Halo Player Suffers For Accolades

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Halo Player Suffers For Accolades

A Halo 3 fan who won accolades for a popular game video has been griefed by other players envious of his in-game status.

SkyllusvBi, a player in the professional gaming squad Team vBi, received a rare 'Recon Armor' accolade from Bungie for his video efforts.

Available only to a handful of company employees and community members, the coveted in-game status symbol has drawn the ire and envy of other gamers who have hacked into Skyllus' account.

His Xbox Live account has been hacked three times since late October and the latest attack is the most serious.

An apparently lethargic customer support team has told him he could not regain control of his own account, which allows for online multiplayer and contains personal and credit card information.

After several hours of pressing customer service, however, Skyllus was informed that Microsoft would investigate the incident.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/]

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Wow thats really sad that people would hack his account just because he has something in a videogame that they don't.

If you want to see the bad side of humanity look no further then Xboxlive

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
Fire Daemon said:
Wow thats really sad that people would hack his account just because he has something in a videogame that they don't.

If you want to see the bad side of humanity look no further then Xboxlive
delete all posts (besides this one and the first one) and close this toppic. this man has said it all.

Dom Camus

Sep 8, 2006
portuga-man said:
this man has said it all.
Not quite. Because there's also the issue of why this case took several hours to get help from customer services. That's ridiculously bad, particularly considering the problem related to an account hack (which ought to be impossible).

qaqa1

Dec 3, 2007
His Xbox Live account has been hacked three times since late October and the latest attack is the most serious.

Yes quite impossible.

Maby he just has a really lame password like qwert

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Kwil said:
More to it. If you follow the forum thread [http://www.team-vbi.net/teamvbi/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3826&st=0&sk=t&sd=a] where this started, it's really quite the interesting read. The hacker actually posted in the thread of this guy's clan and started a massive storm of reaction.
I just read that, and after seeing the hackers posts in which he at first tries to act like they have no proof on him and then say he did it, and then say he can't hack and then say that he will hack the website for trying to bring him to justice.

This kid is a stain on the Gamming comunity, and even though he may fade into the cyber mist people like him and the o infamous o clan (aparently their all hackers) will stay on to ruin our enjoyment.

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
Wow(not the game,the exclamation) that is deeply shitty,and just the sort of "internet gangster-ism" that true anonymity brings out in people,
I'm afraid that tracking the people to blame down and performing my own brand of "Hacking" (meat cleaver,machete,katana,paper sprinkled with lemon etc) would be the only way I would feel that justice had been done in this case,but then again I solve all my problems with senseless violence(even the technical ones,which is hard on my computer let me tell you :)

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
schiz0phren1c said:
Wow(not the game,the exclamation) that is deeply shitty,and just the sort of "internet gangster-ism" that true anonymity brings out in people,
I'm afraid that tracking the people to blame down and performing my own brand of "Hacking" (meat cleaver,machete,katana,paper sprinkled with lemon etc) would be the only way I would feel that justice had been done in this case,but then again I solve all my problems with senseless violence(even the technical ones,which is hard on my computer let me tell you :)
The problem isn't that he took a piece of E-armor, but that by hacking accounts he gets access to credit cards

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
anybody who does this really needs to se a profentional(woops) seriously, they are demented. bungie keeps track of recon armor so stealing it wouldnt last longer than one game. what are these guys trying to acheive? (i guess guy because most girls i meat on XL are super calm and not hyper obsesive.)its ARMOR for gods sake. next they try to snek into bungie to get the flaming head armor. if i meat one of those people i'm not even going to punch them, there dird under my feet.
wow got a little deep there, just guess i hate that kind of thing.