Hands On: Heavy Rain

Moeez

May 28, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Frankly, this game still looks pretentious and dull to me. I doubt I'd enjoy it.
Pretentious? When did the game claim to be something it's not? Looks like a murder psychological thriller, that's what it says on the tin. Dull? I guess that's subjective, because I don't know how this game could be more exciting. Gears of War is the dullest game I've ever played, but at least I can back up that opinion.

You guys really should go play Indigo Prophecy, if you've somehow gotten into your head that the game is a bunch of QTEs. The QTEs are only in the action scenes, in both games.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
I've seen both trailers for HR and i gotta say, the first trailer looked more promising in quicktime reaction events than the second one did, so I'm not holding out any hopes that this will ultimately replace fahrenheit, not unless they actually show us some full on gameplay in the trailers anyways.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
This has been top of my "most wanted" list for a while now, but then I'm a sucker for deep, story-driven games.

The QTE's look promising too. The only problem I have with them in other games is that they usually result in instant death, which is just plain infuriating and completely sucks the fun out of a game (I'm looking at you Resi 5), so I'm pleased to see them implemented in a more forgiving way.

In fact the last game I remember where QTE's weren't an instant death was waaay back in Shenmue, which I think was the first game ever to use them. Wierd....

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
This game will definately fix the "Press X to Not Die" stereotype of QTE.
I hate QTE's myself but want to try this game at some point.

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
I was disappointed that it got pushed to 2010, but, as you said, it will be worth the wait.

wkim564

Sep 21, 2009
I'm really ready for this game. I played Indigo Prophecy and think that this will be as good if not much better than that.