Halo Infinite to be design with PC in mind.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Yeah and Dragon Age: Inquisition was made by PC gamers for PC gamers.

Halo is always going to be console first because it is one of the few names Microsoft have to bring people to their machine.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
What?! Halo 1's story was great!
Not really. The story is presented competently, but it's a very simple one. Also, there's kinks in it - Keyes is stated to be looking for a weapons cache as if the player already knows this. The premise of the game starts with being a resistance to the Covenant, but this is dropped aside and never even remarked upon. There's only a handful of characters, and no Covenant ones whatsoever - which is fine at this point in the series, but makes it a step down from what came later.

The later games got too up their own asses.
Disagree.

But then 2 suddenly just goes full Lord of the Rings on you with prophets and arbiters,
Which is a good thing, because it helps flesh out the Covenant from faceless mooks to a society that has its own sense of history and culture. And I really don't get what the Lord of the Rings analogy applies to.

and sudden monkey-men aliens that never really feel like they fit in.
The jiralhanae? Disagree - they're a great foil to the sangheili, in that while both are obstensibly warrior cultures, the jiralhanae version is far more brutal, whereas the sangheili are shown to have a sense of honour and nobility. Helps that Thel gains a foil via Tartarus in the process.

Similar with Reach which was great cause they reigned in the plot instead of getting carried away with all this lore dumping.
Reach's plot is very simple when you get down to it, and what plot there is stretches the canon to breaking point, where Nyland basically needed to canon weld the events of 'The Fall of Reach' with the game. I don't mind that too much, but I'd hardly call Reach's plot in of itself spectacular. Now, if you want to talk about the presentation of the plot, specifically its tone and sense of progression (how you're constantly on the losing side throughout the bulk of the game), then it does it very well. But its plot in isolation is, again, simple. In contrast, something like Halo 2 utilizes a more complex, multi-layered plot from two main perspectives, and does a lot to grow the universe as a result.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Saelune said:
Worgen said:
Saelune said:
BabyfartsMcgeezaks said:
B-Cell said:
This could be best Halo game or first Halo game to be actually good? the previews were also sound better than previous iteration.
You do know that it will still be Halo, right? If you didn't like Halo before you won't like it now just because it's on PC.

OT: I read the news and it all sounds good but 343's treatment (Or killing) of the Halo franchise leaves me very skeptical about this one, if this game isn't a great Halo game then that might be it for Halo.
Honestly, Halo is a very inconsistent series. Halo 1, and Reach are amazing. Halo 2 and 3 are meh, Halo 4 is...super mediocre, not good, sure, but not as bad as people say, but forgettable otherwise. Halo 5 is just bad, period.

I have no idea if this next game is going to be good or bad. Like, I was sure I would hate Reach cause I was fed up by 3, but honestly, I love it more than Halo 1, but then we got 4 and 5...but who knows, Reach surprised me, maybe this will too?
I thought Halo 2 was the best in terms of story, with the first coming in a close second, but it played the worst of the whole series, with that stupid close up fov. Oh, and it also had the biggest blue ball ending I have ever seen in really anything. Usually things that end with a cliff hanger have a cliff hanger, Halo 2 just turned itself off.
Hawki said:
CoCage said:
Halo should have ended with 3 and reach,
While there's been post-Reach stuff, I agree. Halo 3 was a natural ending to the trilogy. Reach was a natural ending to the 'saga', to to speak. It's telling that Reach's epilogue now feels out of place in light of everything that's chronologically occurred after Halo 3.

Worgen said:
I thought Halo 2 was the best in terms of story, with the first coming in a close second, but it played the worst of the whole series, with that stupid close up fov. Oh, and it also had the biggest blue ball ending I have ever seen in really anything. Usually things that end with a cliff hanger have a cliff hanger, Halo 2 just turned itself off.
If I look at the campaigns of the first trilogy, it basically goes like this:

Halo 1: Best gameplay, weakest story.
Halo 2: Best story, weakest gameplay.
Halo 3: Middle-ground
What?! Halo 1's story was great! The later games got too up their own asses. It gave you enough so you knew enough of what was going on, but had enough mystery to make you wonder and yearn for more. But then 2 suddenly just goes full Lord of the Rings on you with prophets and arbiters, and sudden monkey-men aliens that never really feel like they fit in.

