Happy Holidays, Everyone

Sep 24, 2008
Just have a good time these days. Everything aside, we are a community. And I hope that you all have the best time you can.

Happy Holidays

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Merry Christmas everyone!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Happy Holidays to all. Enjoy yourselves. Be good to each other not just now, but everyday.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Merry Christmas Everyone! My present to you is some music that'll get all that awful Christmas-crooning rubbish out of your head:

Sep 24, 2008
Marik2 said:
Just say Merry Christmas
I celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Years. And apparently Hanukkah started on the 22nd and ends on the 30th.

I specifically said "these days" because I'm talking about all of these days. I am not starting a thread for each of those.

I'm setting up a catch-all for anyone to express themselves and share if they need. Your politics are noted.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Marik2 said:
Just say Merry Christmas
I celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Years. And apparently Hanukkah started on the 22nd and ends on the 30th.

I specifically said "these days" because I'm talking about all of these days. I am not starting a thread for each of those.

I'm setting up a catch-all for anyone to express themselves and share if they need. Your politics are noted.
I always tell people that they are free to wish me a happy Kwanzaa or Hanukkah. Happy Holidays is an annoying marketing tagline. But happy Kwanzaa to you.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Marik2 said:
ObsidianJones said:
Marik2 said:
Just say Merry Christmas

I always tell people that they are free to wish me a happy Kwanzaa or Hanukkah. Happy Holidays is an annoying marketing tagline. But happy Kwanzaa to you.
I never understood the fuss over saying ?Happy Holidays,? both from those who get ?annoyed? by what they feel is a limp-wristed act of political correctness, and those who use it as such. Fact is, there are multiple holidays this time of year, and you often don?t know which (if any) a given individual celebrates, so what?s the harm in a generic well-wishing for the time of year?

I personally dislike the holidays; I?ve worked in retail for +20 years (both customer-facing and corporate rolls) and this time of year is mostly stressful and reeks of privileged shallowness: big businesses offering insane ?deals? to bring in the masses and those same masses crowing the streets in the attempt to purchase the temporary love of their friends and families, the chintzy holiday music and parades, the cinnamon and peppermint everything, etc., I just really don?t like any of it. I DO like the time off, though, the back-to-back short weeks when the office is basically a ghost town and I can make my own hours, i.e.: I?m leaving today after 4 hours because there?s literally no one here to ask or tell me I can?t.

That said, I wish everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS; all of ?em or none of ?em; I?m about to go day drinkin?.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I tend to say "Happy Holidays", since saying "Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc" takes too long.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
In my head;
Happy Holidays - Happy 24th of December through 1st of January
Merry Christmas - Happy 25th of December

So.. Happy Holidays everyone!

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Xprimentyl said:
Marik2 said:
ObsidianJones said:
Marik2 said:
Just say Merry Christmas

I never understood the fuss over saying ?Happy Holidays,? both from those who get ?annoyed? by what they feel is a limp-wristed act of political correctness, and those who use it as such. Fact is, there are multiple holidays this time of year, and you often don?t know which (if any) a given individual celebrates, so what?s the harm in a generic well-wishing for the time of year?

I personally dislike the holidays; I?ve worked in retail for +20 years (both customer-facing and corporate rolls) and this time of year is mostly stressful and reeks of privileged shallowness: big businesses offering insane ?deals? to bring in the masses and those same masses crowing the streets in the attempt to purchase the temporary love of their friends and families, the chintzy holiday music and parades, the cinnamon and peppermint everything, etc., I just really don?t like any of it. I DO like the time off, though, the back-to-back short weeks when the office is basically a ghost town and I can make my own hours, i.e.: I?m leaving today after 4 hours because there?s literally no one here to ask or tell me I can?t.

That said, I wish everyone HAPPY HOLIDAYS; all of ?em or none of ?em; I?m about to go day drinkin?.
I've always found it ironic that the people who dislike PC want to ban certain language becuase it offends them politically

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
What about the people who aren't on holiday?

Didn't think about that, huh.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Consumerism day.