Happy Screw the Red Coats Day!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
My fellow Merican's. On this day 244 years ago, we declared our independence from bad teeth, tea, and polite conversation. YEEEHAAAAWWWW!
The Yanks declared independence to be free of tea?

Damn it, the Brits need to start another Opium War. :p

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I wonder how many countries have holidays dedicated to kicking Britain out of their country.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
As a BBC, I honestly don't know how I should take that comment. :/

I guess "don't" is my answer, but eh...
BBC? British Born...something?

Anyway, you're free to take it how you want. For what it's worth, my ancestry's mostly British, I've no problem poking fun at that.

On the flipside, anyone who thinks you can only make fun of your own nationality is someone I don't have time for.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
BBC? British Born...something?

Anyway, you're free to take it how you want. For what it's worth, my ancestry's mostly British, I've no problem poking fun at that.

On the flipside, anyone who thinks you can only make fun of your own nationality is someone I don't have time for.
Sorry, triggered...

British Born Chinese, and the Opium Wars enrage me because of shit both sides did and weirdly the good guys were the customs officers. Anyway, I'll go stick my head in a bucket of ice for a bit and end this convo with an apology.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sorry, triggered...

British Born Chinese, and the Opium Wars enrage me because of shit both sides did and weirdly the good guys were the customs officers. Anyway, I'll go stick my head in a bucket of ice for a bit and end this convo with an apology.
Fair enough. Meant it as a joke, but didn't mean to cause offence.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
America, you did not kick us out. We graciously returned your country to you once we got bored of it. Be careful though, we are constantly watching to make sure you are using it responsibly and to be honest, many more Presidents like Trump and we may be forced to take it back.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
According to this list, maybe around 50 or so. We didn't make ourselves particularly popular on the world stage
I'm kinda surprised its not more. Yeah, you guys really did pretty much insert yourselves everywhere no matter what anyone else wanted.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I'm kinda surprised its not more. Yeah, you guys really did pretty much insert yourselves everywhere no matter what anyone else wanted.
Honestly? Me too. I really thought there'd be more places deservedly pissed off at us

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Yanks declared independence to be free of tea?

Damn it, the Brits need to start another Opium War. :p
We have enough of our own drugs, thank you very much.

Hell, apparently a meth lab is pretty easy to set up in the smallest of rural communities.

America, you did not kick us out. We graciously returned your country to you once we got bored of it. Be careful though, we are constantly watching to make sure you are using it responsibly and to be honest, many more Presidents like Trump and we may be forced to take it back.
I for one, welcome our new British Overlords....Looks at BoJo.......Uh.....Looks at Trump.......Crap.

Tell you what, call us when the muppet is gone and we'll talk. Unless el cheeto is also gone.

Do you want el cheeto? We'll give you el cheeto. You can keep him in one of those police boxes the doctor uses to travel around in...you know, but real. I mean, there has to be at least one in storage somewhere you can dust off.

Last edited:

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
As a BBC, I honestly don't know how I should take that comment. :/

I guess "don't" is my answer, but eh...
... I read that in such another way, and I was about to say "Let me find out that SckizoBoy is a brother. Rather vulgar way of declaring it, though".

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
... I read that in such another way, and I was about to say "Let me find out that SckizoBoy is a brother. Rather vulgar way of declaring it, though".
Yeah the only BBC I was aware of until just now was the British Broadcasting Corporation. Which, if Monty Python is to believed, is run by particularly stupid simians of various types.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Is there a version of "lol" for people who actually sorta did laugh out loud?