Half-Life 3 Logo Appears on Mystery Website

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
It actually doesnt link to the Orange Box site, it links to half-life3.com, which redirects you to the orange box site.

Also, mouse over Half Life 2. It has a small blurb about it being a Half Life Trilogy

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Alright, while this page is to 99% fake, it's true that there are many hints for Half-life at the moment.
To name a few, the hl3 T-Shirt worn by a Valve employee or when you write "status" on a Valve tf2 server it says "Gordon", or for the Steam translation an example by Valve for gamerecomending "I really like Half Life 2: Episode Two, but it doesn't really feel like the end."

I've been debunking them as mere coincidences or just fans seeing things, the last few weeks.
But there are just too many now.
Also, this happened today: https://twitter.com/#!/Steamcast/status/149415750623432704

This guy is one of the three hosts for the "Steamcast Podcast" in the ep2 subforum on the Steamforums.
He was also heavily involved in the Portal 2 ARG and got called by Valve to go to Valve HQ and became one of the "kidnapped" people. He's a reputable person and wouldn't troll he hl fans because he is also one and knows how hard it is for hl fans.
So I believe him, he doesn't have a reason to troll us.

This means that we'll see a lot more hints about Half-Life in the next few months and e3 2012 is a big candidate to announce the game officially.
This would also mean that it won't take much longer for the game to be released since they mostly announce their game when they're in the finishing parts. I'd say, it won't take more than a year or two at most.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Could it be? Could it really be? Could we really be getting Half Life 3/Episode 3? Finally, after all this time.

Maybe, maybe not.

Must... remain... calm...

Please don't let this be a hoax. Oh god please don't let this be a hoax.
Roll that turtle-neck back up (both of them) and cool your jets Starsky, it almost certainly is I'm afraid.

OT: This whole thing is too sporadic for Valve, and unimaginative. A fucking T-Shirt with a HL3 logo, and a website? If the other stuff is the beginnings of an ARG, these two certainly aren't part of it.
My thoughts exactly. If Valve is starting a new ARG, it's more likely the first clue is the hidden easter eggs in the new TF2 map CP_Foundry. There are two hidden rooms reachable only by noclipping, and only existing on one side of an otherwise symmetrical map. One's hidden behind a door labeled "Top Secret" and is guarded by a soldier. Inside there is a sequence of numbers printed on the wall. "1961" with "13 22 13" directly below. And, above those numbers is the number "12" hidden behind a steel cross-beam near the ceiling.

This other stuff so far, aside from "maybe" the shirt seems a bit too pedestrian and sloppy on Valve's part.

The Urban Moose

Nov 9, 2010
"FW26HL3719" Well, let's see.

FW26: I don't know...

HL3: Half-Life 3!

719: July 19th, a possible release date.

Eh, who knows.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Irridium said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Could it be? Could it really be? Could we really be getting Half Life 3/Episode 3? Finally, after all this time.

Maybe, maybe not.

Hey, Irridium. Wanna know something magical?

Go on a VALVe server in TF2, open the developer console, then type in 'Status'. Read through what comes up. There's a name near the top...

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Vigormortis said:
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Maybe, maybe not.

Roll that turtle-neck back up (both of them) and cool your jets Starsky, it almost certainly is I'm afraid.

OT: This whole thing is too sporadic for Valve, and unimaginative. A fucking T-Shirt with a HL3 logo, and a website? If the other stuff is the beginnings of an ARG, these two certainly aren't part of it.
My thoughts exactly. If Valve is starting a new ARG, it's more likely the first clue is the hidden easter eggs in the new TF2 map CP_Foundry. There are two hidden rooms reachable only by noclipping, and only existing on one side of an otherwise symmetrical map. One's hidden behind a door labeled "Top Secret" and is guarded by a soldier. Inside there is a sequence of numbers printed on the wall. "1961" with "13 22 13" directly below. And, above those numbers is the number "12" hidden behind a steel cross-beam near the ceiling.

This other stuff so far, aside from "maybe" the shirt seems a bit too pedestrian and sloppy on Valve's part.
That's for something TF2-y. The pictures inside are of a Robot Heavy, Robot Demoman, looking through a gasmask and I don't know what the fourth is.

