Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Review

BoredAussieGamer

Aug 7, 2011
Why the hell does this game exist?

No really, I can think of a hundred games deserving of a HD remake. This ain't one of them.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Speakercone said:
Titan Buttons said:
Speakercone said:
You defy me to name any other game which feels as fresh now as it did on release? Ignoring the obvious fact that games released very recently (like, this year) will have this quality, I'd be willing to nominate a few:

Team Fortress 2
Half life 2
Portal
Beyond Good and Evil
Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Galaxy
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario World 2
Gears of War
God of War
Dota

Halo also makes the list, but it's far from the only one. Also, I've never had a problem making my droid 'just work'. Perhaps you should try rebooting yourself? :p
None of them really re-defined or had a great an impact of there genera of games they are apart of. While portal and Half life 2 had great story telling with amazing stories but neither really re-defined the way in which a First person shooter is played.

Well maybe God of War and Mario Galaxy but I can't say anything about Beyond Good and Evil and Zelda: Wind Waker because I haven't played them.
You're moving the goalposts. The challenge was to find games that "feel as fresh now as they did on release." (paraphrased). Games which were gamechangers in their genre is a different thing. As you've kindly pointed out though, there are a few games in my above post which belong on both lists. Thus, Halo is not singular in this distinction.

Once again I'd like to point out that Halo CE was on release and remains today a really good game. It's just not the only really good game.
Oh sorry I thought we were talking about games which were gamechangers in their genre, as he did say that(paraphrased), so I'd agree with you on most of those games.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Titan Buttons said:
Well I believe a lot of people will get it because anyone who never got Halo 1 they can buy it now and not have to deal with out-dated graphics when you can get it with modern graphics, after all it is still a full game. Also anyone that is a halo fan and is buying this game probably already have the original game still

Persoanlly I can't justify paying $60 for a graphics update and a multipler map pack I will never use, even if it is to guy a great game.
Actually, it only costs about $40.
Then you got it cheap.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Titan Buttons said:
OhJohnNo said:
Titan Buttons said:
Well I believe a lot of people will get it because anyone who never got Halo 1 they can buy it now and not have to deal with out-dated graphics when you can get it with modern graphics, after all it is still a full game. Also anyone that is a halo fan and is buying this game probably already have the original game still

Persoanlly I can't justify paying $60 for a graphics update and a multipler map pack I will never use, even if it is to guy a great game.
Then you got it cheap.
No, it just doesn't cost full price, from any retailer. I got it for under £30 from Amazon new, by preorder (here the normal cost for a game is £40, because the pound is a bit stronger than the dollar).

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
OhJohnNo said:
Titan Buttons said:
OhJohnNo said:
Titan Buttons said:

Then you got it cheap.
No, it just doesn't cost full price, from any retailer. I got it for under £30 from Amazon new, by preorder (here the normal cost for a game is £40, because the pound is a bit stronger than the dollar).
I believe this is a difference in currancy sine the noraml full price for a game where I live is $100, $110 for a big main stream title, so $60 is still cheap here but I still can't justify paying that much for the game.

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
BoredAussieGamer said:
Why the hell does this game exist?

No really, I can think of a hundred games deserving of a HD remake. This ain't one of them.
Money .Halo fangirls love to trow their parents money for games like that .
I played it on xbox 1 and it was shit , wasnt anything fun about it .