Halo 1 HD remake?

TheEverix

May 31, 2011
Why remake a game that is still perfectly playable on the console your remaking it for? Revenue raising aside, obviously, that's just brain numbingly ridiculous.

Of course.....people are still crying for a FFVII remake with better graphics, so maybe I'm just giving people too much credit...

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Baby Tea said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
No. Because the very thought of buying something that has no change other than "looks nice on my HDTV" almost makes me ill.
But that's not the only reason.
HD? Yes.
Also: XBL support and online co-op.

Yeah, you can go back and play Halo 1 again 'as is'. But only the singleplayer.
This revives the online and brings it into today, with full XBL support.

That's freaking awesome.
Online Co-op on Halo:CE I think my heads going to explode! :D

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im still unsure since halo one had a really good single player to it and I have a feeling that will get trimmed down so they can include less value and more multiplayer crap

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Worgen said:
Im still unsure since halo one had a really good single player to it and I have a feeling that will get trimmed down so they can include less value and more multiplayer crap
It's Halo:CE Remastered - Same game, with more added to it. :)

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
from what i see it just looks like a remake with the assets they allready had and it just looks weired and the chief looks ass, i might get it for old time sake though

fates_puppet13

Dec 20, 2010
Tibs said:
Probably not because I never bothered to connect my Xbox online. I think the last and final game I will get for it is Gears of War 3.
gears is awful
and as far as im concerned gears 3 will be gears 2 but would a pair of tits in the squad of fat space marines

OT:
i think it'de be a cheap effort to hit nostalgia buttons with minimul effort
anlough i'de still probably buy and enjoy it

alough personally i wanna see a HD remake of fallout tactics

Viking man

Aug 13, 2009
Yes
i am a huge Halo fan and Halo Combat Evolved is one of my all time favorite game so it will be cool to see an HD remake

whether it will be better than the original
we will just need to what a see

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
As long as they kept the gameplay extremely similar, because CE had the best straight-up shooting, running, jumping, grenade-throwing, and vehicle driving of all the Halo games. But I get the impression they would try to "fix" it by making the assault rifle super-accurate and tone down the pistol's power. If that were the case, forget it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
The first one is still very playable, doesnt feel dated or anything. Master Chief is really ugly on the remake and overall is kind of meh.

So no. Use the studio to make something new instead of a remake

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Halo 1 remake with some level design fixes would be awesome... But as far as it won't be seen on PC fast enough and its gameplay will surely be rebuild to suit further Halo issues (which, beginning from Halo 2 (which I played) and further (which I read of), I find awful), I don't really care much :)

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand the prospect of being able to play Halo: CE's co-op and multiplayer modes on Xbox Live is awesome. On the other hand, I'm not that huge a fan of the style the remake's going for. It looks like they just ported the game to the Reach engine and called it a day. Hell, there was even a Reach-style assassination in the trailer.

As much as I like Reach, It seems out of place in Combat Evolved.

Also, the Chief's helmet looks a bit off.

As I've stated before, I think the series would have been better off if Microsoft had allowed it to end with Reach.

YouEatLard

Jun 20, 2010
Probably not, but it's hard to say.

While is was an awesome FPS I'm not sure updated graphics will do anything for it.
Would you play the original Mario Brothers if it was in HD? Would Balder's Gate be better in HD? Would Diablo 1 and 2, Starcraft, Duke Nukem, Need for Speed 3, original or Half Life be better in HD?

Damn... Not sure. I guess I might jump at it, but I think I'd rather have the story updated (added on to) with the updated graphics as well.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
I'm extremely skeptical. I love the Halo series, but it is getting milked. I have no problem with spin-offs, Halo Wars was a fine game in my opinion, but it is going to be difficult to step into Bungie's shoes.

If this is an add-on for Reach, it will be a great move. If it is a stand-alone title that costs $60 I will not pay for it. I don't have a problem with a remake, but it is not worth $60.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I don't really think its neccesary.
It'd only really be for the people late to the party and don't want to deal with the original graphics (which think takes a lot of the fun out of it).
There's older games out there that deserve some attention.