Halo ODST versus COD 6 Modern Warfare 2

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Depends upon your tastes, really.

I think ODST's single player and cooperative modes (including Firefight) offer a lot more replay value than CoD:MW2's; if you're in it for the campaign, ODST might be your better bet. (I base this largely on CoD's AI engine, which is strongly scripted; once you've played through once, you can pretty much call what's going to happen on every subsequent play-through. Halo's AI mixes things up a lot more so replays are less predictable and more emergent.)

If your eye is more towards the multiplayer, though, ODST's is identical to Halo 3's with a few new maps added... if you're pinching pennies, MW2 probably offers the bigger return for versus play.

-- Steve

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Random argument man said:
If you buy Modern warfare 2, you give a few more dollars to Activision. If you give more money to Activision, another baby seal will be fed to Bobby Kottick. It will make him even more evil.

Don't support the death of a baby seal...

EDIT: Or you could just flip a coin...
But if he pays for ODST he'll be giving more money to MS.

MW2 looks miles better. They've even been kind enough to update the graphics engine (pay attention Bungie).

Seriously though, I'd say MW2. The CoD games are better than Halo (in my opinion, be still thy beating fan boys' hearts). Gameplay looks more interesting (over previous iterations and the Halo series), the engine's been updated and there seems to be a lot of action packed set pieces. Not to mention the refinement of existing features and the superb multiplayer it's likely to have.

If you like Halo more then CoD though, then buy Halo.

Semitendon said:
The end is what do YOU want. uber realism or spacey fun.
Good God man, CoD is not realistic!

Datsle

Feb 4, 2009
Hm, i hear all the time how Microsoft priced ODST full price and how its so short.

1. I bought it brand new, from a BIG store where i live for 1/3 of 'a new games' price. 20$ of your 60$. I've also seen it priced that way in every other major gaming shop here.

2. 6-8 hour campaign, Firefight (Yes its a clone, but who the f'ck knows who made the "Hordes and hordes" mode in the first place, and its very fun.)

3. All the DLC from Halo 3 for free.

So in some way, i can understand the frustration if you are a major halo 3 fan, and have all the DLC. but then you would'nt care because of the campaign and firefight.

well atleast i've gotten loads of time with ODST, but that doesnt stop me from getting MW2 neither.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I personally never liked the call of booty games. Why play as a normal boring soldier using normal boring weapons when you could play as a super space soldier using super space weapons?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Bored Tomatoe said:
Chicago Ted said:
Take the middle option, get Borderlands!
I'm with this dude. ODST and MWF2 both look kinda eh to me. I'll probably get them in January when they're cheap.
You do realise they won't be cheap? In England I'm seeing second hand copies of Halo 3 and CoD: MW for £30-35.

OT: Just get something else, like Borderlands. I might pick it up when I get enough money together.

Grassassassin

Jun 21, 2009
lasherman said:
Bored Tomatoe said:
Chicago Ted said:
I'm with this dude. ODST and MWF2 both look kinda eh to me. I'll probably get them in January when they're cheap.
Triple-agree. God, I want Borderlands!
Er..fourthed..?

Between Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3:ODST though I'd say MW2, since you said you enjoyed all the Halo and CoD games I'll assume you have Halo 3, In which case MW2 is worth it more.

Ben7

Apr 15, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 is a nice step forward from MW1 if you enjoyed that. Your guranteed an excellent 6-10 hour-long campaign with great cinamatics, in depth story and characters you might actually get attached to(I MISS GAZ :/).

Theres spec ops, a series of co-op missions including snowmobile races.

A whole new set of weapons, customizations including kill streaks this time, and theres other shiny stuff to be had, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMXZNwLnME , hope thats for the pc version aswell.

Theres a new graphics engine in place which again is nice improvement from COD4.

Ive never played Halo/ODST so I cant say anything for or against that.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Unless you a big Halo fan(like me) then ODST might be a little overpriced. Then again, if you live in the U.K. you're getting ripped off by Activision. Unless you have a lot of friends willing to play firefight or didn't buy Halo 3 and the map packs then I would go for MW2 because the MP will probably last you longer then Firefight.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
Chicago Ted said:
lol @ any notion that MW2 will ever be cheap. The original MW is still pretty expensive and it's 2 years old. Get it in January when it's cheap? January of 2012, maybe.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Oh boy! A versus thread! With Halo! This guy's just racking up the offenses!
You've actually posted in this thread before. This was made in September.

OT: I'd go with a dice roll. Evens, get ODST. Odds, get MW2.
[small]The Dice Lord rocks.[/small]

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Uncompetative said:
chozo_hybrid said:
I'm not getting either, Section 8 is my choice for current releases :)
You are sure about that, having played the demo?
Quite :)

I enjoyed it and bought the game :D I just liked it because it was different and that's what I was looking for :D

cowdude457

Oct 25, 2009
ive played halo odst and its only campain firefight and theatre and nothing else.Id rather wait for modernwarfare2 even if u were a halo fan because halo odst suck dick.If u only enjoy games for their campain then halo odst is for u but there are only like 7 missions in halo odst.if u ask me i think halo odst is a waste of money, besides they make u pay full price because they put halo3 with it when u buy it.halo odst is just 1 big GAY installment!!!!!!

cowdude457

Oct 25, 2009
no one should suffer like i did when i thought odst was a good game. please dont make urself suffer like i did.i made the biggest mistake of my life buying halo odst!!!!GAY ass bungie said it was supposed to be the best halo ever but i thing it should fuck itself in hell for eternity.if i were u Id rather buy MW2.please dont make the mistake i did by buying the gayest game in human history!!!!!