Happy Holidays from Sony: The Interview Is Available Online

harpere

May 20, 2014
Happy Holidays from Sony: The Interview Is Available Online

Surprise! The Interview is now available online.

If you were hoping to catch Sony's controversial a week after Sony canceled the release of The Interview [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/the%20interview], it's both playing in theaters and available online.

This either a heck of an about-face by Sony Pictures or it's an amazing viral advertising campaign. But however we got here, you can find The Interview on Google Play, YouTube Movies, Xbox Video, or Sony's website [http://www.seetheinterview.com] starting at 10AM PT on December 24th. While these are the only places that have The Interview right now, Sony says it's continuing to work to get the film available on more platforms -- so it may yet show up on iTunes, Amazon, or even the much-rumored Netflix before this is all over.

If you're looking to catch The Interview, a rental will set you back $5.99 while you can buy the movie for $14.99. Happy viewing!

Source: Deadline [http://deadline.com/2014/12/interview-online-plan-youtube-google-play-xbox-sony-1201335280/]

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
LoL, North Korea...

Seriously this is probably better for the movie then anything else. I WILL definitely rent this one. I could not say the same for actually going to a theater and watching it however. I think in the end this will bank in more this route then the theater route.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
slimbiggins said:
So they're going to make bank on, basically a straight to DVD movie. That's publicity for you.
Indeed. Who wouldn't want to see a movie that was the center of a possible terrorist attack? When someone tells me not to do something I want to do it even more. Many a people will rent and see this film. Due to that convenience probably even more than would have gone to the theater. Even being US only it will see plenty of purchases. I'm tempted to do so as well.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
While we do hope to see the release of The Interview across the globe, for the time being this is limited to the USA only. You can only purchase the movie with a US card, and can only stream it from a US IP address.
Thanks America.

Mhmh

Oct 12, 2012
It is once again proven that marketing is all that matters and not the quality of the product you deliver. Oh well, time to go and rent this movie because... well because of all the great acto... or rather all the great reviews... Ah screw it, let's just give Sony the 6$ because that is the only way democracy and freedom will win! USA, USA, USA!

Merry christmas.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
Mhmh said:
It is once again proven that marketing is all that matters and not the quality of the product you deliver. Oh well, time to go and rent this movie because... well because of all the great acto... or rather all the great reviews... Ah screw it, let's just give Sony the 6$ because that is the only way democracy and freedom will win! USA, USA, USA!

Merry christmas.
I think it is more to do with "lets see why North Korea wants to blow up the United States this time".

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I wish this was available here in Sweden...

Couldn't you have mentioned this in the article? As things stand, the article gives the impression that you either didn't do your research or that you're genuinely unaware that there exists countries not called the USA.

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
Queen Michael said:

Couldn't you have mentioned this in the article? As things stand, the article gives the impression that you either didn't do your research or that you're genuinely unaware that there exists countries not called the USA.
But it _is_ available outside of USA, thanks to the most convenient and least discriminating distribution method on the planet.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
This can serve as an example of how successful a movie can be if it's released online alongside theatrical release. It's not the best example, for the obvious reasons. But it's a start.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
For $6, I'm tempted to rent it. That's just over half what a theater ticket costs, I don't have to drive anywhere, and I don't have to pay a fortune for snacks or smuggle in booze.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
mruuh said:
Queen Michael said:

But it _is_ available outside of USA, thanks to the most convenient and least discriminating distribution method on the planet.
Pretty much this. People all over the world will be able to watch it very soon.

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
mruuh said:
Queen Michael said:

So they got ripped off by criminals on the internet stealing from them, they weather through it and decide to put it up anyway, and you suggest to show our appreciation we become criminals and steal stuff from them. Great logic!

mruuh

Jun 29, 2012
Toadfish1 said:
So they got ripped off by criminals on the internet stealing from them, they weather through it and decide to put it up anyway, and you suggest to show our appreciation we become criminals and steal stuff from them. Great logic!
I am not suggesting anything, I am just stating a fact. Do a websearch if you do not believe me. It is out there already.

Entitled

Aug 27, 2012
Toadfish1 said:
I see it more as a matter of "If you were already pissed about North Korea censoring our distribution of films, then why is it that much better to let Sony forbid whole countries to watch it through any possible means?"

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
I know a lot of people real mad about this movie, but I just don't understand that. Even if someone is pro-DPRK (as are all the people I know who are angry about it), you can't have such thin skin about a Seth Rogan comedy. It seems likely it wasn't North Korea that did the bomb threats, but if it wasn't I'm truly confused. How could anybody but them give enough of a shit about the movie to overreact in so dramatic a way? Not surprised some indie theaters were willing to chance releasing it, hipsters can be pretty good-crazy. I'm not even anti-DPRK like most people are (the country is isolated enough that I have a hard time trusting anything I hear about it, good or bad), but I'm looking forward to watching this movie. It's a funny premise with funny people involved, and that's my only standard for watching a comedy.