HALO 4

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Whew, glad I didn't make a Halo 4 topic.

Unfortunately, there's not that much to say. The trailer was just Chief waking up as the ship he's on explodes.

Tibs

Mar 23, 2011
Fenreil said:
Whew, glad I didn't make a Halo 4 topic.

Unfortunately, there's not that much to say. The trailer was just Chief waking up as the ship he's on explodes.
My thoughts right here.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
We saw a teaser. It tells me almost nothing about the game, except Chief is back and he has a Reach jetpack for some reason. I'll have more input when I see actual gameplay.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Well I think that's good news. I personally enjoy the Halo games, even though it gets a lot of hate, for no apparant reason.

I wouldn't consider it "fucking epic" though. It's cool, but there're other games coming out I'm looking more forward to. Still going to get it, though.

We still don't know if Halo 5 and 6 are going to be on the next Microsoft console, or the 360. It's a pretty far-out-in-the-future announcement.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
It certainly took me by surprise, I definitly didnt see it coming, but i'm waiting to see some actualy gameplay footage

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Boneasse said:
Well I think that's good news. I personally enjoy the Halo games, even though it gets a lot of hate, for no apparant reason.

I wouldn't consider it "fucking epic" though. It's cool, but there're other games coming out I'm looking more forward to. Still going to get it, though.

We still don't know if Halo 5 and 6 are going to be on the next Microsoft console, or the 360. It's a pretty far-out-in-the-future announcement.
343 Studios is a Microsoft company, although not a done deal, but I would expect those games to be Xbox 360/Xbox 3rd Gen exclusives.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Baldr said:
Boneasse said:

343 Studios is a Microsoft company, although not a done deal, but I would expect those games to be Xbox 360/Xbox 3rd Gen exclusives.
I think you misread what I wrote ;) That's exactly what I meant. Whether or not 5 and 6 will be for the Xbox 360, or the next Microsoft console.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Even though it's not helmed by Bungie anymore I'm willing to give 343i the benifit of the doubt unless they prove otherwise.

Gotta say I was fanboying a bit during the trailer. And I'm happy that they're not releasing it til' holiday 2012. My biggest fear was that Microsoft was gonna turn it almost yearly like CoD releases. Longer development gives better quality.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I missed the trailer due to a bitchy mother. I hope it gets on XBL or somewhere on the internet soon. Kinda angry at her for making me miss it.

Gazisultima

May 25, 2009
343 Industries is comprised of people who used to work for Bungie, if I'm correct, a few of Bungies employees left to continue developing Halo including the franchise director himself. 343 Industries is Microsofts own studio specifically created to make things for the Halo franchise. They were behind the anime for example. They also made the Defiant map pack.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
the prove that microsoft is scared that they lose their exclusives. bungie did draw a line at the halo franchinse, but microsoft still goes on with the game. i though the hd-rerelease was lazy, but this?

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Not a lot to go on. Chief waking up, ship exploding, giant bigger ship right next to his. That's all they've said. Sure the trailer looks good but... so do all trailers unless the devs totally fail.

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
can't say im surprised, this and that halo 1 remake i heard about really shows how Microsoft is milking the franchise to DEATH but whatever.

i can't say im horribly excited but i am still somewhat interested...again i really couldn't care less about Master Chief but the supper massive forerunner tech was always neat.

seeing the trailer...well more jet-packs no surprise there, it looks like there may be some sort of weapon mod/attachments but i may just be seeing things.

of course with BUNGIE not in the picture anymore i can't say i am really not that confident.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Man, I can't imagine how the old Bungie crew feel about this...

Seriously, Let it go Microsoft and focus on new IPs. The old trilogy was awesome(still haven't played Reach). After Reach I'm done with this series.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
That's great and all, I'm mad excited by just the thought of it, but do you actually have a link to said trailer?