Half-Life Barnacle Ceiling Lamp is the Best Worst Decor Ever

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Qitz said:
That....that is just FUCKING WEIRD looking.

Cool but just god damn weird.

Send one to Valve, maybe they'll give you a copy of HL3 they keep locked in their vaults to taunt us.
Funnily enough, they already have a barnacle in their lobby. Right over the reception desk. (awkward placement)

Ulquiorra4sama said:
I would not be able to sleep well with that silhouette in my ceiling.

However i'm curious... do you turn it on and off by pulling the thread or does it have a conventional light switch?
If it's a wall switch, it should be shaped like a small crowbar.

On second thought, one of these would be better:

SilverUchiha said:
Ninja'd

OT: I haven't gotten much experience with Half-Life (due to lack of free time anymore) but I would love to have it as well. That and the portal gun... and the gravity-gun whenever someone makes it.
Not that one can buy them anymore, but here you go:

Kataskopo

Dec 18, 2009
Wait wait, they have eyes? Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna lay down in fetal position a little.

I think they look a little.. green-ish, but in the game they look red-pink-ish.

LongMuckDong

Aug 23, 2011
That is bloody BRILLIANT.

Only work in the gaming cave though.. I feel visitors/girls would might freak a little and be less willing to partake in sexytime with that hovering over 'slow romance' couch.. lol

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
well that's one way to keep the mother-inlaw out of the house!

bkrockwell

Aug 4, 2009
Awesome, but no way would I want that thing in my house. Those things creeped me right out when I was a kid playing playing the first Half-Life.

synulia

Mar 1, 2011
Those things are the stuff of my nightmares. Honestly, the grunts from Amnesia have nothing on those terrifying, shrieking, slurping monstrosities, uuuuuuuuugh.

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
Callate said:
The barnacle's feeding is creepily similar to the New Zealand glow worm, Arachnocampa Luminosa. [link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arachnocampa[/link]

Fortunately, they're a lot smaller.
Cool! Thanks for sharing that bit of information.

OT: That lamp looks absolutely disgusting. I love it.

SaunaKalja

Sep 18, 2009
I'll buy a Barnacle-Lamp if I can also get a Poison Headcrab-[something you keep under your bed].