Nov 18, 2010

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I love how after every time a studio does something like this and gets called out on it, they always hit the big red button and issue some boilerplate statement of how they strive for this and that yada yada diversity and inclusion, as if they need to remind us more-so than themselves.
I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. Juneteenth? End of slavery and liberation of black people? We can name it literally ANYTHING we want? Okay, let's go with some 'Internet toolset' that 'coincidentally' shares a name with a monkey." Some racist asshole was able to just slide it under the radar because his bosses were too busy counting the monies.

Reminds me of this famous faux pas; how NO ONE caught that it was utter bullshit will forever baffle me:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe that wasn't intentional. Juneteenth? End of slavery and liberation of black people? We can name it literally ANYTHING we want? Okay, let's go with some 'Internet toolset' that 'coincidentally' shares a name with a monkey." Some racist asshole was able to just slide it under the radar because his bosses were too busy counting the monies.

Reminds me of this famous faux pas; how NO ONE caught that it was utter bullshit will forever baffle me:

Or this one, also Juneteenth related.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Or this one, also Juneteenth related.
Jesus Christ...
Those imbeciles knew exactly what they were doing. They're trying to act so shocked, so people won't call them out. It's just recklessly lying to themselves for cold comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It just goes to show how much our media consists of merely talking heads. As soon as we have the tech that profession will be AI-based.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It just goes to show how much our media consists of merely talking heads. As soon as we have the tech that profession will be AI-based.
I think it was more about them wanting to be the first to drop bombshell news, and not vetting what was an obvious joke in piss-poor taste. Someone said "I'VE GOT THE NAMES OF THE FLIGHT CREW!!" and an exec snatched the piece of paper from that guy's hand, threw it at the guy running the teleprompter, and the news desk lady just read what she was fed. Failures all around. At least the Internet got a good laugh out of it.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I have to ask. Does 343 have ANY idea what they're doing at this point?
Nope. Kinda sad, really. They started alright with Halo 4, botched Halo 5, and now treating Halo Inf as some sort of Frankenstein monster.

Hate to say it, but Halo is dead for me now. It's not like 343 is gonna change their approach, and it's not like Bungie is gonna give up on Destiny 2 to help them out.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Not even r/halo is defending this mess of a PR lol
r/halo has been pretty sour on Halo Infinite since they announced that the game was replacing the custom colour selection, with paid-for colour combinations. It is no surprise that they are continuing to be sour here, as they should be.

They started alright with Halo 4
You mean the one where they inexplicably redesigned the series' entire art style, and warped the multiplayer to mimic Call of Duty as much as possible, with perks, loadouts and killstreaks?

botched Halo 5, and now treating Halo Inf as some sort of Frankenstein monster.

Hate to say it, but Halo is dead for me now. It's not like 343 is gonna change their approach, and it's not like Bungie is gonna give up on Destiny 2 to help them out.
I think the major sentiment in the community is that 343 has had too many chances, and squandered all of them. Halo 4 botched the multiplayer, the MCC was a broken mess, Halo 5 botched the campaign, and now Halo Infinite is both broken, and devoid of content.

By the time the Winter Update arrives on Nov 8th, the game will have been out for a whole year, and in that time, they have released a single new season, with the only meaningful new content being two extra maps that were released in May. Everything else - Forge, Co-op campaign, even per match XP (which they are releasing as a beta, for some reason) should have been there from the beginning.

To put that into perspective, a game like Destiny 2 released 4 seasons worth of content, and 2 major expansions.

People are saying that Forge is going to be Halo Infinite's big break, but the problem is, custom games are still broken, and even if they weren't, a custom game browser wont be included until March next year.

Im honestly ready to ring the bell on this game. What 343 is releasing is too little, too late. Even Battlefield 2042 has picked itself up, dusted itself off, and is now releasing content at a steady pace. 343 say that they don't expect the game to be in the state that they want it to be in, until Winter 2023. Assuming it even lasts that long.

Halo deserves better than both Halo Infinite, and 343, and I really hope that the studio gets the major shakeup it deserves, because 343's stewardship over this franchise has long since shot past being depressing, and is now just hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Jeez. They slammed their entire face into the live-service snack bowl, didn't they?
If they'd done that, they'd have pleased one side at least. Instead they slammed their face adjacent to the live service bowl, and keep assuring everyone that it will become a functioning live service model at some point in the future, when they figure out how to actually do that.