Habits You Got From Video Games?

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I was saying "Would you kindly..." long before I played Bioshock, but everyone who has met me since then thinks otherwise, so as far as they're concerned, I got that from Bioshock.

Also, I've always got my hands in a fist because of Condemned 2: Bloodshot. Granted, I always did that before the game as well, but now I've got a reason too at least. There are some pissed off hobos out there that need a beating.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Ducking down behind cover every time I make a (usually pretty audible) phonecall. I don't know why Snake even bothers.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Fusoiya said:
I tend to say indeed a lot if I agree with someone, not sure if I picked it up from games or from very very strange ventrilo conversations.
Yeah I doo that to...coincidence?!

OT: I tend to spike my hair in ridiculous styles and save the world on a regular bases...

Anywho I know I usually will go "by the nine" from Oblivion and "gentle push" thourgh crowds, Assassins creed

K84

Feb 15, 2010
I tend to say Hadouken!, at the weirdest of times.
Just saying it, not even shouting or anything....

And my girlfriend has the habit of using the "would you kindly" phrase,
when she's asking for something.
Can't decide if it's awesome or annoying.
Then again, i "hadouken" ....

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I shout Hadouken! when I punch something now. I'm suprised that I haven't been called out on it yet, apparently both my classmates and the teachers get the reference.....I find that to be suprising.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
After I started playing Dead Rising and whenever I was in a shopping center i was like "I could kick all theses zombies asses"

Mehall

Feb 1, 2010
Fox KITSUNE said:
From random RPG's I like to maintain a constant( but not creppy) level of eye contact at all times when talking to someone. Because of it I noticed how much people fidgget, look away or say "um" alot during conversation. It's wierd no one likes to look into peoples eyes or faces for that matter when they talk.... weird.
I always look at people's noses for some reason. Like, always. It's uncontrollable. It helps look like I'm maintaining eye contact though. (No, I don't look at the tip of the nose, I look up a bit, so it just looks like I'm looking at their eye level, when I'm in fact concentrating on between their eyes, at around the right level)

I struggle to maintain actual eye contact with someone. I prefer taking with several people and shifting my focus all the time.

Mr. Self Destruct

Feb 26, 2009
Jordi said:
I sometimes mistake Wiimotes for guns. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98944-Child-Must-Have-Thought-a-Gun-Was-a-Wii-Remote-Mother-Says]
i stopped reading this thread after this, it's just not worth it

sir, i applaud you

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Getting all my chores done in one go, so that I have the maximum amount of block-time to game.

Now that I think of it questing taught prioritizing my chores and correlating which ones I do based on their proximity to each other...zomg brain esploded - questing taught me better time management!

gtamad12

Apr 8, 2009
When I go for a driving lesson I end up thinking about racing games, and about getting to "first place" by getting to the roundabout before other people, thankfully I haven't actually done it yet, but my god the urge is overwhelming.

Also I have been saying "X over here" whenever someone is looking for something and I've found it.

Whiskeyjack

Jun 28, 2009
I know it's probably been said more than once, but checking corners, saying "Take point" or "Tango at ___ o'clock"... It all helps a lot, especially playing paintball

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
Fox KITSUNE said:
From random RPG's I like to maintain a constant( but not creppy) level of eye contact at all times when talking to someone. Because of it I noticed how much people fidgget, look away or say "um" alot during conversation. It's wierd no one likes to look into peoples eyes or faces for that matter when they talk.... weird.
I'm one of those people who has trouble maintaining eye contact (probably 'cause I have social anxiety) and I also think that if someone stares at me for more than 5 seconds, I get very uncomfortable.

Fallout 3's dialogues kinda freak me out with those soulless, perpetual stares of "interest".

*shudders*

Haberley

Sep 11, 2008
Always closing doors as soon as I go through them. Partly cos I live in a cold house, but mostly so that it'll take a Hunter that littl bit longer to get to me.

Also, driving around Oxford last week I realised that I was looking lovingly at the old buildings, what with their wide windowsills and heavy-set architecture... Assassin's Creed 2 has officially got to me.

JohnReaper

Jun 8, 2009
I Constantly Mental check my pockets and assign them invantory space and have one personal i tem i keep on me at all times

I also am known for squating down when I run when i Sneak around and i also do this one legged run where i twist my body around towards the left and run foward it looks like chris redfield running in the new resident evil excpet strafing I also mentaly twitch my fingers when i ma bored i mean really i grip the air infront of me like a controler

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
My thirst for blood.
Whenever I grab a water bottle I hold it like a rifle. When people fail at things I say:"Not enough (insert degrading RPG attribute or item here). Oh, and when angry I do a great imitation of the alien hiss.
I also will go to large buildings and imagine the escape routes and how a group of four can best hold of a zombie swarm.
Also from valve, I will imagine how to travel using the portal gun and call sandwiches the 'sandvich' now.
I also come to the escapist.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...I break vases looking for cash.

I call Coca-cola...Nuka cola.

Whenever I lose an agument, "I don't have your point...and F@ck you anyway!"

thegamermn

Jan 30, 2009
I find myself humming video game theme music alot, and thanks to Alone in the Dark I have grown terrified of dark places.

wizzerd229

Man of many Ideas
May 22, 2009
If this counts, i listen to more big band swing and old time music thanks to Fallout 3 and also thanks to Assassins Creed, i dont look at building for what they are like a post office or restaurant, i look at how easily i could climb it, also, my left hand always hovers the wasd keys