Hacker Steals Virtual Billions From Zynga

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Come on hacker guy, you never fence your own stolen goods even if they are intangible.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Maybe he thought that because no one really cared for Zynga, he wouldn't be punished.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Notsomuch said:
He stole millions of dollars? Unless he works on wall street I'm going to have to say that his punishment won't be a slap on the wrist.
He will probably get 18 months and be out in 6. He will spend his six months doing some gardening in an open prison.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
The sad thing here is some of the honest working people of this world can barely get enough real money together to feed their family or even just themselves.

Meanwhile a thieve steals digital, NOT real, GAMEdata and makes nearly 90.000 Dollars with it.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Of all the things to steal . . . well at least it wasn't billions of special edition cows on Farmville.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
While Zynga is one of those in the industry that I find annoying (please expel them from March Mayham) I'm totally on their side on this one. If one Blizzard found it that easy to wreck gold sellers.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Valanthe said:
Well I've no love for Zynga, but serves the thief right.
Yeah. And for a facebook game? Are you fucking kidding me? Reminds me of that lady who killed her baby because she was playing Farmville and the crying was annoying her.

I find it funny that people present arguments that games like GTA are violent and cause violent behavior when something like Farmville causes a mother to kill her baby. HA.

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
felixader said:
The sad thing here is some of the honest working people of this world can barely get enough real money together to feed their family or even just themselves.

Meanwhile a thieve steals digital, NOT real, GAMEdata and makes nearly 90.000 Dollars with it.
So true, except, you know, he's going to court now and is probably going to end up in jail and never actually be able to use the money that he "made."

Can't believe I'm on Zynga's side! Crazy.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Ice Car said:
Valanthe said:
Well I've no love for Zynga, but serves the thief right.
Yeah. And for a facebook game? Are you fucking kidding me? Reminds me of that lady who killed her baby because she was playing Farmville and the crying was annoying her.

I find it funny that people present arguments that games like GTA are violent and cause violent behavior when something like Farmville causes a mother to kill her baby. HA.
Well, I wouldn't blame the game so much as the person, because I prefer not to jump on the "games MAKE YOU AN EVIL MURDERER bandwagon", I guess the people who are in that particular bandwagon didn't bring it up much because they can't really justify this game as having caused it, in fact this works against them more than for, really...

anyways.

Kind of an odd choice, maybe their security isn't top notch but they'd have to suck not to notice someone selling chips for 50k Euros.

I've never really understood gambling...

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
He should be taken into a virtual backroom and "roughed up" by a burly security associate with very nice...rings.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Wait a minute here. So, Zynga is running an online poker game where people can exchange actual currency for virtual currency?

This is funny as hell to me. This game is actually, according to United States law well, illegal. I wonder how nobody managed to figure out that a game where you can continually pay real money to play, and is defined as a game of chance, that is played online is actually against the law.

I don't think they're in the wrong in terms of what they're doing to this guy, but that doesn't mean I have to like them for it.

Lord Xtheth

Apr 19, 2010
vxicepickxv said:
Wait a minute here. So, Zynga is running an online poker game where people can exchange actual currency for virtual currency?

This is funny as hell to me. This game is actually, according to United States law well, illegal. I wonder how nobody managed to figure out that a game where you can continually pay real money to play, and is defined as a game of chance, that is played online is actually against the law.

I don't think they're in the wrong in terms of what they're doing to this guy, but that doesn't mean I have to like them for it.
I think they might actually have a liscence to do this

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Hum... so he steals virtual items and is prosecuted for it and everyone here thinks that's perfectly fine but if he stole a game a number of people would rush to defend him with "but they didn't lose anything" interesting that.

I'm just the kind of guy who likes to see people burn for stealing but I hope they keep in mind that this guy probably doesn't have millions in cash on him.