Hackers Hit Anonymous Social Network

Connor Mulhern

May 28, 2011
Kair said:
That is a joke, and I find it funny.
Well then they got a Turk to do the prank, because the Turkish seems to check out, and that kind of English Grammar is consistent with Turks who have taken a couple of years of English in school

Edit: I would also like to add that Turks have a very strong sense of national identity, you never ever insult Atatürk. While most are very, very pro democracy, and super secular, there are always pockets of extremists.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Finally, hilariously ironic hacker rage-fests that don't involve harming services used by innocent bystanders.

*grabs popcorn*

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
Connor Mulhern said:
Kair said:
That is a joke, and I find it funny.
Well then they got a Turk to do the prank, because the Turkish seems to check out, and that kind of English Grammar is consistent with Turks who have taken a couple of years of English in school

Edit: I would also like to add that Turks have a very strong sense of national identity, you never ever insult Atatürk. While most are very, very pro democracy, and super secular, there are always pockets of extremists.
But there are always those who pin something on the Turks as a joke. I have seen it been done before on Muslims, Indians and Turks. If all those are not framed as a joke, it is very disturbing because it would show that many people are much dumber than I feared.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Hehehehe, cool. Hackers hacking hackers, gotta be some good times there!

Connor Mulhern

May 28, 2011
Kair said:
But there are always those who pin something on the Turks as a joke. I have seen it been done before on Muslims, Indians and Turks. If all those are not framed as a joke, it is very disturbing because it would show that many people are much dumber than I feared.
I know that, people always make fun of turks, I was just at a meeting where they spent half of the time making fun of me and the Turk, but linguistically, it checks out. It could easily be a joke, I understand that, but this is clearly not google translated, and I could see it being a group of Turkish hackers. I mean other than the former Yugoslavian countries and China, Turkey probably has the most hackers per capita than anybody else

Blind77

Jul 2, 2010
We Are TURKIYE. We Are AKINCILAR.

This logo suits you more..How dare you rise against to the World..Do you really think that you are Ottoman Empire?
We thought you before that you cannot challenge with the world and we teach you cannot be social
Now all of you go to your doghouse..
Who are they to go against Anonymous? Anonymous isn't exactly the same bunch of guys, whereas Akincilar is.

Those Turkish wannabe hackers are so going down.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Lol. I pointed this out early this morn.As well as the information about the hacking site.

And a few pointed out the new homepage in the thread about the social network before that.

Glad its starting to get noticed now.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
The group has a facebook group, which also leads to a website about the group. In turkish. Its supposedly connected to Cyber Warriors.
Connor Mulhern said:
Kair said:
I know that, people always make fun of turks, I was just at a meeting where they spent half of the time making fun of me and the Turk, but linguistically, it checks out. It could easily be a joke, I understand that, but this is clearly not google translated, and I could see it being a group of Turkish hackers. I mean other than the former Yugoslavian countries and China, Turkey probably has the most hackers per capita than anybody else

Kair

Sep 14, 2008
Connor Mulhern said:
Kair said:
Let us hope for it to be a joke. Poe's law applies here.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
AngelBlackChaos said:
http://bsve.berkery.nl/ - Example of a smaller hacked website.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=260242094894 - Facebook Group Cyber Warrior Akincilar Tim.
http://www.cyber-warrior.org/ - Website that the group connects to - I suppose its in Turkish?

It seems they are a legitimate hacking organization, with Tim being a entity within that group, from what I can gather.

It will be rather Interesting to see what comes out of this hacking showdown.
That is for those that want to look further into it. Did all the research earlier this morning.

Connor Mulhern

May 28, 2011
Kair said:
Let us hope for it to be a joke. Poe's law applies here.
Oh I understand that part, but as I have said, I understand Turkish well enough that the linguistics seem authentic enough, and Turkish is the kind of language where you need to understand it to write it, you cant you google translate. I see how poe's law applies, but that is not what I am basing my argument on. I am basing it on the fact that the Turkish was not pulled off of google translate.