Halo Franchise Director Says "Plenty of Chance" of Halo 5 Coming to PC

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The Cortana for the Aussie version of Windows 10 doesn't even feature the same voice actress who actually does Cortana.

Halo 5 on PC might be nice, depending on how much of the backstory you need to know.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
You people talk about the lore like Youtube and wikis ain't a thing. Hell, a friend, who's really into halo, said that most of the lore, that's more than just super soldier vs aliens, is in the books and comics.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Saulkar said:
I have no intention on getting it if 343 deliberately gimps it to only work on Windows 10 like whomever did so with Halo 2 and Vista.
That seems like the only logical course of action for Microsoft to cede the Xbone's only major exclusive going forward (or at least, the only one that matters even remotely).

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
"when asked if there is a chance of Halo 5: Guardians coming to the PC, stated that there is "plenty of chance.""

Hehe. Hehehehehe. HAAAAAAAAHAAHAAAAAHAAHAAHAAAA

Man, that's rich. Also, even if they were to do this: remember this. The last time they brought out a Halo game they forced you to use their horrible (then) new OS.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Well, given that the Xbox One and PC share the same processor instruction set and use the DirectX graphics API then a port to PC will be alarmingly easy, the only thing they have to do is add mouse and keyboard support.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Saulkar said:
I have no intention on getting it if 343 deliberately gimps it to only work on Windows 10 like whomever did so with Halo 2 and Vista.
Of course they will. And they'll use DirectX 12 as the excuse for it no doubt.
They tried to justify the vista thing with DX10, claiming they rewrote the entire graphics driver stack and couldn't backport DX10 as a result, which was pretty flimsy even if it was at least partly true...
With DX12 they don't even seem bothered to come up with an excuse as to why it's windows 10 exclusive...

Guy_of_wonder

Aug 28, 2014
Adam Jensen said:
You know what? If they can figure out cross platform play I'll gladly buy it. Also dedicated servers or bust.
Halo 5 with cross platform play with PC would break the entire multiplayer meta-game. Aiming is just so much easier with a mouse and you can't force PC gamers to play with controllers.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I can't imagine Halo 5 to not be a Windows 10 exclusive, just as Halo 2 was a vista exclusive.

Now just port the good ones over to PC, release Halo 2 again on PC, and we're gold.