Similar with Reach which was great cause they reigned in the plot instead of getting carried away with all this lore dumping.
Thats why I said Halo 1 had a close second on best story compared to 2. Halo 2 had a big interesting story that I really wanted to see all the way through to find out where it was going. Halo one had a nice tight story that did everything it needed to be interesting and carry itself along.

I think the brutes fit in fine since you only facing a single fleet of covenant. Its totally possible for them to not be on it since it already seems like there are tensions between them and the elites.

... Well, Halo 2 had the most interesting story out of all of them but it was also pretty disjointed. Like you can feel how they had all these grand ideas, but not enough time to flesh them out so they are just kinda put together. I like all the elements but thinking back on it, it does feel like things were missing and in some kinda companion media. However, I still have to rank it a big higher since there was just so much I wanted to know more about, then Halo 3 came and crapped its story out in weirdly spiritual way.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hawki said:
Saelune said:
What?! Halo 1's story was great!
Not really. The story is presented competently, but it's a very simple one. Also, there's kinks in it - Keyes is stated to be looking for a weapons cache as if the player already knows this. The premise of the game starts with being a resistance to the Covenant, but this is dropped aside and never even remarked upon. There's only a handful of characters, and no Covenant ones whatsoever - which is fine at this point in the series, but makes it a step down from what came later.

The later games got too up their own asses.
Disagree.

But then 2 suddenly just goes full Lord of the Rings on you with prophets and arbiters,
Which is a good thing, because it helps flesh out the Covenant from faceless mooks to a society that has its own sense of history and culture. And I really don't get what the Lord of the Rings analogy applies to.

and sudden monkey-men aliens that never really feel like they fit in.
The jiralhanae? Disagree - they're a great foil to the sangheili, in that while both are obstensibly warrior cultures, the jiralhanae version is far more brutal, whereas the sangheili are shown to have a sense of honour and nobility. Helps that Thel gains a foil via Tartarus in the process.

Reach's plot is very simple when you get down to it, and what plot there is stretches the canon to breaking point, where Nyland basically needed to canon weld the events of 'The Fall of Reach' with the game. I don't mind that too much, but I'd hardly call Reach's plot in of itself spectacular. Now, if you want to talk about the presentation of the plot, specifically its tone and sense of progression (how you're constantly on the losing side throughout the bulk of the game), then it does it very well. But its plot in isolation is, again, simple. In contrast, something like Halo 2 utilizes a more complex, multi-layered plot from two main perspectives, and does a lot to grow the universe as a result.
You're saying simple like its a bad thing.

I am not saying Halo 2 should not expand on the lore, but it got way too convoluted and far-fetched. My guess is Halo 1 was not really considered to be getting a sequel but then it got super big.

The ape guys just feel shoe-horned into 2, then sort of are just there for the rest of the series. After 2, they definitely feel like an after-thought.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
I kinda stopped caring about halo after halo 4. Not that halo 4 was that bad but it did fall short of the other 5 halo games I already had. And when I heard that 5 had much less content than most of its predecessors I pretty much stopped paying attention.

On topic: halo infinite isn't out yet. It being designed with PC in mind is neat if you want to play it on PC or like halo but don't have an xbox. But I doubt that will magically make it much better or worse than it was otherwise going to be. It's halo so it will probably be somewhere from just fine to great.

Since some people are discussing which halo games are the best and in which order, the correct answer is obviously:

1. Halo CE
2. Halo 2

Then a gap

3. Halo Reach
4. Halo ODST
5. Halo 3

And beyond that I don't really know or care.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
Simplicity isn't good or bad in of itself - I've stated elsewhere that in theory, a simple story told well is better than a complex story told poorly. Still, a simple story usually means a, well, simple story, with little 'meat' to it. And Halo 2 is a complex (well, complex in comparison to the story of the first game) story told well, whereas something like Halo 4 is a complex story told poorly, and ODST is a simple story told poorly. So I'm certainly more favourable to the story of H1 compared to H4, but not so much compared to H2.

I am not saying Halo 2 should not expand on the lore, but it got way too convoluted and far-fetched.
Still disagree. Convolution occurs in Halo 4, sure, but Halo 5 reigns it in.

