Half-Life 3 Live Action TV Trailer

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
It looks high enough quality to be a Half-Life 3 trailer, but doesn't look at all like the style of previous Half-Life games. The only thing in there that looks like it comes from a Half-Life game are the soldiers, who look vaguely like combine, but not enough to say for sure that this is a trailer for a Half-Life game.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
My first thought: 'This is going to be a troll isn't it?

My second: 'Wait a minute, this looks surprisingly legit...'

My third: 'Ok, now I'm not sure. It doesn't look fake, and those were definitely Combine troops, but apart from that there wasn't really anything to do with Half-Life in this trailer. Also, "Unicorn", wtf?'

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
LOL Youtube vid description: "And if you believed any of that then I have some WiFi cable to sell to you." XD

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Wouldn't this be on Valve's channel?
Plus, it seems pretty gorey for a TV ad.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
The only Half-Life related thing I can see in there is the soldiers who look a bit like the Overwatch and even then it's not that much of a resemblance (Gibberish radio-speak, white gas-mask, body armour).
It's too vague to not be a Half-Life trailer but than again it's too vague to be anything else either.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Another day, another Half Life 3 troll.

At least it was decent quality though.

Also, despite the undeniably Combine-ish look of those soldiers, I'm sure the original video has nothing to do with Half Life.

Aroddo

Feb 22, 2012
Baron von Blitztank said:
The only Half-Life related thing I can see in there is the soldiers who look a bit like the Overwatch and even then it's not that much of a resemblance (Gibberish radio-speak, white gas-mask, body armour).
It's too vague to not be a Half-Life trailer but than again it's too vague to be anything else either.
The second set of soldiers absolutely screamed 'Combine'. This had to be done!
Also, the short was pretty cool. All credit to the authors.

Moth_Monk said:
Seems legit.
Gotcha!
Still got the offer for some cheap WiFi cables, if you're interested. ;)

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
An almost 5 minute long TV trailer? Yeah um.... no. It's pretty well made but then again the Purchase Brothers already showed us that not only Valve can put out high quality HL based content.