Anyway, since Robin Walker said that Meet the Pyro is going to be from Pyro's perspective, the secret thing on cp_Foundry is probably for Raid Mode and/or Meet the Pyro.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
My God.
Perhaps this is the beginning of the most epic Valve ARG ever.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
Kopikatsu said:
Irridium said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Maybe, maybe not.

Hey, Irridium. Wanna know something magical?

Go on a VALVe server in TF2, open the developer console, then type in 'Status'. Read through what comes up. There's a name near the top...
EXPLAIN. I'm too lazy to boot up TF2 D:

And bored of all these fake/barely meaningful announcements...
There is a line of text for the server status that can be made whatever the server admin wants.

VALVe servers have no server admin; and the server status is listed as 'Gordon'.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I always thought Portal and Portal 2 where the sequels to Half Life 2. Since it was basically where they where sending Freeman next. I assumed they where setting the scene for him to arrive there but didn't expect Portal to be so successful so they ran with it.

There's enough references to HL in those games.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
I always thought Portal and Portal 2 where the sequels to Half Life 2. Since it was basically where they where sending Freeman next. I assumed they where setting the scene for him to arrive there but didn't expect Portal to be so successful so they ran with it.

They are set in the same universe as Half Life, but we don't know if it's the same time or even anywhere near City 17 or Black Mesa. Half Life 3 probably will be set in the place the Borealis is, probably including the journey there. I don't think Valve will use Aperture Science as a setting in another game so soon after Portal 2, there really isn't much reason for Gordon and Alyx to go there, since the Borealis is somewhere else.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

They are set in the same universe as Half Life, but we don't know if it's the same time or even anywhere near City 17 or Black Mesa. Half Life 3 probably will be set in the place the Borealis is, probably including the journey there. I don't think Valve will use Aperture Science as a setting in another game so soon after Portal 2, there really isn't much reason for Gordon and Alyx to go there, since the Borealis is somewhere else.
Portal 1 and 2 are set somewhere in America (Ohio?), City 17 is a fictional city somewhere in eastern europe and Gordon and Alyx are headed north, so we won't see the Enrichment Center in Half-Life.
Besides, they're trying to separate the two games. That's why Portal 2 is set a few hundred years in the future.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

I just think they intended to make episode 3 or Half Life 3 but decided to stick with Portal which, originally, was to set the scene for the Borealis adventure.

So therefore they have given us Half Life sequels but no one thinks of them as that. Rather than everyone being confused as to why it's taking ages for HL3.

Even if they don't go to the enrichment center which seems likely from what you have said. I think Portal should still be considered as part of the series.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
An Aperature Science background? Things are going to go insane if this is legit.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
I'm betting money they are going to release the game on December 22nd, 2012...you know, if for some reason the world does just so happen to end on the 21st.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ToastiestZombie said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:

I just think they intended to make episode 3 or Half Life 3 but decided to stick with Portal which, originally, was to set the scene for the Borealis adventure.

So therefore they have given us Half Life sequels but no one thinks of them as that. Rather than everyone being confused as to why it's taking ages for HL3.

Even if they don't go to the enrichment center which seems likely from what you have said. I think Portal should still be considered as part of the series.
The Portal games definetly aren't direct sequels to Half Life 2: Episode 2. They are spin offs. They are self contained stories, the only thing they have relating to Half Life is Aperture's rivalry with Black Mesa. They may be spiritual sequels, but they were probably never intended as a sequel to Half Life. They aren't in the same series because they don't share a name, but they are still in the same universe. Everyone already knows that they are related quite closely to Half Life.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Well, so? I already have the possibility of booking my ex so I'm not surprised
http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/108558-half_life_3 (Swedish site)
They do also have some other interesting titles like "mirrors edge 2"..
I kinda doubt you can trust the release dates whatsoever... "Price, picture, product description and release dates are preliminary and may change"... :-D
And yes they are (mostly) serious, well maybe not about the release date but still...

I believe though that Valve feels somewhat like "We drawn out this a bit to much maybe it soon time to release this game which we just been polishing for the past 5 years..." But Hey it's Valve time anyhow i.e. when the stars align and the blue moon rise we might see a real glimpse of Half-life (ep?)3--..

Good news anyhow, lets start forcing our body parts unto Valve so they understand how much we love them...