My guess is Halo 1 was not really considered to be getting a sequel but then it got super big.
Doubt it. You don't have Microsoft publish and advertise Halo, get a viral campaign and EU works published if you think it's going to be a one-off.

Halo 1's ending doesn't end on a cliffhanger, so if this was the only game in the series, it could have ended there without too much issue. But I doubt there were no plans beyond that. It wouldn't fit Bungie's M.O. (e.g. Marathon and Myth), and it wouldn't fit Microsoft's.

The ape guys just feel shoe-horned into 2, then sort of are just there for the rest of the series. After 2, they definitely feel like an after-thought.
Hardly for the "rest of the series" when they pretty much disappear after Halo 3, with barely any in-game representation afterwards (outside Halo Wars 2).

And again, disagree for the reasons given above.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hawki said:
Saelune said:
Simplicity isn't good or bad in of itself - I've stated elsewhere that in theory, a simple story told well is better than a complex story told poorly. Still, a simple story usually means a, well, simple story, with little 'meat' to it. And Halo 2 is a complex (well, complex in comparison to the story of the first game) story told well, whereas something like Halo 4 is a complex story told poorly, and ODST is a simple story told poorly. So I'm certainly more favourable to the story of H1 compared to H4, but not so much compared to H2.

I am not saying Halo 2 should not expand on the lore, but it got way too convoluted and far-fetched.
Still disagree. Convolution occurs in Halo 4, sure, but Halo 5 reigns it in.

My guess is Halo 1 was not really considered to be getting a sequel but then it got super big.
Doubt it. You don't have Microsoft publish and advertise Halo, get a viral campaign and EU works published if you think it's going to be a one-off.

Halo 1's ending doesn't end on a cliffhanger, so if this was the only game in the series, it could have ended there without too much issue. But I doubt there were no plans beyond that. It wouldn't fit Bungie's M.O. (e.g. Marathon and Myth), and it wouldn't fit Microsoft's.

Hardly for the "rest of the series" when they pretty much disappear after Halo 3, with barely any in-game representation afterwards (outside Halo Wars 2).

And again, disagree for the reasons given above.
Can you even tell me what happened in Halo 2?

Disagree with what? Halo 4 and 5 arent good either.

Bungie made the game though, not Microsoft.

I dunno, sounds more like you agree they were pointless. They just seemed like a gimmick of Halo 2.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
Can you even tell me what happened in Halo 2?
Off the top of my head?

The game starts on October 20, 2552 (by UEG reckoning), and in the Seventh Age of Reclamation (Covenant reckoning). The game starts off with contrasting perspectives between John-117 and Thel 'Vadamee. In the case of the latter, John is on ODS Cairo, getting Mk. VI MJOLNIR armour. Earth is pretty tense as they know a Covenant fleet is coming (as per the events of Halo: First Strike), and with Reach having fallen, Earth is effectively humanity's last bastion of power. In contrast, Thel is on High Charity, which has parked itself at Alpha Halo. Thel's been called to account for his failure to save the ring from "the Demon" (John). Cue contrasting scenes. On Cairo, John and Avery Johnson are getting awards (with Miranda Keyes getting an award on behalf of her father), while Thel is judged as being guilty of heresy and is branded by Tartarus. It's worth noting that the three prophets (Truth, Mercy Regret) are overseeing his trial, though Regret isn't physically present on High Charity.

From this point, the story focuses on Earth. Regret's fleet arrives, but it's miniscule compared to the one that attacked Reach. Not good for the Covenant, considering that while Reach had 20 ODSes, Earth has 300. The Home Fleet stays within the kill zone, prompting the Covenant to launch boarding craft to take out the platforms rather than attempting a head-on assault. John helps the Cairo repel its borders, while Miranda and Johnson head for UNSC In Amber Clad to join the fight. Things take a turn for the worse when Athens and Malta (the stations) are destroyed by bombs, leading Admiral Terrence Hood to guess (correctly) that there's a similar bomb aboard the Cairo. John's able to defuse it in time. However, two of Regret's carriers have broken through and are headed for the surface. John is able to use the bomb to destroy one of the carriers, while Regret's carrier still heads planetside. John boards In Amber Clad and they also head for the surface.

