Hairy Chests. Your Stance?

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Ok. I've been at odds with a good deal of people whenever I go out on the town and I'll tell you why. Because of my chest. I am the proud owner of a magnificently hair chest. \

I consider my chest rug in the same class as Sean Connery's, Hugh Jackman's and Peirce Brosnon. Now whenever I go out on the town or even to the beach I always get mixed commments from my present company. Some Girls and Guys (surprisingly to me at least) tell me to shave it off while some admire it.

Now maybe it's the way I was raised but I always thought a hairy chest was a symbol of masculinity and power and all the maschismo stuff they ranted about in the 70's so I really find it odd whenever someone tells me to shave it.

So I ask you Escapists, whats your view on the chest rug?
Guys, do you shave it? What do you think of the practice?
Ladies, what are your thoughts? What do you prefer?

NOTE: This is note a thread about me shaving MY chest or at any time considering it. I spent a good chunk of my adolesence starring into the mirror and forcing my chest to grow all this so I'll be damned before I shave it off.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I am also a proud owner of a hairy chest. I don't care what anyone says, men are not meant to be hairless. It looks unnatural.

EDIT: I've had hair for so long it has become a part of my identity. I feel naked if I even shave my face smooth.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
While I do not sport a chest rug I have a fair amount of hair, and I don't have a problem. To be honest I'm indifferent. No one ever sees my chest anyway so it makes no difference.

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
I like my hairy chest and I have never experienced any problems with it from the opposite sex. I would never shave it.

Back, shoulder and ass crack hair I would/do remove though.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Eh, it is the choice of the person who is growing it.
But, I can't say I like them. They can be a bit of an eye-sore.
Eugh, just thinking of it... No, I prefer smooth and hairless chests, if I have to see them.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I haven't been able to really grow any notable hair there yet and I'm 19. All my hair is going facial which is perfectly fine with me. Personally I'm not so into the idea of having a more itchy chest but you never know. When I move back to Saskatchewan, a hairy chest could come in handy.

YoBadMama

Apr 21, 2010
I wouldn't, I just dont want to waste my time changing myself so I can make people I dont even know happy.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Depends on the magnitude, there's such a thing as too much, seen my mate, but that's abnormally hairy.

But it's generally thought of as manly. I myself sport some chest hair as well and am not shaving it off. It's a bit like that Greek saying... "There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless ? boys and women ? and I am neither one". I hold that saying for chest hair instead :p

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
I am the proud owner of a semi-hairy gorilla-tie. And I am not going to shave it off. Ever!

SmokingMirrors

Oct 3, 2010
As i've come to acquire through interaction with women its come to my attention that most nowadays prefer men shaven but as to my personal opinion on this matter i'd have to say that i'd agree with the consensus that chest hair is quite masculine so I wouldn't shave it.. if I had any to begin with.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
My chest is just like my personality... Smooth ooo yer.
All my current gfs have liked the smooth chests. Assuming theyv not just being lying to me my general experience has led me to believe most girls (or at least my type of girls) like hairless chests

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
I have no chest hair whatsoever.

I've never waxed, or whatever.

I am 19 :p

It might be because I'm half Japanese, but I'm an all-round very hairless person. I don't really care whether other people shave or not, but I don't generally see why women would find it attractive either.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I don't mind hairy chests OO. I don't really mind hairy most-things, but kissing people with beard is unpleasant >>. If your unsure, get rid of at least some of it. If your just looking for a quick "round" that'll probably be the way to go, but if you want a more permanent thing you should be honest the first time around and save yourself the awkward moments.

Just be nice... Nice girls respond to nice...

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
I am like a baby sasquatch, there literally isn't a part of me that I couldn't set fire too...

Sorry to go OT here but...Oh dear god Fred the movie...I am going to go live on the moon now.

...Tbh I'd rather be covered in vellus hair and not terminal.

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
DJDarque said:
I am also a proud owner of a hairy chest. I don't care what anyone says, men are not meant to be hairless. It looks unnatural.

EDIT: I've had hair for so long it has become a part of my identity. I feel naked if I even shave my face smooth.
Ninja'd, Real people are hairy, if they aren't they are children or unhappy with their natural appearance, Hairy people unite!

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I haven't been able to really grow any notable hair there yet and I'm 19. All my hair is going facial which is perfectly fine with me. Personally I'm not so into the idea of having a more itchy chest but you never know. When I move back to Saskatchewan, a hairy chest could come in handy.
It isn't itchy having a hairy chest, it is like having a bearded torso, warm and comforting lol

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
If God didn't want me to have a hairy chest, he wouldn't have given me one. It just means he wants me to survive the inevitable ice age that's coming.

The hair on my shoulders is just takin the piss though.

Hey, I'm a spiritual kind of guy.