Hackers: The new skill.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
sir.rutthed said:
Maybe you just suck at FPS games?
Is amazing how often this happens, as sad as it is.

Back in the day I used to have RL mates think I was walling/aimbotting, I invited them to come over and watch me play and they soon discovered that knowing the map and using your ears is generally enough for people to believe you're cheating, when in fact you just know the game better than they do and are quicker to react.

The "omghax" call is so ridiculously over used these days, and in 99% of the cases, the accusation is completely false and almost always unwarranted.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
MianusIzBleeding said:
Fayathon said:
>PC FPS players migrating to consoles

Not gonna happen, PC FPS players are too ingrained in playing with decent controls to change to consoles. Besides anyone on the PC can find servers that are minimalistic in hackers, hell I do it on a daily basis.
Im sorry but "decent controls"?
There is fuck all wrong with Analogue thumbsticks at all
You keep telling yourself that, but a mouse will always win out over a thumbstick in terms of aiming superiority.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
If you're noticing everyone in a popular FPS is cheating..

You suck at the game, stop blaming everyone around you. Minority? eh.. try clear, clear clear majority. I've been called a hacker a ton of times, I'm not even that good.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
RagTagBand said:
I've played a LOT of COD4, COD5, COD6 and COD7 and I -might- have encountered hacking maybe 3 or 4 times...over the course of 4+ years. I encountered more hacking while playing Planetside and even then it was a rarity.
I bought COD4 over the summer for the ol' nostalgia, and a full 3/4 of online Demolition matches are hacked. Its so bad that there are advertisements for hacking websites on the side of your HUD during gameplay, taking up half of the screen. Ground War is less hacked (about 1/3) but it sucks how far a classic game has devolved

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I play Combat Arms on occasion, stay for my mates, but the hackers are getting ridiculous there tbh. They have one that if you kick them from the game, it crashes YOUR client, instantly sending you back to desktop.

TLDR: Nexon sucks.

But yeah, script kiddies can go die in a flaming pit tbh

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
MianusIzBleeding said:
Im sorry but "decent controls"?
There is fuck all wrong with Analogue thumbsticks at all
A mouse is far more accurate when it comes to aiming than a thumbstick is. Movement may be better with an analogue stick (in some cases), but PC gamers can handle that too [http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2008/12/medium_logitechg13.jpg].

I disagree with the OP's premise that gamers will start migrating to consoles to escape hackers. Nevermind that there are hackers on consoles too, but with some games on PCs offering dedicated servers, you can simply find a server where hackers aren't prevalent and play there. Problem solved.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Baneat said:

You suck at the game
So people killing every single person the instant they spawn is me sucking?

Try again troll.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
TheDooD said:
I became a Hacker because being a Decker was SO stone age.
The genesis game had Deckers, the PC game had Hackers. The Genesis game was good. The PC game was shit.

DaHero said:
Baneat said:

You suck at the game

Try again troll.
No that's spawncamping. It's cheap, but it's not hacking.

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
I have never encountered a hacker on PC...

Consoles on the other hand... Try playing COD4 or WaW.
Every other server is hacked.

butternut

Jul 14, 2010
I've been playing TF2 on a pc for years now and I've only come across hackers in that twice in all my time playing.

I think your being just a touch paranoid...

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
DaHero said:
Baneat said:

You suck at the game

Try again troll.
No, that's the game mechanics sucking.

Play a different game mode.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Sorry mate but you are well and truly speaking out of your arse.

Legitimate gamers arn't the minority, not by far, hackers are a minority. In every game of lets say, Black ops, theres 12 players, and I can easily play for 20 rounds without seeing a hacker, and when they finally do join, most servers have auto kick features or good ol' admins to kick them.

I don't know what you normally play, but your statement isn't true in any sense, and no matter how much you whine, quickscoping will NEVER be considered a cheat. Believe me, I've trained in most games as a sniper, and I love me a high spot with a high powered rifle picking off targets, and getting called a noob sniper because I DON'T quickscope is pissing me off to no end, but it isn't hacking. period.

I agree some people are arseholes, and do annoying shit, but that dosen't make them hackers, they may make them unfair, but it is still legitimate, because I could do the same thing they do (camping quickscoping noob tubing what have you) and be just as good, I just don't want to because I like a fair fight.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Bullshit. Cheats have been around since gaming started. People have been trying to cheat in multiplayer games just as long. And lo and behold, it hasn't brought about the apocalypse. In fact, competitive gaming on the PC is fairly prolific, with games like League of Legends and Starcraft 2 having tournaments with major cash prizes, while competitive console gaming practically doesn't exist as far as I know.

I get the feeling that the OP got his arse kicked by a few cheaters and is now crying about it...

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Yeah... Sure, dude.

In a nutshell you are that guy that thinks someone hacks when they can't kill him.
That's not hacking that's just you being out-gunned by someone.

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
So...

If (Player 1 > Player 2)
{
Player 1 = Hacker; Player 2 = victim;
}
Else
{
Player 1 = n00b; Player 2 = skilled;
}

That about sum it up?

Maybe - and I'm just throwing some stuff around here - maybe they're actually decent at the game from practice. A good friend of mine has been banned for hacking from a GameArena Counter-Strike server. I was sitting watching him play; he is seriously just that good.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
I've seen one hacker in BF3 so far. He didn't even get to finish one round thanks to an admin. I could never turn towards consoles when cheat protection is this effective on PC and almost non existing on consoles once the cheater get past the first hurdle (modding a console).

That and M/K of course. And the smell of new graphic cards. And tons of RAM, cheap games and all the other stuff that makes the investment in a gaming computer worth it.

Dutch 924

Making the impossible happen!
Dec 8, 2010
I know peope say consoles are filled with them, but I haven't come across any, ever. Just those people who find a hole in the wall or manage to get above the map through some overlooked error