Cue to the Battle of Mombassa as Covenant forces establish a ground presence. During the fighting, Cortanana reveals that the Covenant didn't know that humanity was on Earth, or that Earth is humanity's homeworld, which accounts for the miniscule fleet size. After fighting through the city and the destruction of a Scarab, Regret is forced to retreat. He does this by performing a slipspace jump inside the city itself. In Amber Clad pursues the ship through the slipspace rupture, which damages a large part of the city in its wake.

Cut back to High Charity, where Thel is brought before Mercy and Truth. While the council wants him dead for his "heresy," Truth acknowledges that Thel is no heretic. Rather, he has a different solution in mind of making Thel the next Arbiter - given the tasks of the Artbiter, he's pretty much guaranteed to die anyway. For his first task, he's assigned to a Forerunner station within the clouds of Threshold, which is hosting a heretic faction led by a sangheili (forget his name), claiming that the san 'shyuum have deceived the sangheili and will lead them to ruin. He takes part in the mission under the command of Rtas 'Vadumee, the Half-Jaw. Things are tense between the two of them, given Thel's failure at Alpha Halo. Regardless, they make their way through the station, killing the "heretics" and later, the Flood. Thel confronts the leader, who's revealed to be in contact with an Oracle (Monitor), speicifically 343 Guilty Spark. Thel kills the leader, but Spark is confused by the apparent adulation given to him by the Covenant. Nevertheless, Spark is incapacitated by Tartarus, and they return to High Charity.

Cut back to John, where In Amber Clad has emerged from the slipspace jump in orbit of another Halo - Installation 05/Delta Halo. Regret's already deployed troops on the surface. John takes part in an ODST assault to secure a beachhead, allowing UNSC forces to land. On the surface, Cortana picks up Covenant chatter - Truth's pissed by Regret jumping the gun in regards to attacking Earth. But speaking of Regret, through a hologram, John and Cortanana learn that he intends to activate the Halo ring, which, as they learnt in H1, would be a very bad thing. Miranda orders John to assassinate Regret, while she finds the Index, which Regret will need to activate the ring. On their way to Regret, above the Halo, John and Cortana see the arrival of High Charity and its fleet - larger than any fleet the UNSC has ever seen. On a timer, John is able to assassinate Regret, but a Covenant ship opens fire on the site. John is able to avoid the beam, but does so by jumping into the waters below, the blast knocking him unconcious. As he sinks, tentacles from the depths emerge and pull him down.

Cut back to High Charity, where things aren't well. The jiralhanae are replacing the sangheili as the guard of the prophets, and a lot of the sangheili aren't happy about that. Truth justifies this by stating that with the death of Regret, it's clear that the sangheili can no longer guarantee the san'shyuum's safety. Rtas points out that Phantoms had been dispatched, and Truth gave the order for them to withdraw, but Truth shuts him down. Thel keeps his feelings on the matter guarded, but points out that the sangheili have always been the protectors of the san'shyuum. But putting that aside, Truth reveals Delta Halo. Mercy shows him Spark (the Oracle), stating that after being questioned, Spark revealed the manner to activate the ring - the Index. Thel and a sangheili force are sent to Delta Halo. On the way, Tartarus tells him that "the Demon" (John) was the one who killed Regret - the same one that destroyed Alpha Halo and cost him evertyhing. Tartarus sees through his claims that the Index is his only concern. But that aside, what's ALSO his concern is that the Index is located in the Quarantine Zone, which is now a battlefield between the Flood and the ring's Sentinels. The Flood have infected both Covenant and UNSC forces, and a three way battle erupts as Thel makes his way to the Index chamber. As it turns out, Miranda and Johnson have beaten him to it, but he's able to incapacitate them. At this point Tartarus arrives, taking Miranda and the Index, before turning on Thel. He reveals that the jirahlanae are planning to attack the sangheili, and that he's here to kill Thel himself. He further reveals that this is on orders of the san'shyuum. he blasts Thel with his gravity hammer, and he falls into the depths of the facility. However, he's saved by the same tentacles that rescued John earlier.

