Halo Infinite Delayed to Autumn 2021 - Likely to November 15th

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

We knew the game was delayed to next year already, but Autumn 2021, eh? (Suspected to be Nov 15th to coincide with the 20th Anniversary of Halo Combat Evolved).

That is a while. For a game that was supposed to come out a month ago, a 1-year long delay is pretty damning on the state of the game as it was, but this was very much so needed.

That said, is anyone actually excited for Halo Infinite?

I will always be a Halo shill, because the franchise is very nostalgic for me - Halo 3 was probably the first thing that I was ever really excited about - but I can't help but be very cynical about this game. I would probably categorise myself as being morbidly curious.

343 don't exactly have the best track record so far, so im not exactly confident that Infinite is in good hands. Halo CE Anniversary, 4 and 5 were divisive to put things lightly, and the Halo Master Chief Collection was broken for years. And from what we have seen/heard of Halo Infinite so far, with the campaign reveal in July, and the announcement that they will be removing the classic colour customisation system in favour of earned/paid skins, that trend appears to be continuing. Not to mention the all of the senior team members that have left the studio, recently.

I'll almost certainly be getting the game (again, Halo shill), but im not confident that this will be the big comeback that Halo needs.

Prove me wrong, I guess.

Last edited:

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Not sure I'd use the phrase "excited", but I feel like excitement towards videogames seems to have ebbed away with age. Not saying I'm cynical or such, I still enjoy games. Just don't really feel any excitement in the buildup towards a release.

But, when it comes out, I will give it a look. Anything this far off is a nonproduct to me, and not worth ire or praise.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I will always be a Halo shill...
I would have said the same prior to Halo 5 when it was made more than apparent that 343 had no idea what they were doing with the franchise. I enjoyed Halo 4 immensely, and even the MCC with its MP bugs managed to cram a lot of Halo content and nostalgia into a single disc allowing me to enjoy the franchise all over again with a friend who'd never played it. For those brief moments, I thought the franchise was in great hands... then Halo 5 backseated the Master Chief and tried to cram so many of the commonplace FPS tropes into a mixed bag of "we're just like everyone else" nonsense, and I lost respect and hope. The fact that this next Halo doesn't even have the balls to be Halo "6" lets me know 343 is milking it and milking US.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Hope they give the pc halo 5 because of the delay. Infinite looks pretty good, I don't know about the story since to me its been getting worse and worse since Halo 2, but the game play looks like just what I want from Halo.