Half-Life 2 for the PC is angering me...

fearofthemind

May 10, 2009
Whenever I play, the game freezes and the sound that was currently playing loops on and on. It is driving me insane. We have the requirements for the game, so why does it do this!?!

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
A bit more information on your problem could be helpful.

What graphic settings are you running the game at?

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Re-install Direct X?
Update the video/audio drivers?
Update the game?
Do a quick Google search for similar problems (And their subsequent fixes)?

That's my checklist for any game that may or may not work.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Don't worry; it's just your computer having an orgasm at being subjected to the immaculate design and perfect pacing of the greatest shooter in interactive history.

Good morning blues

Sep 24, 2008
Google around, see if there are any similar issues in the Steam support listings. If lowering the detail and quality settings doesn't work, try re-installing it.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
LiquidGrape said:
Don't worry; it's just your computer having an orgasm at being subjected to the immaculate design and perfect pacing of the greatest shooter in interactive history.
This summed my feelings up rather nicely.

But seriously, I'd update DirectX etc. if they aren't up to date and if the problem persists google it.

Theo Samaritan

Jul 16, 2008
Sounds like the guy is running out of date drivers.

LiquidGrape said:
I beg to differ. It was a great game in many ways yes, but its core mechanics were boring and old hat. Except the gravity gun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Theo Samaritan said:
Sounds like the guy is running out of date drivers.

LiquidGrape said:
I beg to differ. It was a great game in many ways yes, but its core mechanics were boring and old hat. Except the gravity gun.
I'd hardly call shooting and puzzles old hat and boring.

Does sound like a driver problem though.

Pyre00

Mar 17, 2009
From the information you have given me, I can definitively tell you that there are goblins coming into your room at night and sabotaging your computer.

TheSkaAssassin

Oct 12, 2009
LiquidGrape said:
This. Just keep playing and you computer will get used to it. /sarcasm

OT: Update drivers and/or directX

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Try reducing all the graphics settings to the lowest then raising them one by one. Also, AVOID ANTI-ALIASING and Anisotropic filtering, they do barely anything in my experience apart from make the game lag (oh, and you don't need v-sync).

Finally, it doesn't matter what the game looks like - I run borderlands at the very lowest settings just to make it ultra-smooth. I don't even notice the terrible graphics, I'm too busy killing stuff.