Speaking of John, we get back to his POV, as he finds himself in the clutches of a Gravemind. Company is joined by Thel, who's less than enthused to see "the Demon" that destroyed Alpha Halo. The Gravemind uses the reanimated corpse of Regret and the monitor of Delta Halo (2401 Penitent Tangent) to reveal the truth to Thel - the Great Journey is a lie. Halo is a weapon. Thel refuses to believe it, and neither John nor the Gravemind can convince him. The Gravemind uses the ring's teleportation system to send them to find the Index, to stop the activation of Delta Halo. John arrives at High Charity, while Thel is sent near the ring's control room.

High Charity has fallen into panic. The fleet is engaged in civil war (the Great Schism) as the sangheli and jiralhanae have turned on each other. Furthermore, the Covenant is aware of the release of the Flood on Delta Halo and the city's citizens are panicking. Truth, addressing the city, tells them to remain calm, revealing that in his hands lies the Index. The sermon is interrupted as John appears in the room via teleporation. Truth and Mercy escape, and bid the jiralhanae kill John. He fights his way out and finds High Charity in the midst of civil war. He fights his way through the city, pursuing Truth, even rescuing some marines on the way. However, In Amber Clad crashes into the city - it's been hijacked by the Flood, and High Charity begins to be infected. John fails to make it to the prophets in time, who are parting ways. Truth entrusts Tartarus with the Index and Miranda, while he intends on taking the keyship to Earth. Mercy is attacked by a Flood infection form, but Truth leaves him to die.

Cut back to the surface of Delta Halo, where Thel also finds himself in the midst of the Great Schism. On one side are the jiralhanae, kig-yar, and yaname'e. On the other are the sangheili, unggoy, and lekgolo. Along the way, Thel discovers that the High Council, which had come to the Halo to see its activation, has been murdered. Eventually, he comes across Rtas, who's still alive, and still fighting. Furthermore, he also encounters Johnson, who's driving a Scarab.

Cut back to High Charity, as John encounters Mercy, still being infected. He tells him that Truth is taking the keyship to Earth. Cortana tells John that he's got to get onboard the ship, while she stays in High Charity's systems to delay the launch. This will mean that she has to stay behind. She also states that if the ring is activated, she'll detonate In Amber Clad to destroy Delta Halo, similar to how they used the Pillar of Autumn to destroy Alpha Halo. As John makes his way after Truth, High Charity is being overwhelmed by the Flood. Cortana reveals that there's an intelligence on the ship that's fighting back against her (Mendicant Bias, though this isn't revealed until Halo 3). John makes it onboard the keyship in time, hitching a ride onboard, leaving Cortana on High Charity, now overwhelmed by the Flood.

Cut back to Delta Halo, as Thel and Johnson team up to make their way to the control room. Johnson drives the Scarab while Thel uses a Banshee. They make their way inside, finding Tartarus trying to force Miranda to use the Index to activate the Halo (which only humans can do per their status as Reclaimers). Thel confronts Tartarus, and gets Spark to tell the truth about the Halo Array - the Halos aren't divine instruments, they were weapons of last resort used by the Forerunners to defeat the Flood. The Forerunners are now dead, not ascended. The Great Journey, the entire foundation of the Covenant, is a lie. Still, Tartarus refuses to believe it, and forces Miranda's hands down, activating the ring. A battle erupts where Thel and Johnson kill Tartarus. Miranda pulls the Index out, interrupting Delta Halo's firing sequence. While the array hasn't activated, it's now capable of remote activation from a place called the Ark.

Cut back to Earth, which is now under attack by the Covenant fleet. The keyship emerges in-system and is picked up by the UNSC. John contacts Hood, telling him as to what he's doing the ship, that he's "finishing this fight." Meanwhile, on High Charity, now a Flood hive, the tendrils of the Gravemind close in on Cortana.

Disagree with what?
That Halo 2 was convoluted or damaged the lore.

Halo 4 and 5 arent good either.
Yes to the first, no to the second.

Bungie made the game though, not Microsoft.
Microsoft is the publisher, and publishers can pull a lot of strings. If you want an example of this, look at the relationship between Bungie and Activision.

