want to teach your kids that most of the time it'll be a relative or people you actually trust that molests them...

Unless that statistic has changed recently?

But yes, proper parenting is the answer to 99% of the other problems.

Regardless, I'm going to go out on a completely unsubstantiated limb and say that actual cases of children being sexually assaulted in the US are low and that many of them have nothing to do with Habbo.

Also note that I'm still not entirely clear on what Habbo is, avatar chat? Uglier Second Life? Speaking of which...has anyone checked out Second Life?

Evil Smurf said:
will no one think of the pedophiles!
I'm sure Chris Hansen will ;).

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
theultimateend said:
Probably want to teach your kids that most of the time it'll be a relative or people you actually trust that molests them...

Unless that statistic has changed recently?

But yes, proper parenting is the answer to 99% of the other problems.

Regardless, I'm going to go out on a completely unsubstantiated limb and say that actual cases of children being sexually assaulted in the US are low and that many of them have nothing to do with Habbo.
Well no because then they'll be terrified of relatives in case they molest them.
I wouldn't want them to say, "I don't want to go to Uncle Bob's because he might molest me!"
Instead I'd tell them not do something with anyone if it makes them uncomfortable and to not keep any secrets from me. If anything bad happens, they should tell me straight away because they won't get in trouble.

Habbo is a 3D avatar chat site, you can walk up to any random person and start talking.
I visited about 5 years ago and even back then it was full of creeps. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like now.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
EeveeElectro said:
Well no because then they'll be terrified of relatives in case they molest them.
I wouldn't want them to say, "I don't want to go to Uncle Bob's because he might molest me!"
Instead I'd tell them not do something with anyone if it makes them uncomfortable and to not keep any secrets from me. If anything bad happens, they should tell me straight away because they won't get in trouble.

Habbo is a 3D avatar chat site, you can walk up to any random person and start talking.
I visited about 5 years ago and even back then it was full of creeps. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like now.
Haha. Probably True. I just meant warning your kids about online predators is a bit like warning them about Airplane crashes.

It's a definite danger but its unlikely to be the thing that actually gets them.

As for your advice on what to ACTUALLY say I agree ;). My kids will be solid, their father is a MTG player, he has no real friends so there is nobody to molest them! Victory!

The luxury of being a socially inept individual.

Avatar chats are an odd beast. I wonder what population of Habbo is actually people under 18?

Cause like, with San Andreas the news was bitching a storm about how sex was in a kids game. Is this similar? Is Habbo even populated by children?

I realize I could google...but I'll admit I'm not super interested :(.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
theultimateend said:
-El Snippio-
But you'll have to make a few friends of the girl variety to try and get a baby xD

Any child of mine will be supervised on the computer until I can trust them to use it properly. Even then, I'll have some parental blocks on some websites.
When my niece uses my website I have to check out every site to make sure there isn't a chat system or anything slightly dodgy. She goes on kids websites of course, I can't imagine the amount of predators that use them to their advantage. (she isn't allowed on the Moshi Moshi monsters forum for one).

Also for a good explanation of Habbo, please note the 3 minute diagram I just fantastically made in paint xP

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
EeveeElectro said:
theultimateend said:
-El Snippio-
But you'll have to make a few friends of the girl variety to try and get a baby xD

Any child of mine will be supervised on the computer until I can trust them to use it properly. Even then, I'll have some parental blocks on some websites.
When my niece uses my website I have to check out every site to make sure there isn't a chat system or anything slightly dodgy. She goes on kids websites of course, I can't imagine the amount of predators that use them to their advantage. (she isn't allowed on the Moshi Moshi monsters forum for one).

Also for a good explanation of Habbo, please note the 3 minute diagram I just fantastically made in paint xP

I'm actually already married, so I got that part worked out. The benefit there is I get social contact every day without needing to go searching for it. Whoever thought up relationships was a clever person.

As for parenting stuff I plan to do basically what I do with our cats, be around them a lot to give them guidance and company.

I suspect my kids will respond much like my cats do. "Back the fuck off, I'm a cat."

But at the end of the day at least they'll be healthy and safe ;) (Took our cats to the vet today :eek:. Perfect bills of health, minus allergies haha...so close! *snaps fingers*)

Edit: I don't know if it is because of it being 2AM or not...but that image made me chuckle.

Edit Edit: Plus if my kids want online to game I'd love to try and whip their ass at multipalyer games. NO MERCY! >_>

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Time to dust off my Gary Glitter Habbo it seems.
It's hilarious how nobody ever got the reference - I remember one Habbo male said he would 'Bobba me' if I gave him some credits. It was then I got scared and left, they're either epic trolls or terrifying.

Yan007

Jan 31, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
will no one think of the pedophiles!
Don't worry. Pretty sure plenty of people here will have some kind thoughts for them. No, it is not sarcasm and they make me mad. :/

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I hope these people know Habbo isn't the only online thingy that has pedos.

Also, if Habbo shuts down, Coke should bring back Mycokemusic

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nantucket said:
Time to dust off my Gary Glitter Habbo it seems.
It's hilarious how nobody ever got the reference - I remember one Habbo male said he would 'Bobba me' if I gave him some credits. It was then I got scared and left, they're either epic trolls or terrifying.
Ahhh. Gary Glitter is one great pedophile, Roman Polanski is my favourite though.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
agiganticpanda said:
MrMan999 said:
Un-Muting Habbo Hotel. Just wait until 4chan gets wind of this.
My thoughts exactly.
Thirded, welcome to six hours of the word ****** repeated unceaseingly. Actually I might be wrong, it might be AIDS, or allusions to pedophilia.