I dunno, sounds more like you agree they were pointless.
The lack of jiralhanae post-H3 doesn't make them pointless in the context of the games they appear in. And even then, we know what the jiralhanae have been up to post-H3, just that they haven't appeared in many installments.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
I just want to point out that Halo used to make great music until Halo 4 onward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXTBAGv9ZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUD9dX0aNBs&t=0s&index=5&list=PLC7DFC1FA9633E0EC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYXcTWdgcY&list=PLVFu5mCs8PVgJlZEDiwDRuBUMHbgX1oss&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkV7YpM6zxE

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Samtemdo8 said:
I just want to point out that Halo used to make great music until Halo 4 onward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUD9dX0aNBs&t=0s&index=5&list=PLC7DFC1FA9633E0EC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bYXcTWdgcY&list=PLVFu5mCs8PVgJlZEDiwDRuBUMHbgX1oss&index=4

Not great, the best. In my opinion, Marty O'Donnell is the best VG composer ever, I was really upset when I learned that he was fired by Bungie and that he didn't get to do the soundtrack for the Destiny games, the dumbest thing Bungie's ever done...after signing a deal with Activision that is.

The composers for 4 and 5 left 343i though, would be amazing to see Marty return for Infinite.

EDIT: Here's my ranking, I'm not gonna include ODST because I don't really think it's a full game, it's more like an expansion that I really liked.

1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo: CE
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo Wars 2
6. Halo Wars
7. Halo 4
8. Halo 5

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Hawki said:
If we're playing the ranking game:

8) Halo 3: ODST
7) Halo 4
6) Halo Wars
5) Halo 2
4) Halo 5: Guardians
3) Halo 3
2) Halo: Reach
1) Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 3: ODST has such an amazing soundtrack. I already really liked the game but the soundtrack just helped make the game even more awesome.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Samtemdo8 said:

The music at about 1:30 of your 2nd link reminds me a bit of the first time I fought one of the giant tank AT type vehicles (Scarab?). Fantastic scene.

EDIT: At about 1:30 of this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVsoUx_DAno

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Yeah that's cool and all can't wait but

I haven't played the games since about 2014 and I've not even touched Halo 5, so I'd rather get the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 (and hey, give us Halo Reach while you're at it) on the PC before I get Infinite. As it stands I won't buy Infinite if I can't at least re-experience the previous games and play through Halo 5, first.

EDIT:
Sure, I'll play the ranking game.

1. Halo: Combat Evolved (and the remaster)
2. Halo 3: ODST
3. Halo 4
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo 3
6. Halo 2

Nostalgia for the first game plus a love for its levels trumps the others, followed by my love of isolation and exploration in gaming giving ODST second place.
The Chief cracking and showing emotion is what puts Halo 4 so far up, combined with how far it pushed the 360 at the end of its life span. The Prometheans were a nice concept but poorly executed, however. [sub]Fuck the flying shield drones.[/sub]
The feeling of encroaching helplessness and the epilogue last stand is what makes me adore Halo Reach above 3 and 2.
As for 3 and 2, I absolutely love both games, that's just where they ended up.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Bernzz said:
The Chief cracking and showing emotion is what puts Halo 4 so far up,
Much as I dislike Halo 4, John, Cortana, and the relationship between them are easily the best elements of it, narratively or otherwise.

The Prometheans were a nice concept but poorly executed, however. [sub]Fuck the flying shield drones.[/sub]
For what it's worth, they're more enjoyable to fight in H5.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Cool.

I'll be interested again when the multiplayer is microtransaction free and the story stops being legally brain dead. Also when they make the Elites more like Elites and not just discount Brutes. And their designs are less god awfully ugly. Also Brutes, what happened to them? Is there a clause saying they're only allowed to be in the spin off games now?

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I mostly just hope they design Halo Infinite with Halo in mind rather than following whatever the new "standard" in the industry is. I just want Halo to be Halo again, though I'd settle for just having a good campaign after the garbage fire that was Halo 5.

If we are talking ranking I have to split them between campaign/multiplayer
1. Halo 2/Halo 3(best features)
2. Halo ODST/Halo CE(best core gameplay)
3. Halo CE/Halo 2
4. Halo 4/Halo Reach
5. Halo 3/Halo ODST
6. Halo Reach/Halo 5
7. Halo 5/Halo 4